Position 2021 Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Agree 100%. I'll start, if good to go.

btw, out of interest since when has Luke Mac graduated to Gull status ? He hasnt even been given his wings yet.

Looks a good potential scab, but a 95 avg means Luke is still Bin Chicken.

View attachment 1063490

There can only be one Mighty Gull :thumbsu::cool:

He didn't play the seagull role for all of last year though so the 95 average is not an accurate reflection of his chipscabbing skillz

Jun 29, 2006
Nthn Beaches
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
BBGFC and LRGC
He didn't play the seagull role for all of last year though so the 95 average is not an accurate reflection of his chipscabbing skillz
He can scab.
No doubt about it. Second half of season was verrrryyyy promising.
but we just cant have two Gulls. It shows a total lack of respect.
Luke McDonald is Bin Chicken

( i assume you have bin chickens in Melb also)

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
He can scab.
No doubt about it. Second half of season was verrrryyyy promising.
but we just cant have two Gulls. It shows a total lack of respect.
Luke McDonald is Bin Chicken

( i assume you have bin chickens in Melb also)

I had to look up 'bin chicken'. :$ Can't say I've ever seen one here. :think: Apt name though. LMac can be the Bin Chicken. :thumbsu:

I had to look up 'bin chicken'. :$ Can't say I've ever seen one here. :think: Apt name though. LMac can be the Bin Chicken. :thumbsu:
Relaxing on the Bin Chicken is a great way to spend summer!
20210223_105603.jpeg

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
:thumbsu:
He's a made man now.
They know they've made the bigtime when the SC mob name them.
He earnt his wings with a dazzling display of chipscabbery.
All Hail Binchook.
Watch norf send him back to tagging and make us look like a bunch of dicks.

Clarence2norton

Senior List
Apr 27, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Looks good at first galnce, but seems he isnt prepared to kick thru the ball anymore ?
Classic reaction to chronic hammie. Do you remember if it was his right hammie last time ?

Would still buy if fit.
He’s always had the short follow through kicking style even as a junior.

When you’ve got powerful quads and glutes you don’t need to follow through as much, just look at Daniel Rich.

When you’ve got powerful quads and glutes you don’t need to follow through as much, just look at Daniel Rich.
Poor Daniel Rich.
Mask wearing must really suck when your arms are so short they barely reach your face

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else tempted by Rozee? Or Rankine? Thinking of swapping Green to Rozee/Rankine, Dunkley to mids.

Wasn't trapped by Rozee last year, so tempted. However Rankine could be a safer bet as he is much fitter this year, as evidenced by his time trials runs, and we know he can score heavily as a pure forward.

Anyone else tempted by Rozee? Or Rankine? Thinking of swapping Green to Rozee/Rankine, Dunkley to mids.

Wasn't trapped by Rozee last year, so tempted. However Rankine could be a safer bet as he is much fitter this year, as evidenced by his time trials runs, and we know he can score heavily as a pure forward.

Rockliff, Boak, and Wines are first 3 mids, then I think Gray, Powell-Pepper, Houston, Butters and Rozee.
Hard to say how much mid time he will get, but as a $377k FWD, he's worth a gamble.

Doubt Rankine will score consistently well enough to be a keeper. Will go large at times, but may throw in a few 50's and 60's.
GC batting deep in the guts means he won't get any significant time there, also considering his incredible ability to hit the scoreboard will be needed.

Just need to make sure you don't have too many of these gamble-type players in your team or it could be disastrous.

Battlepants

All Australian
Feb 6, 2019
AFL Club
GWS

I am VERY tempted by Rozee, reckon he averages 90-95 this year. I also didn't get burned by him last year, so I'm seriously considering it.

Rankine less so. I think he scores similar to last year.

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Supercoach GRIM REAPER!!!!!

Go Caldwell instead.

He is actually going to play as a mid unlike the other 2.

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Go Caldwell instead.

I dont get the Caldwell hype.
No exposed form whatsoever.
Has got a couple of years experience in the neafl. It seems like essendon are super keen. But that's about all he has going for him.
Hes a 300k rookie.
Yuck

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Go Caldwell instead.

What sort of scores would you anticipate with Caldwell?

Probably goes at least 80+ if he gets a good run on ball, just not sure it's enough to convince me to take him.

Can't remember a year there were so many surefire MPP options.

I dont get the Caldwell hype.
No exposed form whatsoever.
Has got a couple of years experience in the neafl. It seems like essendon are super keen. But that's about all he has going for him.
Hes a 300k rookie.
Yuck

Think of it like a mature aged recruit, but with the benefit of previous weekly training with an AFL club, and a couple of AFL pre-seasons.

Puts a different perspective on Caldwell/Hately types, especially when sounded out by other clubs for a role.

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Think of it like a mature aged recruit, but with the benefit of previous weekly training with an AFL club, and a couple of AFL pre-seasons.

Puts a different perspective on Caldwell/Hately types, especially when sounded out by other clubs for a role.
Mature age recruits are rookie priced and worth the gamble.
Total pot luck as to whether Caldwell is worth his 300k price.
Who the * knows.
Hell it might pay off.
I just think it's a low % move.
Realistically if he averages 70 hes had a decent year.

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC

The main selling point for mature agers is guaranteed 70-80 averages at rookie prices. There's every chance Caldwell and Hately just do the bare minimum and come out averaging 80 odd points. Not terrible, but not quite worth the extra 200k.

I reckon you may as well upgrade to Rozee who's floor will be similar to Caldwell's weekly average, but his ceiling is premo range.

Mature age recruits are rookie priced and worth the gamble.
Total pot luck as to whether Caldwell is worth his 300k price.
Who the fu** knows.
Hell it might pay off.
I just think it's a low % move.
Realistically if he averages 70 hes had a decent year.

With rookies predicted to be low at round 1, it's more about JS this year.
People want players that are cheap enough to maintain a reasonable average, with some upside thrown in.

Heppell, Caldwell, Hately, Milera, Harmes, Ziebell, Young etc. are players in that awkward price range but expected to play multiple games.

All part of the popular MPM strategy for 2021.

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
With rookies predicted to be low at round 1, it's more about JS this year.
People want players that are cheap enough to maintain a reasonable average, with some upside thrown in.

Heppell, Caldwell, Hately, Milera, Harmes, Ziebell, Young etc. are players in that awkward price range but expected to play multiple games.

All part of the popular MPM strategy for 2021.
That makes more sense.
I much prefer the <300k mid prices. You dont require such a big 3 round average to get a bit of cash.
Your asking a lot of Caldwell expecting 100k price increase.

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Supercoach GRIM REAPER!!!!!
What sort of scores would you anticipate with Caldwell?

Probably goes at least 80+ if he gets a good run on ball, just not sure it's enough to convince me to take him.

Can't remember a year there were so many surefire MPP options.

I think he can easily go 80 and probably a bit more.

90 not out of the question if used as one of the bombers main 6 mids which I think he will be now that Heppell is playing half back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back