Position 2021 Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does that even mean? I didn't start with about 40 other potential players in my team, does that mean I can't bring them in either 😅

His game, role and stats indicate a much higher scoring potential - in a year where there's questions over value everywhere getting a potential player in before they hit their max price is going to be important.

Upgrades don't start happening until R-5-6 anyway, so plenty of time to assess his capacity to become a keeper in your team, that's all I was pointing out that his role was good.

Brayshaw didn't score well R1 last year either and look what he did :(

Caldwell this year vs Brayshaw last year is Chalk and Cheese mate.

Juzzomac

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
I don't actually support North Melb
Caldwell this year vs Brayshaw last year is Chalk and Cheese mate.

And people would have said the same thing when talking about Brayshaw and any either player who has jumped up before last season as well.

It's fine to not think Caldwell will be a good option, but the actual data suggests there's a chance that he might be an option for teams this season and is worth watching :rainbow:

He had 10 CBAs apparently. I wouldn't mind seeing his heatmap from the game if anyone has access to that app?
Screenshot_20210323-115548_AFL.jpg

He was all over the place

Actually looks like a genuine option.

And people would have said the same thing when talking about Brayshaw and any either player who has jumped up before last season as well.

It's fine to not think Caldwell will be a good option, but the actual data suggests there's a chance that he might be an option for teams this season and is worth watching :rainbow:

Don't get cut about it I'm not bagging the bloke. I was more questioning your thoughts on him being an upgrade target. So say he gets his average up to 90 by Round 8 and is $450k is he really an upgrade target? Would you seriously use your cash to upgrade to a 90 average player when you could quite possibly pick up say Danger for $520k with a 105 average. Also Brayshaw was another year advanced and had 2 full seasons playing. Caldwell has played 2 interupted seasons for 11 games and is now at a new club finding his feet. Also remember he disappered in the second half last week was it fatigue or because the
Hawks were smashing them. Just rememberthe Bombers are not a great team at the moment and they will cop a few floggings this year.

When are Anderson and Cunnington due back?
Looks like they're both tests for this week. Round 3 at the latest I reckon.

Not sure where that leaves Stevo. Maybe less CBA's, but will still play mostly on a wing and then rest forward. Then again, Dom Tyson, TT and Powell all had a heap of CBA's, so Stevo is probably ahead of those blokes as he offers lots of pace.

Juzzomac

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Don't get cut about it I'm not bagging the bloke. I was more questioning your thoughts on him being an upgrade target. So say he gets his average up to 90 by Round 8 and is $450k is he really an upgrade target? Would you seriously use your cash to upgrade to a 90 average player when you could quite possibly pick up say Danger for $520k with a 105 average. Also Brayshaw was another year advanced and had 2 full seasons playing. Caldwell has played 2 interupted seasons for 11 games and is now at a new club finding his feet. Also remember he disappered in the second half last week was it fatigue or because the
Hawks were smashing them. Just rememberthe Bombers are not a great team at the moment and they will cop a few floggings this year.

Absolutely, Essendon aren't great and that has to be factored in for sure.

What fwd premos have under performed that will be cheap by the time the first upgrades start coming in?

All the top tier options started R1 well and are only going up if anything.

Dangerfield with your example price wont change until R6 if he's suspended for 3 as well.

If his average is 88 for example by R5 that means outside of R1 he's averaged 91.5.

91.5 over the course of the season @ around 420k with DPP flexibility is F6 keeper at worst. Wingard made the top 6 in total points last year with less.

I'm not saying he's a must, I'm not even saying to pick him up right now. I'm just pointing out a new player in a supercoach friendly role that showed in R1 the potential for decent scores with healthy possession numbers, healthy CP numbers, outstanding tackle numbers and 7 score involvements. Whether he hits that potential this year is the great unknown or even keeps up his R1 numbers is unknown, but why would anyone rule it out right now without even entertaining the idea that he might do well?

People made their mind up with Caldwell in pre-season and shouted that he wouldn't keep the same role 'it's just pre-season' yet here we are.

That's real interesting. He did look like he was playing all over the place on TV. When are North's first string mids due back and does he get pushed out to a wing when they do?
Soon, both tests for this week. So round 3 at the latest

Tyson dropped (can't see him staying in when Cunners and Anderson are just better versions of him)? TT stays forward? Powell and Scott stay on the outside/forward?

LDU, Simpkin, Anderson, Cunners and Stevo on paper would be their main 5 mids imo

Norf supports, thoughts?
buttox blackshadow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Juzzomac

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Looks like they're both tests for this week. Round 3 at the latest I reckon.

Not sure where that leaves Stevo. Maybe less CBA's, but will still play mostly on a wing and then rest forward. Then again, Dom Tyson, TT and Powell all had a heap of CBA's, so Stevo is probably ahead of those blokes as he offers lots of pace.

Think his skillset is better suited to a wing anyway. A few sprinkles of CBA's like a Gaff/Kelly and he could certainly push a 95+ average based on how he played on the weekend.

Problem with North is they're just not very good, not sure how long their insane energy levels from the game on the weekend can last throughout the season if they're getting pumped every week.

Could end up being a more scoreboard damaging version of someone like Phillips and is definitely worth watching this weekend to see if he can back it up.

Simpkin, LDU and Cunners surely get the tag before Stevo playing an outside game.

They (Miller mostly) targeted Gaff this week which is why I made the connection.

But I guess you're right, Simpkin and LDU should be clamped first, surely!

He had 10 CBAs apparently. I wouldn't mind seeing his heatmap from the game if anyone has access to that app?
Here you go. I'm seriously considering bringing him in as an upgrade for Dow or a downgrade on JDG but thinking I'll wait another week (no trades needed this week)

c1ba6f82f04deb28e4cede3bae0b2344.jpg

Jul 23, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Caldwell just scored above break even. Some really uncharacteristic turnovers cost him and then obviously the loss. I think 3 kicks went directly to Hawkes. It think he'll still be an 85 average player at least over the year, and im bullish for higher which is why i picked him. Had Stevo in the team for a fair chunk of pre season as well, but ive missed out there. Didnt want all of Phillips, Stevo and Caldwell in the same side and left Stevo out.

LOL @ people thinking about trading Stevenson in.

When North get their first choice mids back he will not have as much mid time and will be playing more forward.
I disagree JM. Powell, Thomas and Tyson all had bulk CBA's, they'll lose theirs before Stevo imo

I won't pick him after 1 week, but I reckon he'll be the $350k breakout of the season, just need to see a couple more rounds

Tyson will probably be dropped this week, Anderson will come back this week or next, Cunners will come back next week, see what Stevo does then

Even without the CBA's he should still go 90-100 playing on a wing

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
LOL @ people thinking about trading Stevenson in.

When North get their first choice mids back he will not have as much mid time and will be playing more forward.

He played off the wing for most of the game with some stints at the center bounces, had 10 CBA's with 5 clearances.

He had 25 touches against Hawthorn in the last practice game also.

If anything, I think his CBA's increase given his clearance numbers.

He's going to be our wingman for a long time imo. We will ditch Polec before we move Stephenson imo.

Tyson will go for Anderson as early as this week.

Cunners and LDU I think will get rotated forward.

Powell will be a feature fairly quickly at more and more CBA's, his hands are on Cunningtons level.

Phillips will be rotated off the bench when he's introduced.

Simpkin will be the one fazed out into more of a half forward/wing role in coming years imo.

The 2023 midfield setup will be Phillips, Powell and LDU.

Sinn/Horne, Simpkin Stephenson on the wings and half forward.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
I disagree JM. Powell, Thomas and Tyson all had bulk CBA's, they'll lose theirs before Stevo imo

I won't pick him after 1 week, but I reckon he'll be the $350k breakout of the season, just need to see a couple more rounds

Tyson will probably be dropped this week, Anderson will come back this week or next, Cunners will come back next week, see what Stevo does then

Even without the CBA's he should still go 90-100 playing on a wing

Are wingers really going to average 90-100 this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back