Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
A few years ago I took Jack Riewoldt midseason at like 325k

Thing was he had a concussion affected score, then took a couple weeks to kick back into gear, but his scoring that year aside from that 2-3 week low patch was fairly solid

He then proceeded to go on a tear

I just don't feel Heeney or De Goey can be that great a bargain pick atm

Feb 2, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
A few years ago I took Jack Riewoldt midseason at like 325k

Thing was he had a concussion affected score, then took a couple weeks to kick back into gear, but his scoring that year aside from that 2-3 week low patch was fairly solid

He then proceeded to go on a tear

I just don't feel Heeney or De Goey can be that great a bargain pick atm

Heeney went 115, 102, 82 and then scored 44 in a quarter and a half. Was tracking for a 3rd ton in 4 games.
Rushed back from the broken wrist and copped a few other injuries of sorts on the weekend. He is massive value at 320-350k.
Not much risk jumping on at that price.

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Supercoach GRIM REAPER!!!!!
Heeney went 115, 102, 82 and then scored 44 in a quarter and a half. Was tracking for a 3rd ton in 4 games.
Rushed back from the broken wrist and copped a few other injuries of sorts on the weekend. He is massive value at 320-350k.

I'd want to see a good score or 2 from him first before jumping on.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
I brought him in round 4 to get rid of Dow

Can't trust him or Swans medical staff giving out mixed messages on injury durations, he was supposed to be a 4 weeker, cane back after only missing 1, now Hickey in same boat 5-7, comes back after just 1.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Ive had him all season fortunately. Haven't watched much north though, curious to what people think he averages for rest of season compared to his first 7 games
With the shitshow that is the forwards this year he's a season keeper

Surely you'd build around him, not cash in on him

In his seagull role he'll go 100 easy

jdwood

Club Legend
Aug 8, 2007
Vic
AFL Club
Essendon
Absolutely slim pickings this year. But I desperately need to get rookie forwards off the field so considering all of the following.

Marshall - how do people feel about his scoring potential with Ryder doing the bulk of the ruck work? They absolutely flogged Hawthorn and he only scored in the 80s. That's a worry for me.

Daniher - I know he has already made $150k, but the role he is playing behind the ball is very SC friendly. And it doesn't rely on him kicking a bag to score well. On the other hand, it's Joe Daniher.

Sidebottom - potential best of the lot but would want to see some turnround in scoring before bringing him in.

Heeney - cheap as chips but you couldn't seriously entertain him with his scoring at present.

Zorko and Bolton seem like solid (albeit not spectacular) options.

(I'll be leaving a spot for Butters when he returns.)

Who are others considering?

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
Absolutely slim pickings this year. But I desperately need to get rookie forwards off the field so considering all of the following.

Marshall - how do people feel about his scoring potential with Ryder doing the bulk of the ruck work? They absolutely flogged Hawthorn and he only scored in the 80s. That's a worry for me.

Daniher - I know he has already made $150k, but the role he is playing behind the ball is very SC friendly. And it doesn't rely on him kicking a bag to score well. On the other hand, it's Joe Daniher.

Sidebottom - potential best of the lot but would want to see some turnround in scoring before bringing him in.

Heeney - cheap as chips but you couldn't seriously entertain him with his scoring at present.

BBB as a straight swap for a rookie is appealing. Should get to $400k-ish with a bit of luck and could be keep at a push if you get low on trades.

I agree, but he's scoring like a rookie at present. Maybe when Franklin comes back it get better, but I need to see at least one good score first.
He will come good he is too good of a player and worse case he ends up F9

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Supercoach GRIM REAPER!!!!!
BBB as a straight swap for a rookie is appealing. Should get to $400k-ish with a bit of luck and could be keep at a push if you get low on trades.

Didn’t he get injured ? Thought I saw the red cross on him on fan footy.

Mar 6, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Timberwolves

Nick Hind seems solid for a 90 ave~ at 430k averaging 22 possies a game. Can't be worse than any other options out there.

I mean do you want to keep fielding Rowe for the next few weeks? Hell naw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back