2021 Freo Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Finish 7th
Doig Fyfe
Coleman- Tabs
Rising star- Sturt
Predictions- a much improved performance in the forward line driven by continued growth in the young midfield and a rotation of Fyfe, Mundy and Acres through the midfield and forward creating havoc for the opposition.
Debuts - not a lot of opportunities for the newbies, but both O’Driscoll and Chapman chalk up 3 games, and Valente finally gets a debut and plays 10. Meek ekes out 4.

Finish: 8th (Strong start to year, fall off/tough run at the end)
Doig: Cerra
Leading goal kicker: Tabs
Best First Year: Western
Biggest Improver: Sturt

Not sure about a slider, majority of our group is young and on the up, if I had to pick it would be one of Pearce/Hill/Wilson, but Pearce has been out for so long, Hill has already slid and Wilson looked good at the end of the year after a run of games

Ladder finish: 4th
Doig Medallist: Fyfe
Rising star: Young
Most goals: Walters
Best 1st year: Chapman (don’t expect any to play AFL).

Expect the young stars to take a big step forward, heaps of pressure from beneath.

Expect the young stars to take a big step forward, heaps of pressure from beneath.

4th...big call. Would of thought making up the numbers in the 8 would be best case scenario.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ladder Finish: 7th-9th
Doig Medallist: Brayshaw
Rising Star: O'Driscoll
Most Goals: Taberner
Best 1st Year: O'Driscoll

I'm expecting O'Driscoll to come in early, and look at home straight away.

Last edited:
4th...big call. Would of thought making up the numbers in the 8 would be best case scenario.
We have an excellent draw, a hungry team and are coming off a reasonable season despite injury derailments. I too reckon 4th is realistic as long as we actually get to play the home games we're scheduled to play instead of hubbing again. And injuries improve. I don't think we're ready for a serious flag tilt but 4th is achievable

If we don't see a draftee we're in trouble. Even premiership teams debut fresh draftees....at least the teams that stay good for a period of time.

If we don't see a draftee we're in trouble. Even premiership teams debut fresh draftees....at least the teams that stay good for a period of time.
Not entirely sure about that, tigers and cats often have players on their list for a year or two before they debut, for us Valente and Meek should get an opportunity this year, the 5 new draftees will need to prove themselves in the WAFL before they break into the starting 22. Our depth is going to be a real strength this year, we have plenty in our top 30 who can rotate through the starting lineup without weakening our team much.

We should expect debuts from Valente and Meek, and significant games into Sturt, Henry and Young. Any draftee getting a debut will have earnt it.

Last edited:

Chapman & O’Drisc don’t look physically ready to me compared to the rest of the team.

Not sure the others are good enough to break in.

Yeh, but teams do it from time to time, and if you look at our b22 it’s actually quite strong.

I think it’ll be a real logjam from about 3rd to 10th this year.

Finish: 5th (hot start to the season, fall out of the top 4 towards the end)
Doig: Brayshaw
Goals: Walters
Beacon: Young just ahead of Sturt
Improver: Darcy (continue to build around the ground), Sturt, Henry
Slider: Conca (suspect some time at Peel is coming for him)
Best 1st year: Western, think he could do some damage up forward

We have an excellent draw, a hungry team and are coming off a reasonable season despite injury derailments. I too reckon 4th is realistic as long as we actually get to play the home games we're scheduled to play instead of hubbing again. And injuries improve. I don't think we're ready for a serious flag tilt but 4th is achievable
this, if we have the season as fixtured, think there’s every chance we’re towards 4th or so. suspect not much will seperate 4th and 9th or so, think we’re every chance.

Not entirely sure about that, tigers and cats often have players on their list for a year or two before they debut, for us Valente and Meek should get an opportunity this year, the 5 new draftees will need to prove themselves in the WAFL before they break into the starting 22. Our depth is going to be a real strength this year, we have plenty in our top 30 who can rotate through the starting lineup without weakening our team much.
Huh? Balta, Stack, Higgins, Bolton, Clark, Miers are a few.

Huh? Balta, Stack, Higgins, Bolton, Clark, Miers are a few.
Can’t be bothered doing more research as the very first of your examples spent all of 2018 playing in the reserve team.
“Noah Balta; is a professional Australian rules footballer playing for the Richmond Football Club in the Australian Football League. He was drafted by Richmond with the 25th pick in the 2017 AFL national draft and made his debut for the club in round 1 of the 2019 season.”

Can’t be bothered doing more research as the very first of your examples spent all of 2018 playing in the reserve team.
“Noah Balta; is a professional Australian rules footballer playing for the Richmond Football Club in the Australian Football League. He was drafted by Richmond with the 25th pick in the 2017 AFL national draft and made his debut for the club in round 1 of the 2019 season.”
same with Miers, drafted 2017 debut 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Back