2021 Freo Predictions

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
I'm not going to say we're a bottom four team after one game, but we seriously have to step up next week. There was zero excuses to drop that game.

Aug 16, 2009
UK
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC, Old Easts
bottom 4, perhaps even dead last, we are woeful and there isnt much improvement in sight. Our mids are a year old, its almost time to start over and perhaps even trade fyfe out for a couple of first round picks and start over
Put your palm in your face right now.

Yeti

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2012
Newcastle
AFL Club
Fremantle
bottom 4, perhaps even dead last, we are woeful and there isnt much improvement in sight. Our mids are a year old, its almost time to start over and perhaps even trade fyfe out for a couple of first round picks and start over

Trading Fyfe out is going full Melbourne. You never go full Melbourne.

Hey Brayshaw, Cera, Serong sign up long term to the club and show loyalty.

Oh, and we'll trade you if we realise you aren't going to be part of our next flag despite you still having good footy left and showing loyalty to the club.

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
Trading Fyfe out is going full Melbourne. You never go full Melbourne.

Hey Brayshaw, Cera, Serong sign up long term to the club and show loyalty.

Oh, and we'll trade you if we realise you aren't going to be part of our next flag despite you still having good footy left and showing loyalty to the club.

None are going to be part of our next flag, try first flag. ;)

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
I was about to say this was the biggest overreaction to a single loss so far but then I found the Board Decisions and List Management threads. Jfc.

We lost a game. Sell the farm! Sack the coach! Expel the Board! Blame Everyone! Fold the Club! Ummm... calm the farm perhaps?

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
If we get our injuries sorted we'll make finals. JLo wasn't at his best on the weekend but the team we put out was never going to win. The guy showed last year he can change set ups and styles from week to week pretty well. I haven't thrown the baby out with the bathwater yet

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
I love our little melts after Round 1 where everyone says we're going to be a bottom 4 team that are perfectly reasonable takes and aren't at all over the top and irrational.

muckypup

Club Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Bayswater Bowling & Rec Club
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The WACA's
I have Fremantle 7th this year. But the range is 5th to 10th ... similar to last year. We will be in the log jam for the 8 as long as we are reasonably healthy. We just looked underdone on the weekend. Big game this week ...

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
I have Fremantle 7th this year. But the range is 5th to 10th ... similar to last year. We will be in the log jam for the 8 as long as we are reasonably healthy. We just looked underdone on the weekend. Big game this week ...
A lot of guys coming back this week, we should be beating GWS.

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
I was about to say this was the biggest overreaction to a single loss so far but then I found the Board Decisions and List Management threads. Jfc.

We lost a game. Sell the farm! Sack the coach! Expel the Board! Blame Everyone! Fold the Club! Ummm... calm the farm perhaps?

I don't think the reaction is to losing this game it's the previous 5 seasons and the other 14 seasons of rubbish. . That loss on Saturday brings on the fear of another crap season.
By my reckoning it's 19 seasons of disappointment and 6 of reasonable outcome.
Melting has become part of our psyche .It's become all we have to look forward to.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Start of the season I predicted Freo to finish between 7th to 11th.

I seriously think we will finish bottom 6. Not dead last or bottom 2. 13th to 16th.

When things were really tough in 2017 and 2018, I always saw positives when the heavy defeats came early in those 2 seasons hoping an unlikely win at home would come and galvanized the squad in which it did.

Dont get me wrong there is some good talent coming through 👌.

But on the injury front. Backline injuries are Alex Pearce, Joel Hamling and Griffin Logue history repeats again. so sadly like start of last season, our 3 best tall defenders are injured. Good news for younger guys like Tobe Watson, Taylin Duman and Chapman to get games.

In the middle..... Sean Darcy our main ruckman is injured. Glad Lloyd Meek is getting AFL games. Darcy Tucker is injured as he is in our best 22. Walters out means we lose a wingman/ forward flanker that can kick 30-40 goals.

Up forward no Lobb means a FF and 2nd ruck is injured. Crowden and Bewley out injured means there isn't many small forward options.

The 1st 3-5 rounds are going to be tough. I don't see us beating GWS at home or Carlton in round 3 with the injuries we got out.

Hoping to at least beat one of hawks at home in round 4 or North in round 6, preferably both.

As I posted on another thread. The 1st 3rd of those games so from rounds onee to 7 was good. The 2nd 3rd of those games from rounds 9-16 was ok.

But those last 7 games of the season are brutal.....

Cats at home, tigers at home and the derby.

Hawks in Tassie, swans at scg, Brisbane at the Gabba and saints at Docklands.

Could lose all 7 and lose by a fair bit too

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
I'd like to see improvement and growth in our young guys and a full year bedding down our gameplan plus a drip-feeding of young talent into the team.
Anything else under the circumstances will be a bonus.

Wilksyy

Tab on a 🦀
Aug 26, 2018
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, Leeds Utd
Start of the season I predicted Freo to finish between 7th to 11th.

I seriously think we will finish bottom 6. Not dead last or bottom 2. 13th to 16th

If we’re not gonna finish top 8, I would prefer we finish 16th over 13th or less. No more Ninthmantle s**t. Get a KPF in the draft.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
If we’re not gonna finish top 8, I would prefer we finish 16th over 13th or less. No more Ninthmantle sh*t. Get a KPF in the draft.

If freo finish 16th, I want 6-7 wins and not go 0-10. No way I want a repeat of 2016 when freo went 0-10 and have a 4-18 record.

Amazing how much improvement freo would have if we got a solid KPF or 2

Back