2021 Freo Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

but that's dumb luck, not shrewd list planning/management - he was pick 69 ffs. and despite him being a mouthwatering prospect, we've yet to see if he can do it at the top level.
I dunno about "dumb" luck, they still chose him. Also luck is underestimated as a factor in the way many things pan out.

LOL at danstar - he is the hero we need now, but not the one we deserve.

The only personnel problem I think we have is injuries and we are missing a top tier KPF. The rest is fine and the issues are likely some combination of not having the KPF presence we need, terrible forward entries and early season rustiness.
Yep, we had a shocker in the first quarter on Saturday. Improve that and we win the game. We were even all over them in the first half of the quarter, just slaughtering our forward entrees. I'm not sure we could play worst than that as we couldn't even kick the ball in the forward 50 most of the time.

yeah no im not on the optimistic side, theres no way we are getting close to finals and i never thought longmuir was the right coach for us, getting an ex freo player was always going to go bad. We need a strong character from over east, one of clarkos assistants. Longmuir has till the end of next season to get us to finals and i cant see it happening so he will go end of next year

but that's dumb luck, not shrewd list planning/management - he was pick 69 ffs. and despite him being a mouthwatering prospect, we've yet to see if he can do it at the top level.
Losing Hogan and McCarthy in one year has unbalanced our list. We are going to have to recruit replacements when one becomes available and it isn't that dire when you look at us at full strength. A lot of clubs would struggle if they lost most of their forward line. Treacy, we clearly thought he was best available this year. Hogan wasn't working out and McCarthy didn't appear to be preparing at the level required. None of this means the young guys we have picked up are not good players and by extention, good recruiting.

Losing Hogan and McCarthy in one year has unbalanced our list. We are going to have to recruit replacements when one becomes available and it isn't that dire when you look at us at full strength. A lot of clubs would struggle if they lost most of their forward line. Treacy, we clearly thought he was best available this year. Hogan wasn't working out and McCarthy didn't appear to be preparing at the level required. None of this means the young guys we have picked up are not good players and by extention, good recruiting.
Hopefully we can put 10 or 12 solid games into Treacy this year and he shows some decent promise, clunks some good marks and kicks a dozen goals or so. Would be a great boost to our longer term KPF stocks then.
Then if we can find a way to draft another decent KPF prospect like Van Rooyen, our future looks more secure

It's in the lap of the footy Gods but lose Sunday and then front up to Carlton which will be tough with us away and Carlton coming of a 10 day break .
With 0 and 3 nearly impossible to come back from these next two games are like finals for us .We have to at least win one.
Finals nearly out of the question after 3 rounds will make for another very tough season and really difficult to come to terms with.

I think we'll win the next two games, the boys are fired up after last week and will wanna smash GWS on our home deck, Carlton will bottle it against us too

Ladder Position at 1/2 way - 12th
Ladder position EOY - 11th
Doig - Fyfe, Cerra, Ryan, Brayshaw, Treacy/Young tied for 5th
Leading Goalkicker -Tabs - 34
Rising Star noms - Young, Treacy, Chapman in that order. Young to win if he get a spot on the wing instead of defence.
AA 40 man squad - Fyfe Cerra
AA Team - none
First games - Chapman - 6, Valente - 1, Treacy- 11, O'Driscoll - 2, Thomas - 1
Retirements - Hill, Mundy (Darkhorses Pearce/Walters)
Ask for outs/Delist/Trade - Cerra (offered 4 year deal but apparently only wants a 2 year maximum deal Dockers might use as trade bait if no agreement as part of Cripps deal), Duman, Valente
1616734183831.png
I dont know how eagles got second on my predictor, they do have an easier draw than most and not as many top 8 teams to face twice. Looks relatively even as for percentages.

yeah no im not on the optimistic side, theres no way we are getting close to finals and i never thought longmuir was the right coach for us, getting an ex freo player was always going to go bad. We need a strong character from over east, one of clarkos assistants. Longmuir has till the end of next season to get us to finals and i cant see it happening so he will go end of next year

FYI This is not my alt account you guys.

Freo playing like the bottom 4 team they actually are. Last week was lucky they played a side that was off there game and couldn't hit the side of a barn. This week against a top 8 team that will be in the finals they are been found wanting.

Future is a long long way off before we get anywhere near finals. Still think we need to rebuild the list properly and I don't think longmuir is the right coach for us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finish: 12th
Doig: Fyfe
Goals: Taberner
Rising Star : Young
Riser: Brayshaw
Slider: Wilson

How is everyone feeling about their predictions now that we are 1/3 of the way through the season?

I certainly feel like I was being ambitious with a 12th placed prediction.

Still don't see us anywhere near bottom 4, were no great but we aren't anywhere near Hawthorn, Collingwood, Norf, Essendon bad

How is everyone feeling about their predictions now that we are 1/3 of the way through the season?

I certainly feel like I was being ambitious with a 12th placed prediction.

Shithouse! I thought we’d be doing slightly better win/loss and much better performance wise, but I expected that it might be our turn for some injury luck after 25 years of bad luck but not to be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back