Discussion 2021 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

You think we are a better side? Better list?
No I don't but I think it's a joke to say they have better young talent than we do and we would lose by 100 points. That's funny.

Poor kid was crying after the game, he's gone for 14 days and he's devastated.

Is he concussed? Or was it a knee? They were looking at both. Pretty sure he’d be a lot more upset with a knee than missing just one game.

What a great game of football. We won’t come close to either of them in the next few weeks. You look at the Port players and they seem like big bodied, tough MEN. We seem like a bunch of boys compared to these kents. Geewhiz

got some very good coaching there. schoey does not tolerate fools. i reckon our guys would wet themselves approaching schoey at qtr huddle.

No I don't but I think it's a joke to say they have better young talent than we do and we would lose by 100 points. That's funny.

I guess we won't have to wait long to find out. So we have King, Clark, Coffield and Battle. They have Butters, Duursma, Rozee, Georgides, that mullet kid, Powell Pepper, Huston, Willem Drew etc. And guys like Sam Hayes and Joel Garner in reserve. They have guys like Rockliff missing from their best 22 still. Their list bats ridiculously deep across all ages and Alir will add to that depth. Hinkley seems to be a fairly meh coach though and he lets the players play but lack strategy. He's a GT clone who loves his players and they love him but I doubt he has much in the way of tactics.

I hope we beat WCE and get our confidence back quickly because if we don't it's going to get ugly against both of those sides. Even for Richmond they are starting slow. They will want to put their foot down and we might be in the way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess we won't have to wait long to find out. So we have King, Clark, Coffield and Battle. They have Butters, Duursma, Rozee, Georgides, that mullet kid, Powell Pepper, Huston, Willem Drew etc. And guys like Sam Hayes and Joel Garner in reserve. They have guys like Rockliff missing from their best 22 still. Their list bats ridiculously deep across all ages and Alir will add to that depth. Hinkley seems to be a fairly meh coach though and he lets the players play but lack strategy. He's a GT clone who loves his players and they love him but I doubt he has much in the way of tactics.

I hope we beat WCE and get our confidence back quickly because if we don't it's going to get ugly against both of those sides. Even for Richmond they are starting slow. They will want to put their foot down and we might be in the way.
They have a lot of great kids and a large portion of their best 22 over the age of 28 then a middle bracket of okay players.

Their window to win a flag is right now before between 6 to 8 of they best 22 retire.

Hahaha

Well yeah their list bats deep, they made a preliminary final last year. I never debated who had a better list I just disagreed with you that their young talent is better than ours.

King Clark Wilkie Gresham Paton Coffield Battle Bytel Higgins to start.

You don't need to be deliberately disingenuous because we've played poorly recently.

I thought he was concussed.
I've got no idea, I saw him crying after the siren but didn't know why. Obviously thought he was injured but didn't know what it was.

They have a lot of great kids and a large portion of their best 22 over the age of 28 then a middle bracket of okay players.

Their window to win a flag is right now before between 6 to 8 of they best 22 retire.

I agree, their list reminds me of us around 2014. So much depth and quality but haven't been able to make it count. Richmond are their Brisbane Lions. Charlie Dixon is the greatest tease in history. He does just enough to make you think he's become a star and he drops away again.

Another club can have a good player without there being some type of underhanded commentary about our own recruiting and players.
Leave that discussion for the serial whingers lol, pollute every thread on here with it

I've got no idea, I saw him crying after the siren but didn't know why. Obviously thought he was injured but didn't know what it was.

Doesn't sound good for him. I must have been filling my wine while they were talking about his knee.

Hahaha

Well yeah their list bats deep, they made a preliminary final last year. I never debated who had a better list I just disagreed with you that their young talent is better than ours.

King Clark Wilkie Gresham Paton Coffield Battle Bytel Higgins to start.

You don't need to be deliberately disingenuous because we've played poorly recently.

I still think if you asked most neutral people who had the better youth list it would be hands down in their favour. Perhaps I'm wrong but right now they are showing more.

I still think if you asked most neutral people who had the better youth list it would be hands down in their favour. Perhaps I'm wrong but right now they are showing more.
I disagree I think a bunch of them are overrated because they play in a good side. Teams like Sydney have youth that are showing more.

Could be both.

When the tackle was "completed" and doc came out, he did the swirl at the head signal which generally means concussion, since well slow mo shows his leg buckle in tackle and then he literally faceplants.

So likely an ACL/Medial/PCL + concussion out of being tackled when disposing. Is s**t for him regardless.

Port I reckon our list was building up and hitting its straps around then. I think our list around 2009 was less quality but did more with it. Port should be playing off for premierships. If they don't make the GF this year they will have under achieved for the depth of quality they have. What's wrong with that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back