Discussion 2021 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I follow the dees are fair bit due to my mum but I have no idea why they weren’t better than they were last year with maybe 3 of the top 15 players in the afl. Obviously this year they are getting to where they should be. I think they really could be hard to beat this year. And they have 2 ex coaches helping out as well that is depth in coaching.

You made out that I was a dickhead for saying that last week and suggesting their list was good last year. If Brown comes in and they clean up the goal conversion they'll go pretty well IMO.

You made out that I was a dickhead for saying that last week and suggesting their list was good last year. If Brown comes in and they clean up the goal conversion they'll go pretty well IMO.
Brown 3 goals today and Weideman 7 goals today for Casey

Hawthorn had em on the ropes and shat the bed, much like we did. I'm not convinced.

One thing I am sure of though. Hawthorn will be picking up the spoon this year. Beyond hopeless.

North have injuries and a pretty young squad, should be lucky to win 3 games IMO. Hawks are competitive and have a pretty good core of mid career players. Bottom 4 but think a few could get jumped by them if they are off their game.

No never said that even slightly. Said brown is overrated. Happy for prove that comment. You might find it hard.

If anyone thinks we are really really bad, here's an exercise to make you feel better.

Look at every team then remove their first ruck, chf, premier small defender, premier intercept defender and three starting mids and see how their team stacks up.

Doggies have an awesome midfield but the team doesn't look as great if Brucey is playing first ruck and they have some untried tall trying to hold down a key forward spot.

If anyone thinks we are really really bad, here's an exercise to make you feel better.

Look at every team then remove their first ruck, chf, premier small defender, premier intercept defender and three starting mids and see how their team stacks up.

Doggies have an awesome midfield but the team doesn't look as great if Brucey is playing first ruck and they have some untried tall trying to hold down a key forward spot.
Chf???? Am I missing something? Is that Ro’s main position when he’s not rucking?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough but two or three of those will either not play or struggle to impact this year. It’s really now only the 2 rucks and jones.

Since we play 2 rucks, one plays as a key forward when the other is rucking which means we been having any of Hunter, McKernan or Carlisle resting in the spot instead which is like playing one short up forward.
Serious question. So we have a full time chf in the team atm?

Buddy and Hickey out for next month. Hickey possibly two.

that’s a mammoth blow to the swans.

Serious question. So we have a full time chf in the team atm?
Maybe you could classify Membrey as it - after the Dogs finals, Leigh Matthews praised Membrey saying it was the best he has been someone play as a true CHF forward all season.

But I dont think it's a clear position we have one player in every single week. We tended to just rotate our talls all game rather than having them in set positions.

Not sure. Email the club and ask the Trainee Receptionist.
I don’t think she’d know either unless it was written on the side of the coffee machine.

Its difficult to say because CHF does not really exist anymore
It’s strange because I never realised this but it sort of has been phased out.

It’s strange because I never realised this but it sort of has been phased out.
Full Forward is probably the only forward position that really still exists now.

King would be our Full Forward
Members Lead up forward/3rd tall
Marshall 2nd tall/2nd Ruck
Higgins, Butler, Lonie Small forwards

I hope we smash Port and they give her the game ball for values displayed during this dark time such as being responsive and engaged, having open conversations and showing genuine care and finding ways to work together and having one another’s back.
If nothing else Brad Hill should get her some flowers for deflecting the blowtorch...good fella that Brad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back