Discussion 2021 General AFL Discussion

Sep 20, 2009
NSW
AFL Club
St Kilda
Seems the Crows board still salty AF over Crouch.
Only team to have ever lost a free agent for a compensation pic.

The only thing about Adelaide is they beat us in 97 so it's still kinda hard to s**t on them as hard as I'd like to. I (quietly) enjoy every single time they look like chumps though.

The only thing about Adelaide is they beat us in 97 so it's still kinda hard to sh*t on them as hard as I'd like to. I (quietly) enjoy every single time they look like chumps though.

That one makes me angry. Bad enough the bears cannibalised to buy their run, then Eagles come in and go for flags, the two SA clubs grab some and long may Freo and GCS suck the fat ones.

Friggen newbies need to know their goddamn places.

KingsRansom

Club Legend
Aug 23, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
May be an unpopular opinion. But I'd like to thank Eddie McGuire for everything he has done for the game. As a president, he showed everyone one else how to run a club and turn it into a fully professional entity. The game is better off after he helped mould it.
His last few years weren't great and probably should have stepped aside after the Goodes saga, but he should be remembered for his work in turning Collingwood from a cesspit into a modern sporting administration collosus in Australia.

Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...nett-says-it-s-an-option-20210212-p5724u.html
Imagine if after all the talk about the small clubs and our debt, the Hawks are the team to relocate haha.
P.S. I know he’s just talking sh*t and trying to renegotiate a new Tasmania deal but it’s still an hilarious thought.

I said ages ago when Kennett was talking about moving to the Dingley tip site that they were doing some dumb stuff. They have had a period of success off the back of a golden playing generation. People assume that it was all genius management but they were given the Waverley site for free and have had a very good stadium deal. By losing the advantages by investing in an expensive non traditional training facility while going south on field and in memberships while also losing the Tasmania deal they could quickly become vulnerable. The MCG is a great stadium if you are packing it out, the stadium deal doesn't rake it in if it's empty.

Lets see if the new rule holds up again tonight

I thought Collingwood struggled with it, but I also thought there was a subtle shift in how it was umpired, in that it felt like the play on call seemed to come out marginally quicker.

It definitely means teams with better kicking skill will be able to transition better.

I noticed that at the opening bounce yesterday Cotchin had a clear hold on Sidebottom and it went completely unnoticed. Cotchin seems to get a dream run with the umpires like he has some sort of invisibility cloak and it’s s already hard enough to win games without having to overcome that advantage.

de1375e7d5c51075c8e8186486274464.jpg

I thought Collingwood struggled with it, but I also thought there was a subtle shift in how it was umpired, in that it felt like the play on call seemed to come out marginally quicker.

It definitely means teams with better kicking skill will be able to transition better.

I noticed that at the opening bounce yesterday Cotchin had a clear hold on Sidebottom and it went completely unnoticed. Cotchin seems to get a dream run with the umpires like he has some sort of invisibility cloak and it’s s already hard enough to win games without having to overcome that advantage.
Probably a flow on effect of being a good side (umpiring in your favour).

Thought it was an alright game, Richmond's shots on goal lead me to believe the rule still played a part, admittedly didn't watch the entire game to say for sure. But I think they had 25 scoring shots, enough to usually put on a score above 100 at least.

Geary Is GOAT

Premiership Player
May 4, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Think it might be 3 to 5 years for North at a minimum
The biggest red flag is that they sacked all their mature players and have replaced them with nothing but kids. It's the same thing we did really and something we have sought to rectify in recent years and a few of them like Wilkie have become so important to us.

They really needed to pick up a couple of mature agers this year from the state leagues. Don't think connor menadue is going to cut it.

Back