Discussion 2021 General AFL Discussion

LiterallyNobody

Cancelled due to poster being a Campaigner
30k Posts 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Harry Potter Fan Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Shiny Penny
Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
* Geelong are kissed on the dick this year. free kick not paid last week. Score review and a desperate Henry fist gets the job done this week.

coming up for them Melbourne, north and west coast.

you’d expect them to be 4-2 or 5-1 for sure.

Makes you think. Wasn't Bytel batter than Walsh before the back injury?

I think that was his under 17 year before the back but he was certainly up there. Walsh was talked about as being a clear number one from most pundits by under 18s. I really like Bytel, I think his kicking is as good as any mid going and his inside ball winning looks like it could develop into something really special. If we have a down year that might be a real bonus, we just chuck games into him and develop our own superstar mid. The Dogs have an elite midfield but still piled games into Bailey Smith and it's paid off.

Lol. Maybe the Pidgeon was a 'winger' and just played out of position.
He did get moved to the forward pocket but was moved back very quickly back to the middle.
A first round pick and an inflated contract should be enough to lure it to the Saints
I don't think we can afford the good quality seed.

He did get moved to the forward pocket but was moved back very quickly back to the middle.

I don't think we can afford the good quality seed.
He is to outside and wouldn’t get enough of his own ball

Jarrod Witts out with an ACL. Huge out for Gold Coast.

Funny enough I was watching that game thinking * GC and their resilient ruckman, he never misses games and a few minutes later he went down. I think I St Kilda-cursed him.

They might have to use Bing as a back-up wth how little options they have.

They just have to make it to the midseason draft and could probably pick up Goober.

I’d rather draft the Seagull anyway. We seem to like those chip scabs.

Actually describing Hill as a seagull is derogatory to seagulls. Most of them really get in and under to get that contested chip.

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
After close scrutinizaation of the first half year of State League games , they will draft the best prospect for AFL......Ed Phillips.
We've now got at least 2 spots we can fill on June 2 so how about a recall for Matthew Parker.

Good first up game for South Freo playing in the midfield. Hard fast good kick and good size, just the type of player we need for our slow midfield.

1617697869530.png

We've now got at least 2 spots we can fill on June 2 so how about a recall for Matthew Parker.

Good first up game for South Freo playing in the midfield. Hard fast good kick and good size, just the type of player we need for our slow midfield.

View attachment 1095541

I can't believe Schloithe still doesn't have an AFL club, he's talked about every year. Must be late 20s by now though, maybe he could do a CJ.

FQFjt

Club Legend
Sep 11, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Pretty torn on who to tip Dogs v Lions.

Dogs the favourites, and in great form. But hard to write off the Lions.

Reversion to the mean suggests Lions... am I overthinking?

LiterallyNobody

Cancelled due to poster being a Campaigner
30k Posts 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Harry Potter Fan Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Shiny Penny
Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
Pretty torn on who to tip Dogs v Lions.

Dogs the favourites, and in great form. But hard to write off the Lions.

Reversion to the mean suggests Lions... am I overthinking?
I think the bulldogs win this one comfortably tbh - might be a chance to win their first minor premiership this year

The Lions haven't been back home to Brisbane for a couple of weeks now, right? Depends on their mentality, but they seem like the sort of group who could rally together and benefit from their mini-hub scenario.

ScrappyDo

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda
Makes you think. Wasn't Bytel batter than Walsh before the back injury?
Equal highest stats accumulation along with Walsh.
It's difficult to compare since they're different types, but Jack would play the 1st half in u18 games before his back would cease up then went completely.

Jack Bytel
Arguably the most advanced stoppage player in the 2018 draft crop. Bytel averaged an impressive 28 disposals, 14 contested possessions, seven clearances and six tackles per game. He is also capable forward of centre, using his body effectively in the contest and also averaging close to one goal per game

Equal highest stats accumulation along with Walsh.
It's difficult to compare since they're different types, but Jack would play the 1st half in u18 games before his back would cease up then went completely.

Jack Bytel
Arguably the most advanced stoppage player in the 2018 draft crop. Bytel averaged an impressive 28 disposals, 14 contested possessions, seven clearances and six tackles per game. He is also capable forward of centre, using his body effectively in the contest and also averaging close to one goal per game

He's a beast. Unleash the Bytel and watch the rest take care of it's self.

Back