Discussion 2021 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Roddy Grant

Tier 5 ITK - formerly Indie Rock
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jan 24, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
‘Jamaine Jones white supremacist’ sounds less likely than ‘dumb twats playing stupid game’.

Surely the fact that one of the guys doing it is a person of colour would suggest it isn’t more sinister?

I had no idea about this symbol having its meaning changed until now.

Last edited:

Poor Paddy McCartin looks like he will be suspended for striking while playing for Sydney reserves . Unfortunately he had been playing well in the first few games . Didn’t think he had a temper but he certainly let the other guy feel it . Would like to know what the lead up was because there must have been something going on for him to react like he did .

‘Jamaine Jones white supremacist’ sounds less likely than ‘dumb twats playing stupid game’.

Surely the fact that one of the guys doing it is a person of colour would suggest it isn’t more sinister?

I had no idea about this symbol having its meaning changed until now.
Yeah or Nic standing right there with them and not calling it out then or afterwards LOL.

It's a school yard game that I experienced as a kid growing up too. The ignorance is amazing. Whatever it takes for clicks I guess.

All the outrage of racism gave me a damn good laugh though 😂 Just so out of touch.

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
I'm confused, did you really think that the Eagles players were being racist or were you being facetious?
Being racist? No.

Showing their affiliation with white supremacists? Yes.

They stopped making Malcolm In The Middle around the time most current AFL players stopped believing in Santa Claus, I didn't expect this circle game to actually be a thing nowadays.

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
Yeah or Nic standing right there with them and not calling it out then or afterwards LOL.

It's a school yard game that I experienced as a kid growing up too. The ignorance is amazing. Whatever it takes for clicks I guess.

All the outrage of racism gave me a damn good laugh though Just so out of touch.
Be like that then.

I'm a bit ignorant of schoolyard games, it's true. I'm not really a woke person, but fair enough I saw white supremacists where there were none, my bad.

Anyway, probably a conversation that should be moved to the Random thread if it still exisits.

Last edited:

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
Omg is this what the world is coming to now??? Can’t even play the circle game without racial connotations.

I have no actual words. Just flabbergasted.
Same mate. I had know idea it meant anything apart from meaning ok

I did that circle when i got a birdie at golf the other day LOL

World is really rooted sometimes

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013
But then again nothing should surprise anymore

In Dan Murphys standing in line and lady behind holding a slab and couple of bottles, So i said you go through its ok. She replies what I'm a woman i cant hold this what ever makes you feel good. JESUS CHRIST F*** off bitch

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Coventry City
The problem with people associating symbols and gestures to socially hated groups is that the group could choose anything to associate with, and by that logic we would have to stop using it.

Imagine if white supremacists starting waving as their official greeting, would we have to stop because it associates us with them?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sully111

Premiership Player
Jun 10, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda

In Dan Murphys standing in line and lady behind holding a slab and couple of bottles, So i said you go through its ok. She replies what I'm a woman i cant hold this what ever makes you feel good. JESUS CHRIST F*** off b*tch

I've had the same reaction offering a woman a seat on a train

I said i meant no offence it's just that you're physically inferior to me and i was worried you might fall over

No i didn't

But i was a bit blown away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In Dan Murphys standing in line and lady behind holding a slab and couple of bottles, So i said you go through its ok. She replies what I'm a woman i cant hold this what ever makes you feel good. JESUS CHRIST F*** off b*tch

Best reply.
Oh sorry i didn't notice you were a woman.

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
May 19, 2013

11men1cup

All Australian
Jun 15, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Last night, on AFL 360, On the couch, and footy classified, the top story was Collingwood. Jeez can we have some variety. Yes we know Collingwood are a shambles right now. I don't need to hear different white men talk about Collingwood for 15 minutes a piece.

On Pixel 4 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app
Don't get me wrong. I love seeing Collingwood in free fall as much as the next bloke, just didn't feel the need to pay a whole lot of attention when I've already heard the same s**t about Collingwood on another program

Sully111

Premiership Player
Jun 10, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Last night, on AFL 360, On the couch, and footy classified, the top story was Collingwood. Jeez can we have some variety. Yes we know Collingwood are a shambles right now. I don't need to hear different white men talk about Collingwood for 15 minutes a piece.

Should they have different coloured men talking about collingwood?

Sully111

Premiership Player
Jun 10, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Maybe these guys could discuss collingwood

image 2.jpg

Thought the same thing. Two weeks of it non stop.

Back