Discussion 2021 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched most of the Dons V North game. My in-depth observations

The commentators fawn over Essendon but they are pretty ordinary.

Nick Hind had another 20+ possessions game but losing him costs us absolutely zero.

Reminded me of a certain turnover in the same part of the ground yesterday. Shattered the Roos couldn’t get the job done, bloody close.
An annoyingly similar mistake.

Watched most of the Dons V North game. My in-depth observations

The commentators fawn over Essendon but they are pretty ordinary.

Nick Hind had another 20+ possessions game but losing him costs us absolutely zero.
If they do end up in the 8, it will be great watching either Sydney or Port smash them.

There is a huge gap between the top 6 and the rest this year.

These games without crowds suck, has the feel of a pre-season hit out.

can we end up 12th at the end of this?

If GWS wins we will be, would've been 7th if we won yesterday, shows how tight the middle part of the ladder is when 4 points can make such a big difference.

I just don’t get the Essendon hype

They are a pretty average team, they don't really deserve to be in 7th spot on the ladder, like Freo last week they benefitted from playing one of the bottom teams.

They play GWS and Sydney in the next couple of weeks who will be much tougher to beat than North were today who were missing their best player in Cunnington.

If Cunnington played North may have beaten them.

They are a pretty average team, they don't really deserve to be in 7th spot on the ladder, like Freo last week they benefitted from playing one of the bottom teams.

They play GWS and Sydney in the next couple of weeks who will be much tougher to beat than North were today who were missing their best player in Cunnington.

Even the top 4 look ordinary, hard to be confident with any of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Harves can't get the pies up here he can forget about any senior coaching gig at an AFL club - not exactly as if the players lack motivation to beat Carlton

Sam Walsh is a superstar.

Yep, he's going to be a special player, still only 21 and already a top 10 player in the league. Looks like he'll give Petracca a run as the best pick one in recent years. I never saw him as having that much more growth in him, I thought he would be a good solid mid but didn't have enough special qualities. Got that one very wrong. Bailey Smith is plateauing but I thought he'd be the better of the two.

If Harves can't get the pies up here he can forget about any senior coaching gig at an AFL club - not exactly as if the players lack motivation to beat Carlton
Yes, I think he needed to win this game to at least put himself in the picture.

Big problems for the Sydney, GWS game.
6 Swans and some GWS players ( Toby Greene, Callum Mills and others) were at tier 2 exposure sites and so cannot play.
Is the rot starting?

One of our ex players winning the game for West Coast, 4 goals for Cripps.

Crows need to lift.

Can’t see results going our way for a third week. Maybe the Swans is the best chance.
But really, we blew it.

Impressive heat map from Carlton’s young star Sam Walsh

MZaSSO7.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back