Discussion 2021 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Why ? he kicked 2 goals 2 behinds with 12 disposals.

I made that comment in the first quarter when he had hardly had a touch and then missed a shot at goal from straight in front about 20 metres out.

Wow Jack Viney in some trouble. Terrible look, what a cowardly flog

I friggen hate it. Reading that damned transcript of that tribunal.

Show of defense my left buttcheek, it's like, you literally run over to a prone bloke after loosing th wetackle sicne he diposed of the ball, press an elbow to the throat/face area and it's a defense mechanism? Get F'd you obvious POS.

It's obviously coached to state "you know you're in the wrong, you know you were antagonistic, play the victim and you'll be right" as yay reputation bias bullshit.

Collins should get a choice: do you accept his plea or do you want to elbow him in the lower jaw for a few seconds with your entire body weight.

Job done.

I friggen hate it. Reading that damned transcript of that tribunal.

Show of defense my left buttcheek, it's like, you literally run over to a prone bloke after loosing th wetackle sicne he diposed of the ball, press an elbow to the throat/face area and it's a defense mechanism? Get F'd you obvious POS.

It's obviously coached to state "you know you're in the wrong, you know you were antagonistic, play the victim and you'll be right" as yay reputation bias bullshit.

Collins should get a choice: do you accept his plea or do you want to elbow him in the lower jaw for a few seconds with your entire body weight.

Job done.
its like a more malicious version of that Tom Lynch Dougal Howard situation. Tom Lynch was just being a cheeky dickhead but Viney looks like he's seriously trying to hurt Collins

Hayden Young the Rising Star this week, wanted this lad so badly in his draft year

2 weeks for Viney?
Thats is just patently ridiculous.

IMO they should just crack down on all the behind play bullshit. All of it. Wrestling, jumper punches, bumping a guy when he's getting up from the ground, throwing an arm at someone when you run past them, etc etc etc. There's plenty of cameras, fine or suspend guys if they start things. For something like the Viney incident, throw the book at them. It'd all be gone in a month.

Interesting to see Rob Harvey's stock riding as coach after a more exciting Pies outfit appeared under his watch.

They are saying now that Bucks shackled his players to an overly defensive style and now Harves has em purring.

IMO it's easier to coach an exciting style that the likes of Ratts & Harves brought in, particularly after players struggled under a dour style previously (Richo & Bucks, respectively). Less discipline & organisation needed, more popular with fans & players so less pressure.

But when the fun gets stopped by oppositions and you're forced to dig in, can those offensive coaches get their teams playing a style that can fight in the trenches, and play substainable finals style matches? I think we're seeing with Ratts that it's too difficult, and I predict it will be the same for Harves.

Meanwhile, would Bucks bring a good hard-nosed defensive balance alongside Ratts? Would they work together, and could Bucks handle being assistant to one of his contemporaries, both as player and coach?

IMO they should just crack down on all the behind play bullshit. All of it. Wrestling, jumper punches, bumping a guy when he's getting up from the ground, throwing an arm at someone when you run past them, etc etc etc. There's plenty of cameras, fine or suspend guys if they start things. For something like the Viney incident, throw the book at them. It'd all be gone in a month.

Well, if that’s the sanction for “serious misconduct” the fine for a shove will be $20. That’d be the equivalent of throwing a magazine at them!
You’d probably have to murder someone to get four weeks….unless your name is Steven Baker?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What has Taylor Walker said?

The Selwood stuff was just disgusting and set the tone with zero weeks penalty… if putting your hands into the eyes of a player who has their arms pinned well off the play is acceptable we have a serious problem in the sport.

The Selwood stuff was just disgusting and set the tone with zero weeks penalty… if putting your hands into the eyes of a player who has their arms pinned well off the play is acceptable we have a serious problem in the sport.

Yep exactly. I've got no idea why they don't just take a strong position on it. It's as if the AFL is scared of looking weak.

Off the ball stuff should equal 2 times the penalty as there is absolutely no reason for it or questions around intent.

When you consider that at the crux of it, Baker got weeks because of inattention just like Long got weeks for standing instead of falling, the fact that people aren't getting weeks for straight assaulting people is telling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back