Discussion 2021 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

No, not interested in wasting my time on this issue.
I have better things to do.
Well if that's the case I'm not sure why you felt the need to make comment. If you are not interested in wasting your time I'm sure you can appreciate that I too am not interested in wasting my time by having to repeat myself. This topic was discussed at length yesterday and my views are accessible throughout the last few pages of this thread. Thank you.

kernelT

Can go any club
Aug 15, 2010
Chiraq
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Louis Slungpue
I listed some examples of why someone might be wary of taking the vaccine, I might have deleted it though. It’s possible he knows someone who had the vaccine who got sick from it, it’s possible he’s scared bcause there is no long term data on the effects. This is a new style of vaccine, it’s not appropriate to compare it to the polio or measles vaccine.
there have been vaccines deemed safe, only for a recall to occur a few years later.
Surely you could understand that someone may take issue with being forced to take a vaccine without its long term affects being studied? Or is that simply the concern of a brain dead moron? A pea brain?
Maybe he’s privately had the shot, but is taking a stand against the governments mandate.

We don’t know, and we don’t need to know. He’s standing up for what he believes in, and I’m not sure he deserves to be mocked or belittled because he’s going against the majority view.
You’d think I have murdered his first born by the reactions to calling a bloke dumb.

Not all causes people stand up for are noble, like white supremacy... you may feel strongly about it, doesn’t mean I need to respect it.

Blokes like this have earnt millions of dollars and with that comes some spotlight and public commentary, apologies Liam if you don’t like my take. I honestly hope you don’t get very sick or are responsible for another person losing their life because of your decision to ignore compelling health data and advice.

Unfortunately these decisions don’t operate in a vacuum as our hospitals wont discriminate on who has been vaccinated or not hence our wards are absolutely chock full of unvaccinated people. If one persons choice around vaccination didn’t effect others, this wouldn’t be an issue.

kernelT

Can go any club
Aug 15, 2010
Chiraq
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Louis Slungpue
Full credit to Jones.

I'm sure his agent has negotiated a payout of part of his contract. Much better result than being put on the inactive list and getting paid $30,000 for the year while also being unable to pursue other career options. How the AFLPA agreed to that deal is beyond me.

What is does for Carlton is a whole other story.

They went and got Lachie Young but no way they planned on him playing FB every week. Marchbank could maybe do the job but he hasn't played in forever and was always more like Plowman as a 3rd tall. Maybe they pull the trigger on Leek Aleer? Oscar McDonald is still on their list too...
Let’s all hope they completely fall apart. 👍

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013

Dard Ball Get

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
May 23, 2016
W.A
AFL Club
St Kilda
Gee, Suns could really use a Will Brodie type…

😎

Dard Ball Get

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
May 23, 2016
W.A
AFL Club
St Kilda
F3718BB2-F276-4FA0-8C8B-59CA7C5409A9.jpeg

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't even feel sorry for Gold Coast with this. If that club has any backbone, they'll sack whoever allowed this to happen.
Quite frankly, this is one of those moments where I'm surprised the AFL didn't get involved to tell North to back off.

i just cannot remember a club *in it so so so bad

I actually love North for pulling this off.

We should go talk to Rory Thompson now haha

#FoldCoast

Who else did they put on the rookie list ?

Thirty year old Rory Thompson who was a potential gun but makes Hanners look resilient and Jez McLennan.

i just cannot remember a club fu**in it so so so bad

When I was looking up the story the first news story was that they are investing $10 million in a childcare centre. Priorities.

I can't even feel sorry for Gold Coast with this. If that club has any backbone, they'll sack whoever allowed this to happen.
Quite frankly, this is one of those moments where I'm surprised the AFL didn't get involved to tell North to back off.

If it were a "big" club, then yeah, the AFL will step in as it's only cheeky when you're like us and a cellar dweller to pull that sort of shifty. So North get the pass as say we did with Sydneys good will, but Essendon does that or the Pies do that and the AFL generally tell them where to stick it.

Not 100% sold on GCS not orchestrating it though. They're one of the clubs that were approaching a cliff re contracts so "whoopsie" on a contract sign of a wanted agent isn't outside the realm of them just doing a s**t job on purpose.

Christ I feel bad for Steward Dew and anyone who coaches that basket case. Surrounded by morons just itching to throw you under the bus when it all goes **** up for the upteenth time in 12 years.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don't be, easiest place to coach as they have NFI if you've met your KPi's or just sit at a desk devouring everything in sight ala Dew. Cushiest coaching gig in the AFL that one, the rest of them have those words everyone hates; potential and expectation.

Back