No Oppo Supporters 2021 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

With Jason Ball having a laugh. I said you've done everything to stop us and we have still made a GF and then he must have called Scott Jeffrey
Would not surprise me in the slightest. If there is any such thing as karma, that slimy prick will get what's coming to him one day.

With Jason Ball having a laugh. I said you've done everything to stop us and we have still made a GF and then he must have called Scott Jeffrey

There's actually a slight chance this may have led to a conversation with the umps to make the result a certainty. It's a huge stretch, but not beyond of the realms of possibility.

The umpiring performance on the day and the end result all but confirms there was an agenda to make it a dog's win. I'm 99% sure the result was rigged.

There's actually a slight chance this may have led to a conversation with the umps to make the result a certainty. It's a huge stretch, but not beyond of the realms of possibility.

The umpiring performance on the day and the end result all but confirms there was an agenda to make it a dog's win. I'm 99% sure the result was rigged.
There is something in it

There is something in it

I don't doubt it for a second...

The AFL had absolutely everything to gain by ensuring the dogs won and the swans lost.

Dogs - a club struggling for relevance prior to 2016 and fans starving for a win.
Swans - on the nose for the Vic footy public. Seen as cola abusers. They had the nerve to recruit tippett, then buddy after winning the 2012 GF. The AFL couldn't accept this.

And given the whole situation where Fitzpatrick was obviously personally against the poaching of buddy.

This was his opportunity to show the swans you go against the AFL at your own peril, because at the end of the day he still holds the power and will make clubs pay of they cross him.

Last edited:

Nah, I just think the media was so much for the Bulldogs during the week (who could blame them really, everyone loves an underdog), that the umps couldn't help being influenced by that on the day.

I always thought the Club could have used the AFL letter of apology as a marketing opportunity-

* Copy sent to all members
* Framed copies to be auctioned.
* Cheer Squad to quote excerpts on CS banners for games v Footscray

I am sure there are opportunities to have similar fun with Thatfatprick as well the great quote, "you can't have them all". Others:

* Pies forgiven for breaking rules - Bloods punished for observing them.

Nah, I just think the media was so much for the Bulldogs during the week (who could blame them really, everyone loves an underdog), that the umps couldn't help being influenced by that on the day.

The 2016 campaign for them was really a outliner that probably wont happen again in our lifetimes every single thing went their way from umpiring to getting players back and peaking in 1 game (Tom Boyd)

2021 umpiring standards are so much worse than anything i have seen in a season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fun fact:

Sydney's team is the 2nd oldest to play so far this round. We have a lot of young players but it isn't exactly unique.

Port Adelaide, Hawthorn, Fremantle, Gold Coast, Adelaide, St Kilda all younger and Geelong older.

Edit after the Norf game - Norf younger, GWS older

Last edited:
Fun fact:

Sydney's team is the 2nd oldest to play so far this round. We have a lot of young players but it isn't exactly unique.

Port Adelaide, Hawthorn, Fremantle, Gold Coast, Adelaide, St Kilda all younger and Geelong older.

Edit after the Norf game - Norf younger, GWS older
Young or oldest don't tell the whole story.

1. We are immature. We turn up to the big games and go missing on small games. You can be 30 and immature.

2. Our senior core isn't winning games. When we look good it's Warner, Mills, Heeney, Wicks, Hayward tearing it up. We look bad when relying on JPK, Parker, Franklin, Rampe, and so on. We need our senior core, but they aren't the powerhouses other teams have. So we feel the ebs and flows of youth more profoundly than an equally young team with a better senior core.

3. That isn't a fun fact, it's an unfun fact :mad:

Wowee, don't think the Tigers make the top 4, even if they win every game from here.

I can't see the top 5 changing now either, Port Adeliade seems the only team that could make a leap into the top 4.

Don't think any club could come into the top 8, but stranger things have happened :(

Neale Daniher made an Officer of the Order of Australia.

Richly deserved.

His FightMND charity has raised close to $50 million since 2014.

I know these early calls always come up around this time... but I think the only change to the top 8 will be geelong in for Carlton.

Missed Brisbane in for Adelaide.. still at the half way mark, so there's still time for the ladder to change, and Sydney's position looking a little more precarious than in round 4. But still looking like a decent prediction.

Screenshot_20210613-225734_Chrome.jpg

Richmond robbed tonight that was a 7-8 metre kick to JK2
Ehhhh, yes and no. Definitely a bad call, but Richmond should of won that game with or without bad umpires. Had 2 terrible inside 50s in the last 2 minutes, while West Coast had one good (while controversial) inside 50.

Shows the importance of composure and not kicking to Shannon hurn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back