No Oppo Supporters 2021 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Would be done by the time we are contending but no doubt in the short term would of helped us.

Who is Brisbane playing? cant find anything except their AFLW game against Fremantle.

I am just guessing but I suspect Brisbane will be playing Gold Coast for the same reasons we played GWS, both clubs are close and don't require getting on a plane.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Me thinks the man on the mark rule is very silly :rolleyes:

Oh wow that’s ridiculous.

This is going to be painful at times... I don’t mind the premise of what they are trying to do but seriously.

In the end I reckon clubs just won’t man the mark. What’s the point, it just reduces their flexibility, effectively takes out a player.

The man on the mark will become a thing of the past.

momentbymoment

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2014
Noosa
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool

This is going to be painful at times... I don’t mind the premise of what they are trying to do but seriously.

In the end I reckon clubs just won’t man the mark. What’s the point, it just reduces their flexibility, effectively takes out a player.

In the end they will do what pretty much all the Swans were able to do. They will stand on the mark until the ump calls play on. It’s not really that complicated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
In the end they will do what pretty much all the Swans were able to do. They will stand on the mark until the ump calls play on. It’s not really that complicated.
Rampe didn’t play though, good luck keeping him still lol

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney

Its going to cost teams games.

I loved Bruce as a caller in the 90s and early 2000s. For mine he was just never quite the same once the footy came back to 7 after it had been on 9 and 10 for a few seasons. Maybe it was hard getting back into full swing after a few years away from calling the game?

His worst recent moment was probably the 2018 GF when he knew De Goey could do it, “because he’s a great, great, special player”. It was cringetastic to say the least.

I do reckon he’d be a good all round bloke though and certainly fun to talk footy with

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
I loved Bruce as a caller in the 90s and early 2000s. For mine he was just never quite the same once the footy came back to 7 after it had been on 9 and 10 for a few seasons. Maybe it was hard getting back into full swing after a few years away from calling the game?

His worst recent moment was probably the 2018 GF when he knew De Goey could do it, “because he’s a great, great, special player”. It was cringetastic to say the least.

I do reckon he’d be a good all round bloke though and certainly fun to talk footy with
Met him at the SCG before we beat Hawthorn in the QF in 96 , i said why do you pump up the opposition against us and his reply was , with a tap on the shoulder "i try and make it exciting " nice bloke but past his best .

Dubai Quacker

Wily Old Campaigner
Aug 11, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Met him at the SCG before we beat Hawthorn in the QF in 96 , i said why do you pump up the opposition against us and his reply was , with a tap on the shoulder "i try and make it exciting " nice bloke but past his best .
His latter years were punctuated by constant, annoying declarations that “you just feel like {insert team} are {insert cliche}”.

Apart from that, he was an entertaining caller & I’ll miss the bloke.

His latter years were punctuated by constant, annoying declarations that “you just feel like {insert team} are {insert cliche}”.

Apart from that, he was an entertaining caller & I’ll miss the bloke.

I must admit the other thing that did drive me spare, despite liking him as a caller overall, was the way he absolutely adored the Hawks from around 2012-16... he would wax lyrical over Buddddeeeeee and Poppeeeee and BREUST and CYRIL and Rougheeeeeee and let’s not forget the greatest bloke of all time HODGEEEEEE. He bloody adored them and would often sound surprised if they weren’t at least 10 goals in front on the score board in every single match they played

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back