No Oppo Supporters 2021 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Jake Stringer is the next Dustin Martin" update: 2.1, 9 possessions.

BULLDOGS FREES
2016 EF 17-13
SF 19-14
PL 23-13
GF 20-9 !
2019 EF 34-28
2020 EF 15-8

Don't know about today

22-14

It’s an issue now with the media

BULLDOGS FREES
2016 EF 17-13
SF 19-14
PL 23-13
GF 20-9 !
2019 EF 34-28
2020 EF 15-8

Don't know about today

Grand final was 20-8 mate even worse

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The boys' club flying into effect to get Toby Greene off has been hilarious, particularly in light of the new footage which just confirms what we all could see the first time around: that Toby Greene walked straight through the umpire without even bothering to deviate despite all the time in the world to do so.

Luke Darcy, Nick Riewoldt, Jonathan Brown being just three who I saw make complete gooses of themselves trying desperately to get Greene off for what can only ever be considered unacceptable behaviour from a sportsperson.

The arguments were brilliant: he never actually touched him, Stevic actually reared back to get out of the way, he didn't really mean to make contact and it was all an accident. Insisting that we simply could not believe the footage which was right there in front of us. And made all the more hilarious by the fact that these are the type of commentators who bemoan that slow-motion footage is used too much to make decisions at the tribunal, when all of a sudden, who did we see last night poring over the tape in super slow-motion to get Greene off like they were the Zapruder tapes?

I actually really enjoy watching Greene play despite hating him to his core as a player for how he guts us every time we play the Giants, but how anyone thought he should get off for this is just beyond me.

The boys' club flying into effect to get Toby Greene off has been hilarious, particularly in light of the new footage which just confirms what we all could see the first time around: that Toby Greene walked straight through the umpire without even bothering to deviate despite all the time in the world to do so.

Luke Darcy, Nick Riewoldt, Jonathan Brown being just three who I saw make complete gooses of themselves trying desperately to get Greene off for what can only ever be considered unacceptable behaviour from a sportsperson.

The arguments were brilliant: he never actually touched him, Stevic actually reared back to get out of the way, he didn't really mean to make contact and it was all an accident. Insisting that we simply could not believe the footage which was right there in front of us. And made all the more hilarious by the fact that these are the type of commentators who bemoan that slow-motion footage is used too much to make decisions at the tribunal, when all of a sudden, who did we see last night poring over the tape in super slow-motion to get Greene off like they were the Zapruder tapes?

I actually really enjoy watching Greene play despite hating him to his core as a player for how he guts us every time we play the Giants, but how anyone thought he should get off for this is just beyond me.
Geese . What a pity someone didn't take out Stevic years ago , only joking

He is actually a great player. Top 10 in the league easy. Imagine for a second that he was a clean player. He would be lauded as a great player.
No one sees him as a great player. Great players do'nt lift their studs into other players. He has done knees into players. Elbows into players. His past is littered with indiscretions and not minor ones. He breaks new ground. Some of his highlights no one has every done before.
The AFL will brush this under the carpet and allow him to play in the grand Final should he reach it.
A proper sanction would be to ban him for 8 weeks and send a strong message to the wider AFL community and in particular, junior ranks that contact with an umpire is not on.
Should be: 8 weeks
AFL: 2 weeks so he can play in the Grand Final and justify the AFL expansion. Weak as piss Gil.

He is actually a great player. Top 10 in the league easy. Imagine for a second that he was a clean player. He would be lauded as a great player.
No one sees him as a great player. Great player do'nt lift their studs into other players. He has done knees into players. Elbows into players. His past is littered with indiscretions and not minor ones. He breaks new ground. Some of his highlights no one has every done before.
The AFL will brush this under the carpet and allow him to play in the grand Final should he reach it.
A proper sanction would be to ban him for 8 weeks and send a strong message to the wider AFL community and in particular, junior ranks that contact with an umpire is not on.
AFL: 2 weeks so he can play in the Grand Final and justify the AFL expansion. Weak as piss Gil.
Just wait and see Rusty

No one sees him as a great player. Great players do'nt lift their studs into other players. He has done knees into players. Elbows into players. His past is littered with indiscretions and not minor ones. He breaks new ground. Some of his highlights no one has every done before.
I actually think they'll come down hard on him, I'm thinking two weeks.
If he had hit one of our boys or something like that, then yes they would ensure he got off, but intentional contact with an ump is not negotiable and won't be tolerated.

Having said that, if he does get suspended I think that will fire up GWS.

I actually think they'll come down hard on him, I'm thinking two weeks.
If he had hit one of our boys or something like that, then yes they would ensure he got off, but intentional contact with an ump is not negotiable and won't be tolerated.

Having said that, if he does get suspended I think that will fire up GWS.
I actually want them to beat the Cats and then get destroyed by the Dees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back