No Oppo Supporters 2021 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

tombomb

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Am I missing something over this Greenwood thing?
Greenwood will be 30 in March coming off a knee injury. He has one year left & North gave him 2 with a trigger.
Crows didn't value him as a younger player.

I don't see anything wrong with what the GC have done. In fact to get him there they probably had him on 400-450K.
That's off their books now while they need to sign some genuine stars going forward.
Smart move IMO.
Carlton are thinking ...

*so you can just delist your overpaid players and some stupid club will take them off your hands?!*

tombomb

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
No point even saying wind them up , IT WILL NOT HAPPEN !
Also i hope they are better than GWS
I think GWS is going to be a much bigger long term problem in terms of player retention.

It is being covered up at the moment by GWS' extra concessions and their much smarter initial list build. But that is eventually going to cycle through.

robbieando

Oct 9, 2001
Spitting Bars
AFL Club
Sydney
Kind of over that bloke retiring and then not retiring. GWS need to move on.
Doubt the are planning on drafting him but by not signing his retirement forms and nominating for the draft it gives them an insurance option if enough of their rucks get injured between now and the mid season draft. If he signed his retirement forms he has to sit out a full season, this way if he is required by some really bad luck then the Giants have an option ready to go who knows the system. Smart thinking really.

ScrewInStuds

Club Legend
Mar 24, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Miami Heat
I'm torn. If Browne the elder finds his way into the presidency at Collingwood they're probably going to keep sucking for a while yet (that's good!), but if it helps McGuire get onto the AFL commish the whole comp might start sucking too (that's bad!).

I don't know what I want anymore.

Ticky009

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
I'm torn. If Browne the elder finds his way into the presidency at Collingwood they're probably going to keep sucking for a while yet (that's good!), but if it helps McGuire get onto the AFL commish the whole comp might start sucking too (that's bad!).

I don't know what I want anymore.
I can't believe he had the utter gall to propose Eddie for the AFL Commission. Talk about not reading the room.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rustycrate

Club Legend
Oct 18, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Yeah, was probably the only voice we had in media that was respected all around.
Just thinking about what you said....

I will bet he has no enemies anywhere. He seems like he has a cloak of genuineness and credibility.
Maybe he is the good guy he portrays. I think so.
His footy knowledge is half of the reason people respect him. The respect of his peers is the other half.

bedford

Hall of Famer
Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC
Not Swans related , but fitness guru Darren Burgess is on SEN tomorrow morning . Have heard some snippets and sounds like a good listen with things like that he agrees on more interchange caps which will cause less injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad