No Oppo Supporters 2021 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rhyce Shaw now Kurt Tippet to GCS coaching unit

Be lucky if we get normal season
The AFL will definitely get a season away, what is normal who knows. I am really hoping the other levels get seasons away, from the VAFA to the local senior footy, NAB League, and down to Sundays with the juniors. Another miss at those levels will be catastrophic.

I hate how people talk about Tippett on this board. It is so disrespectful, especially since before his injuries he was a damned good player for us.
No problems with him , his 16 form before the broken jaw was outstanding , but he was scared when he came back and Nankervis should have played and he would have rag dolled Boyd

To be fair I think it's only 1 or 2 posters on here that bang on about Tippett.

He was great for the swans.
He was. Then he had injuries. Then he was paid too much in others eyes for his output. Then people turned on him.
I like 99.9% of posters liked it when we "stole" him from Adelaide. People on here were gloating in the steal of such a player.
High salary, injuries, tide turned and he was derided. Not his fault. He tried his best on field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol not many players come back from a broken jaw two weeks after it happened, especially in high pressure finals. And didn't he come back on against GWS after he broke it?

He didn't perform to his peak ability in the Grand Final, but geez...he deserves a bit more respect. Was far from our worst on that day.

We should've won a flag during his time at the club, no doubt, but him being made the scapegoat by a couple of folks on here constantly is getting a bit tiresome.

He was. Then he had injuries. Then he was paid too much in others eyes for his output. Then people turned on him.
I like 99.9% of posters liked it when we "stole" him from Adelaide. People on here were gloating in the steal of such a player.
High salary, injuries, tide turned and he was derided. Not his fault. He tried his best on field.
It's not like the club decided to pay him after the fact. His contract was set before any injuries. So to turn onto him for such a reason is complete bs. His form for us before injury was excellent. Those who use him as a cop out are just following the crowd with short term memory loss and low football iq.

No problems with him , his 16 form before the broken jaw was outstanding , but he was scared when he came back and Nankervis should have played and he would have rag dolled Boyd
LOL nank would've got rinsed. And his impact in the tigs grannies is mute, never rag dolled anyone in his career let alone in those grannies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back