No Oppo Supporters 2021 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, 100%. Having grown up around that time as well, that period of time between 1988 and 1995 (in particular 92 and 93) and not having the success of the Hawks and the Blues of this world when I was at primary school and also nearly seeing the side killed off makes me feel lucky and grateful for the success we have had the last 25 years all that much more.
Ditto here.

... Kels, Luffy, Lewy, Dezza (Kickett), Dunks, Cressa...

It's when I learnt every name can be nicknamed!

For someone who is only in his 20s, I haven't had the chance to support my team at their lowest, and these last 2 years have been really fun for me. Feel like true supporter when I'm watching the team get thrashed (not that we do).

For someone who is only in his 20s, I haven't had the chance to support my team at their lowest, and these last 2 years have been really fun for me. Feel like true supporter when I'm watching the team get thrashed (not that we do).

Also in my 20's and agree, it's been humbling but this group has me so excited, the ceiling looks so goddamn high from here

Well i get called old on here. I've been lucky now to see 2 flags , should have been 4 and then i look at the flog St Scum fans.
What about the 1933 flag ? Surely you were there ?

Just kidding. Thanks for the good wishes Bedders. You're absolutely right, we're all Swans here and I hope we all have plenty of reasons to celebrate over the coming years. I have a good feeling about our team.

Meanwhile I'm keeping my head down on Plague Island (GB) and enduring the strict lockdowns. It's tough, the winter is cold and dull, and I long for some footy, but there's spring, Swannies and an end to the pandemic to look forward to. Stay safe Swannies

What about the 1933 flag ? Surely you were there ?

Just kidding. Thanks for the good wishes Bedders. You're absolutely right, we're all Swans here and I hope we all have plenty of reasons to celebrate over the coming years. I have a good feeling about our team.

Meanwhile I'm keeping my head down on Plague Island (GB) and enduring the strict lockdowns. It's tough, the winter is cold and dull, and I long for some footy, but there's spring, Swannies and an end to the pandemic to look forward to. Stay safe Swannies

Have it on good authority that SBD Gonzalez has watched every season since 1896

Random observation of the day. If the Swans gave Buddy an additional nine years starting this season, at the end of it he'd still be younger than Tom Brady is now.

I know NFL quarterbacks don't run as much as AFL players, but every play Brady has a line of big men trying to bring him down. Impressive longevity for someone still performing at a high level. I'll be happy if we can get two more good years out of Bud.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So has there been any reasoning as to why they have decided on East Coast VFL as the league name and not just ECFL? The V seems to be a little redundant.
Is that the definite name or just the placeholder for the time being?

So has there been any reasoning as to why they have decided on East Coast VFL as the league name and not just ECFL? The V seems to be a little redundant.

Because the die hards can't let go of the past so easily. I'm sure the AFL has their own grand vision for what they want their second tier competition to look like but the changes will need to be gradual.

Redundant not quite the word rather misnomer more apt. You can’t have an entire east coast league spanning 3-4 states described as “Victorian”. Plain stupidity and obstinance anchored in the past. This almost on a par as locking the GF in for MCG for next 50 years.

Funnily enough there is plenty of money for Grass Roots footy without even impacting those salaries but $800,000 seems to me excessive for what they are doing.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think at AFL headquarters there are about 8 people that earn more money than Buddy.
Name me another high profile sport in the world where executives get paid more money than the best player.
Why is that?

I think at AFL headquarters there are about 8 people that earn more money than Buddy.
Name me another high profile sport in the world where executives get paid more money than the best player.
Why is that?
Hence the call for an Independent review. Can't come soon enough.

Tom Scully might have played his last game !

Really happy to hear the afl is harder on concussions. Imo the harder the better. As much as I love the game, couldn't watch any loved ones get concussed multiple times.
Such a scary injury.

This is always true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back