Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bear31

Club Legend
Feb 15, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
Gil has form so no surprise. He was forced through public and media pressure to finally denounce the ongoing jeering of Adam Goodes in his later playing years.....an absolute disgrace and cowardice at the highest level.
Racism is ugly. It hurts and demeans even the strongest people, let alone the weak. It is everywhere. I have been guilty of it growing up because that is what I was taught/experienced. It is ingrained in society. All of us have been exposed to some degree. We all need to look at ourselves and improve. It will take generation's to go away. Things are better now than when I was growing up.
I remember a trip away at year 11. We were playing cards. There was a Torres Strait Islander guy playing with us. One of my mates. Guys came into our room wearing hooded masks like the KKK. He was really scared. He was really tough though and beat all of them up. We just stood and watched. The guys in the hoods thought it was a joke. They meant no harm.
They did not know what they were doing nor the harm they were inflicting.

How good is the Dean Towers goal on Day 4753 😍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
A mate at the AFL told me Daniher actually kicked 6 on Harris Andrews the week before last and another 4 last week. Makes you wonder if we made the right decision, but know we have a new Macca that can be anything .

Nuggetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
A mate at the AFL told me Daniher actually kicked 6 on Harris Andrews the week before last and another 4 last week. Makes you wonder if we made the right decision, but know we have a new Macca that can be anything .

Who knows what he'll provide in the regular season with his injury history. I'm glad we don't have him as that would be another player on a hefty contract with continuous injury problems.

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
It's a risk that a) Brisbane could take and b) We probably couldn't.

Especially since Brisbane didn't have to give anything up, whereas we would have lost Papley and McDonald.

I was on the side of getting him in, but 2019 would of been us getting royally screwed, and it was too late by 2020.

It's a shame, he's a bloody good player when he's up and going.

It's a risk that a) Brisbane could take and b) We probably couldn't.

Especially since Brisbane didn't have to give anything up, whereas we would have lost Papley and McDonald.

I was on the side of getting him in, but 2019 would of been us getting royally screwed, and it was too late by 2020.

It's a shame, he's a bloody good player when he's up and going.
Yeah, who knows how it could have ended up? Maybe in an alternate world we lost Papley and got Daniher last year. Daniher then kicked 6 in the last game against Geelong and we finished above Hawthorn. Hawthorn then uses their first pick to bid on Campbell, which we match, but can no longer get Gulden as we've already traded that first pick for Daniher. Final alternate wash up:

In: Daniher
Out: McDonald, Papley, Gulden

I'm actually pretty happy that things played out the way they did

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Yeah, who knows how it could have ended up? Maybe in an alternate world we lost Papley and got Daniher last year. Daniher then kicked 6 in the last game against Geelong and we finished above Hawthorn. Hawthorn then uses their first pick to bid on Campbell, which we match, but can no longer get Gulden as we've already traded that first pick for Daniher. Final alternate wash up:

In: Daniher
Out: McDonald, Papley, Gulden

I'm actually pretty happy that things played out the way they did
Same here . Just dirty that we lost the Danihers back in the day and then give Ant's the arse , he was spewing as he was happy in Sydney and i had a few drinks with him after his last game. If he stays Joe is Father Son ! One of the dumbest things South ever did and there were plenty.

Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back