No Oppo Supporters 2021 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What sort of delusional world does Jeff Kennett live in... Suggesting Scum will be a force again after going to the draft for the next 2 seasons. They must be on some good s**t down at dump park

What sort of delusional world does Jeff Kennett live in... Suggesting Scum will be a force again after going to the draft for the next 2 seasons. They must be on some good sh*t down at dump park

I actually think they've got some good kids. Jiath, Worpel, Moore, Koschitzke and Hanrahan is a decent base to be starting a rebuild around. When all is said and done their best kids have probably been as good as ours this year.

I do think they took too long to realise their time in the sun was up.

I actually think they've got some good kids. Jiath, Worpel, Moore, Koschitzke and Hanrahan is a decent base to be starting a rebuild around. When all is said and done their best kids have probably been as good as ours this year.

I do think they took too long to realise their time in the sun was up.

I don't even think they are close to bottoming out. They still have some of their 'Premiership' heroes to go. Gunston, Breust, Ceglar, Burgoyne, McEvoy, Shiels

They'll get a lot worse than better over the next 2 or 4 seasons.

Then all of their other 'Guns' will be into their 30s like Mitchell and Wingard.

They are cooked

Last edited:

No, they have not, no

A lot probably don't remember that GWS currently have pick 3 this year, via Collingwood's ladder position. Pretty handy bit of trading from them

A lot probably don't remember that GWS currently have pick 3 this year, via Collingwood's ladder position. Pretty handy bit of trading from them

GWS' ability to retain players has been questioned thoroughly but they're drafting strategy has been pretty excellent. Capitalising on high draft picks by turning them into very good players who, if they choose to leave, can be traded out for more high draft picks. You'd rather they stay for the most part of course, but given their situation of dealing with players leaving, it gives them a good shot at remanining competitive.

GWS' ability to retain players has been questioned thoroughly but they're drafting strategy has been pretty excellent. Capitalising on high draft picks by turning them into very good players who, if they choose to leave, can be traded out for more high draft picks. You'd rather they stay for the most part of course, but given their situation of dealing with players leaving, it gives them a good shot at remanining competitive.

Imo though it’s not sustainable to win premierships. Your always building towards a premiership when going down this path. It’ll allow a club to maintain a competitive side but never allow a side to reach its full potential because players are leaving before they hit their peak.

Imagine if we lost McDonald back to wa in a few years & then say McCartin to Victoria. It puts a massive dent In the sides development & then yes you might end up with high draft picks but your basically back to restructuring the side constantly.

It’s why academies are so important to the future of the NSW clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

points wise they did the perfect trade. Traded out a pick that allows them to improve their points. If they keep that pick they end up losing it regardless. Daicos is going one or two in the draft & I can’t see Collingwood finishing second last or last. Most clubs would do exactly the same thing.

Sydney are probably the best at it. Collingwood issue was salary cap. Without that issue they hold treloar, Phillips & Stephenson and then add Daicos. It looks totally different when you look at it from that perspective.

Not bad SF51. They'll be able to use pick 3 to take & develop Carlton, Collingwood or Essendon's future player with it, following the same path as Adams, Treloar, Hoskin-Elliott, Treloar, Shiel, Smith, Plowman, Williams, Steele(Saints Captain), Caldwell to mention a few.
GWS are just running on the spot & are gradually going backwards because of this. Along with Toby Greene I their best recruit is Mummy who even at 35 is still a barometer for whether they win or lose. They probably should trade out pick 3 this draft period for two later picks & use them to get a ready to go 24 or 25 year old who can help them strike while Greene is going great guns.

This is why you dont trade future picks you never know how your season will unfold.
I'd never trade a future first. 2nds and 3rds maybe but never the future first

What sort of delusional world does Jeff Kennett live in... Suggesting Scum will be a force again after going to the draft for the next 2 seasons. They must be on some good sh*t down at dump park
I laughed at that too. He can turn the club around in two seasons simply by going to the draft. May happen. But selling that to your members as a solution to becoming a premiership force is simply well....

There appears to be some murmurs on the Hawks board that Tom Mitchell may be traded to Sydney at the end of the year.

Hahaha but it is not us, its GWS. Something to do with partner/expartner.

It is just at the 'rumour' level at this point.

2 first rond picks, Hopper and a 1st etc....

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

There appears to be some murmurs on the Hawks board that Tom Mitchell may be traded to Sydney at the end of the year.

Hahaha but it is not us, its GWS. Something to do with partner/expartner.

It is just at the 'rumour' level at this point.

2 first rond picks, Hopper and a 1st etc....

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Ha.
He is a myth.
GWS wouldn't bother IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back