No Oppo Supporters 2021 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a thing for 2021? I have not heard anything about this.

I got an email the other day: To get you back in the stands safely we’re introducing digital only access in 2021 via the Sydney Swans app. This means that no matter what this season brings we will be able to deliver your membership access right into the palm of your hands. Mobile membership cards allow us to quickly adapt in the ever-changing COVID-19 landscape while providing safe access to all our venues. Detailed instructions on how to access your mobile membership card will be available in the coming weeks.

Are you sure the problem isn't related to your phone? App works fine for me on both my Samsung tablet and Google phone.
It's more than likely my own security measures to stop data mining other stuff, which by the way should still allow it to work, but some apps have a complete meltdown when you tell them 'No'. I'll be fine Jewels, just annoying me at the moment.

Digital Membership Card via Swans app.
I'm all for it, but I want to ask if anyone else if having issues with the Swans app? Every since they completed the major update my ability to access the app has been intermittent at best. And that never happened before. I'm on a Samsung S10, there's no reason I should be having these type of issues.
I tap it to access and a black screen pops up and then it disappears and I'm left looking at my home screen again.
There's your problem ;)

I'm just hoping that we will actually get some games at the SCG this year to be honest. I'm still a bit of a noob when it comes to membership and I think I'm willing to pay up to 5 games at home. Which membership would give me decent views from the stand?
Depends what your preference is... some people like to sit directly behind the goals, other's like to sit close to the fence, others like to sit up high...

My preference is first tier, centre square facing east (no afternoon sun in the eyes...) and if you can afford it, gold or platinum will give you pretty good seating! Check out the SCG AFL seating map and it will tell you what your money will buy...

Depends what your preference is... some people like to sit directly behind the goals, other's like to sit close to the fence, others like to sit up high...

My preference is first tier, centre square facing east (no afternoon sun in the eyes...) and if you can afford it, gold or platinum will give you pretty good seating! Check out the SCG AFL seating map and it will tell you what your money will buy...
I love sitting up in the stands so I can look down the ground and see how the players spread. Undercover because getting wet is for cats & dogs:D

I love sitting up in the stands so I can look down the ground and see how the players spread. Undercover because getting wet is for cats & dogs:D
I prefer down the ground too. Seeing the players spread gets you a better perspective of the space the players are operatin in and then their decisions.

Overall I dont mind sitting up in the Bradman stand.. as long as I can get a good view of the whole action and seeing the structure and spread. I think Red will do me.

A mate at the AFL told me Daniher actually kicked 6 on Harris Andrews the week before last and another 4 last week. Makes you wonder if we made the right decision, but know we have a new Macca that can be anything .
Daniher wouldnt be able to play half back flank though in my opinion.

Lol, these guys talking about what government is better on a AFL discussion board.

Let's focus on something that REALLY matters.

Like Hardwicks relationships.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol, these guys talking about what government is better on a AFL discussion board.

Let's focus on something that REALLY matters.

Like Hardwicks relationships.
Good call . But let's get off the relationships as well . Maybe talk about how Kennett is making a fool of himself at his own club.

Anyways, just realised the community series only has one round of matches. Would have liked to go to the fixture that was in Blacktown but now that one is cancelled.

Just want to see the boys back in action.

Anyways, just realised the community series only has one round of matches. Would have liked to go to the fixture that was in Blacktown but now that one is cancelled.

Just want to see the boys back in action.
Pretty sure Swans and Giants will organise an unofficial inter-club at some point, probably at tramway oval

I am loving the AFLW and can't wait until we have our own side, but this is a pretty compelling argument against adding new teams to the women's comp for the foreseeable future.

I tend to agree. It has been very noticeable to me that the aggregate skill level has been much improved in AFLW this year. After a few years of consistent training and skill attainment has the league in a good place but no need to rush other teams coming in to dilute the product just yet.

Although I guess you could argue that considering the league is young and there will be 18 teams eventually anyway, you may as well just get it going asap and get those initial years of development out of the way.

I tend to agree. It has been very noticeable to me that the aggregate skill level has been much improved in AFLW this year. After a few years of consistent training and skill attainment has the league in a good place but no need to rush other teams coming in to dilute the product just yet.

Although I guess you could argue that considering the league is young and there will be 18 teams eventually anyway, you may as well just get it going asap and get those initial years of development out of the way.

It took the VFA/VFL/AFL 110 years to have fourteen teams in the competition, and the women have tried to do it in 4 years. I guess time will tell. I watched a few of the NAB League Girls matches over the last few weekends, and they were already a noticeable improvement on those I watched in prior years. So maybe their plan to just back the competition's rapid growth will pay off. You would want to see continual improvement though.

It took the VFA/VFL/AFL 110 years to have fourteen teams in the competition, and the women have tried to do it in 4 years. I guess time will tell. I watched a few of the NAB League Girls matches over the last few weekends, and they were already a noticeable improvement on those I watched in prior years. So maybe their plan to just back the competition's rapid growth will pay off. You would want to see continual improvement though.
I just hate the way most hold the footy , i don't know who's coaching them.

I just hate the way most hold the footy , i don't know who's coaching them.

Yeah they kind of hold it awkwardly, like it's a bomb they're scared will go off any minute. Some of the junior girls though look better already than the ones in the AFLW comp

John F Kennedy's assassination, the moon landing, Gough Whitlam's dismissal.
Events that we (of a certain vintage) remember where we were when we heard the news.
Moments that are remembered on their anniversary.
And yet yesterday one the truly great days in AFL history passed virtually without mention.
A day that brought our game to the masses like never before.

John F Kennedy's assassination, the moon landing, Gough Whitlam's dismissal.
Events that we (of a certain vintage) remember where we were when we heard the news.
Moments that are remembered on their anniversary.
And yet yesterday one the truly great days in AFL history passed virtually without mention.
A day that brought our game to the masses like never before.

The great Malcolm Blights 71st Birthday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back