No Oppo Supporters 2021 General AFL Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
John F Kennedy's assassination, the moon landing, Gough Whitlam's dismissal.
Events that we (of a certain vintage) remember where we were when we heard the news.
Moments that are remembered on their anniversary.
And yet yesterday one the truly great days in AFL history passed virtually without mention.
A day that brought our game to the masses like never before.

🤣 if it is what i think it is it sounds zooper cryptic.

SGBeach

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Can the AFL not just hire a couple of temps & get the player profiles updated in the Teams websites. McInerney is apparently still eyeing senior level opportunity for 2020:oops:
and Rowbum McInerney and Blakey still weigh the same that they did in their draft year??
Just because Im a weirdo, i wrote down weights and heights in 2019.. wanted to see how much the kids grew.. None of them have changed since?

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
and Rowbum McInerney and Blakey still weigh the same that they did in their draft year??
Just because Im a weirdo, i wrote down weights and heights in 2019.. wanted to see how much the kids grew.. None of them have changed since?
This has been happening for years Jason Saddington never grew from 14

10 umps are moving to Sydney temporarily to help both sides with the new rules , for once good move by the AFL
Yep, and all the morons on social media were up in arms that the Sydney clubs were being favoured. Apparently finally having the access that Victorian clubs do is favouritism. :rolleyes:

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Congrats to the Lions on re-signing McCLuggage.
I always hate it when a player of high calibre goes to a northern state and immediately the comments of 'see you in a few years' start. Its really disrespectful.
So suck it up buttercups, he's staying for a few more years yet.

Oct 18, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Congrats to the Lions on re-signing McCLuggage.
I always hate it when a player of high calibre goes to a northern state and immediately the comments of 'see you in a few years' start. Its really disrespectful.
So suck it up buttercups, he's staying for a few more years yet.

Carlton supporters thinking Papley was in the bag...

How are we all feeling about the new stand on your mark rule after watching this so called 'officially correct' interpretation?

What a ******* joke

Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
How are we all feeling about the new stand on your mark rule after watching this so called 'officially correct' interpretation?

I don't particularly like the rule, but in that clip it appeared the player on the mark moved before the player in possession played on, so the correct decision for me.

However I recently saw a clip where the player in possession clearly played on and the ump rather than call 'play on' actually penalised the guy on the mark who moved to cover the kicker.*
It's the second instance that I think will cause the most angst.

*I realise the player on the mark isn't supposed to move until the ump calls 'play on', but with this new rule I think it is incumbent to call 'play on' as soon as the player with the ball moves off his line.

The rule will be a farce. How often do we see a player move off their mark by 5 or so metres before play on is called. With this rule, the ball carrier will effectively be allowed to run around the player on the mark uncontested because the umpires are may too slow to call play on. Unless you are in red and white, and then you get called play on for even thinking about taking a step.

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
I don't particularly like the rule, but in that clip it appeared the player on the mark moved before the player in possession played on, so the correct decision for me.

However I recently saw a clip where the player in possession clearly played on and the ump rather than call 'play on' actually penalised the guy on the mark who moved to cover the kicker.*
It's the second instance that I think will cause the most angst.

*I realise the player on the mark isn't supposed to move until the ump calls 'play on', but with this new rule I think it is incumbent to call 'play on' as soon as the player with the ball moves off his line.
I agree with this, the rule could be OKISH, as long as played on is called quickley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back