No Oppo Supporters 2021 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i have a massive playlist i built watching again the last time we were in finals the GWS elimination final 10mins into the last quarter we have 2.6 for a total of 2 goals.

With a forward line of Franklin, Hayward, Ronke, Papley, Reid, Heeney
but our superb forward line (+Wicks, +McDonald, +Gulden) has so much better delivery rather than our long bombing into a pack.

I really can't see the arguments for having a Tasmanian or NT AFL team.

Tasmania for one needs grass roots and elite pathway support way more than they need an AFL team. I think they could have a club but they need to work on the low level stuff before getting a full team.

NT (Darwin) makes no sense to me at all. Tiny population, hard conditions, are players going to want to live there for 5-10 years when we can't even keep them satisfied in the big cities? Will the crowds still regularly be there when it's every fortnight instead of twice a year?

I reckon we are still probably a decade away from having the talent spread to have another 88 quality listed players regardless.
I get the sense it's all an argument of city/state egalitarianism above all else which isn't really convincing.

Tasmania for one needs grass roots and elite pathway support way more than they need an AFL team. I think they could have a club but they need to work on the low level stuff before getting a full team.

NT (Darwin) makes no sense to me at all. Tiny population, hard conditions, are players going to want to live there for 5-10 years when we can't even keep them satisfied in the big cities? Will the crowds still regularly be there when it's every fortnight instead of twice a year?

I reckon we are still probably a decade away from having the talent spread to have another 88 quality listed players regardless.
I get the sense it's all an argument of city/state egalitarianism above all else which isn't really convincing.
Another team from Perth or Adelaide would make more sense than Darwin. As for Tasmania, if the economic model involves the taxpayer propping up a club then it’s not viable.

Another team from Perth or Adelaide would make more sense than Darwin. As for Tasmania, if the economic model involves the taxpayer propping up a club then it’s not viable.

North's model relies on that Tas Govt largesse.

We need no more than 18 teams but a serious rationalisation is required in Melbourne. North and Saints are perennial basket cases. Would love to see North relocated/amalgamated before Aylett dies. (not that I am bitter - hehehe)

North's model relies on that Tas Govt largesse.

We need no more than 18 teams but a serious rationalisation is required in Melbourne. North and Saints are perennial basket cases. Would love to see North relocated/amalgamated before Aylett dies. (not that I am bitter - hehehe)
North, Saints, Bulldogs and ironically Melbourne could all re-locate imo.

North = Tasmania Kangaroos with Tassie Academy
Saints = 3rd WA Club
Bulldogs = Ballarat Bulldogs (8 home games at Federation Ground or whatever it is, 3 at Marvel)
Melbourne = 3rd SA Club

Reckon if they can nullify Dusty the game is done. Dusty is what is dragging a declining Tigers team over the line

Hewett provided a template for Port when Dusty drifts forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree re NT but should start genuine planning for a Tassie team. North.
No room for an extra. Give them the same advantages as GC and GWS.
They would get as good crowds as GWS and GC have. Split games between Hobart and Launceston.
Start academies in both places.
Restart northern and southern leagues.
All very doable.

I know a lot of people like to take potshots at Damien Barrett, but after reading his 'sliding doors' article today I'd just like to say he is a moron.

Adelaide;
IF ...
they were labelled one of the worst teams ever at round 14 last year ...
THEN ...
five wins from the ensuing seven matches has certainly stopped that talk. Big chance to make it six from eight, with North Melbourne, the new club boasting that despised moniker, awaiting at Marvel Stadium.

North Melbourne
IF ...
the Roos can, somehow, block from memory the horrors attached to their losses to Port Adelaide, Gold Coast and Western Bulldogs (that has left them with a percentage of just 37.4) ...
THEN ...
they might just stand a chance against the Crows on Sunday. The only win they've secured in their past 18 matches was against this mob in round nine last year.

So basically Adelaide are a big chance to beat NM, but NM might win.

That's why he gets paid the big bucks (and the fact that he has those compromising photos locked away in a safe).

PS How bad are Norf going 1 win in 18.
Lucky man that Logan McDonald chap.

I know a lot of people like to take potshots at Damien Barrett, but after reading his 'sliding doors' article today I'd just like to say he is a moron.

Adelaide;
IF ...
they were labelled one of the worst teams ever at round 14 last year ...
THEN ...
five wins from the ensuing seven matches has certainly stopped that talk. Big chance to make it six from eight, with North Melbourne, the new club boasting that despised moniker, awaiting at Marvel Stadium.

North Melbourne
IF ...
the Roos can, somehow, block from memory the horrors attached to their losses to Port Adelaide, Gold Coast and Western Bulldogs (that has left them with a percentage of just 37.4) ...
THEN ...
they might just stand a chance against the Crows on Sunday. The only win they've secured in their past 18 matches was against this mob in round nine last year.

So basically Adelaide are a big chance to beat NM, but NM might win.

That's why he gets paid the big bucks (and the fact that he has those compromising photos locked away in a safe).

PS How bad are Norf going 1 win in 18.
Lucky man that Logan McDonald chap.
His effort today was like he got on the suds and whacked his typing finger with a hammer. Almost unintelligible.

Norf posters all over us at the moment. It not our fault they're shitty, but better blame someone else than admit their club has to take responsibility for its own decisions.

Literally celebrating Logan’s first goalless game. What a supporter base they are. He really did dodge a bullet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back