No Oppo Supporters 2021 General AFL Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
AFL media is just embarrassing now. The term 'cult hero' needs to be banned. Just over-used and given to anyone with a sh*t hair do.

This article has declared a kid whose never played a game and was just drafted a "cult hero" and offers no justification or elaboration beyond him being a "mullet-wearing midfielder." This following from the word being thrown constantly by Brayshaw in the commentary box on Lachie Jones' debut a few weeks ago.

Trash.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/603560
I did like the basketball shoot-out vid;

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
AFL media is just embarrassing now. The term 'cult hero' needs to be banned. Just over-used and given to anyone with a sh*t hair do.

This article has declared a kid whose never played a game and was just drafted a "cult hero" and offers no justification or elaboration beyond him being a "mullet-wearing midfielder." This following from the word being thrown constantly by Brayshaw in the commentary box on Lachie Jones' debut a few weeks ago.

Trash.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/603560
Your coming around 88

Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Good to see Fischer McAsey sign a two year contract extension with the Crows, resisting overtures from Victorian clubs.

General consensus seemed to be that he'd be off back to Victoria at the end of the season, but signed back on even though he's not getting a game in the firsts at present.
Mathew Nicks seems to be getting the club heading in the right direction.

DavyRed

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
1964 was the last time a team went without a win. They'll squeeze one out somewhere.

I thought Adelaide wouldn't win one last year then they won 3 in a row.
We might not have gone a whole season without a win but we did go 26 consecutive games without a win in 92/93. And I saw every single home loss during that time and a few of the away losses as well :'(

DavyRed

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
We might not have gone a whole season without a win but we did go 26 consecutive games without a win in 92/93. And I saw every single home loss during that time and a few of the away losses as well :'(
And further to that, a fun fact:

Dale Lewis missed the game that broke that losing streak (Melbourne, Rd 13 1993) so his personal losing streak was 31 games (that he played in) stretching from Rd 9 1992 to Rd 3 1994.

Just watching Casey towel up Norf in the VFL.

I never rated Magak - but he is absolutely poleaxing the hapless Roos.

Norf just copping what they deserve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back