No Oppo Supporters 2021 General AFL Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea where to post this but just noticed SwansProudly has a blue badge as a new mod.

Congratulations, well deserved for a top notch poster. :thumbsu:

Put up a bloody announcement you other useless mods;
GotTheGoodes Kennedy Parker scaryness swansfan51

PS If you have already announced it and I missed it, jolly good work and forget about that whole useless bit.
Hey! We may be useless, and we may be mods, but... what was the 3rd thing you said?

Hi all. Apologies if this is not the right place to ask, please feel free to move if so.

Does anyone know what the deal is with tickets to the Sydney v Carlton game at the SCG in a few weeks?

Had planned to drive up and go to the game with family who live there. Family messaged me tonight that tickets go on sale tomorrow, which I found bizarre given I am an AFL member and tickets to this week's game vs the Dogs aren't even on sale yet.

Didn't sound right to me, but turns out Gen Admin does indeed go on sale tomorrow.

Is it worth buying then or will there be AFL member tickets going on sale in a few weeks as per normal?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all. Apologies if this is not the right place to ask, please feel free to move if so.

Does anyone know what the deal is with tickets to the Sydney v Carlton game at the SCG in a few weeks?

Had planned to drive up and go to the game with family who live there. Family messaged me tonight that tickets go on sale tomorrow, which I found bizarre given I am an AFL member and tickets to this week's game vs the Dogs aren't even on sale yet.

Didn't sound right to me, but turns out Gen Admin does indeed go on sale tomorrow.

Is it worth buying then or will there be AFL member tickets going on sale in a few weeks as per normal?

Thanks in advance.
I got 2 different e-mails from the club yesterday (Vic based member)

1 was telling me the tickets to the G go on sale Tuesday
1 was telling me the next 2 SCG games go on sale Tuesday

So I think all tickets go on sale tomorrow but at different times (AFL members earlier in the day, general admin later)

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance

Thanks in advance.

This is all I was able to find J. Swans office are always good for a hit up and might be able to assist.
SCG - ON-SALE DATES
  • Swans Member Redemption Presale
    Tue 4 May, Noon (AEST)
    Rounds 9 & 11
  • Swans General Public On-Sale
    Tue 4 May, 2pm (AEST)
    Rounds 9 & 11

I got 2 different e-mails from the club yesterday (Vic based member)

1 was telling me the tickets to the G go on sale Tuesday
1 was telling me the next 2 SCG games go on sale Tuesday

So I think all tickets go on sale tomorrow but at different times (AFL members earlier in the day, general admin later)

All year I have been under the impression that tickets for the weekend go on sale on the Tuesday morning prior. At least that is what it has been for AFL members.

What a mess.

This is all I was able to find J. Swans office are always good for a hit up and might be able to assist.
SCG - ON-SALE DATES
  • Swans Member Redemption Presale
    Tue 4 May, Noon (AEST)
    Rounds 9 & 11
  • Swans General Public On-Sale
    Tue 4 May, 2pm (AEST)
    Rounds 9 & 11

Thank you mate, I saw that too - hence the confusion.

Haven't even got my tickets to the Bulldogs game this weekend and have to worry about the game in 3 weeks now as well. The system this year is a joke!

I will call in the morning - Swans 3rd on my list behind Carlton and the AFL.

GoTheSwannies

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
It always amazes me how the football community underrates the swans. Been doing it since I started following footy in the 90s.

Listen to the media and visit the mainboard and the broad consensus is that the top 8 is largely in place with one exception - no prizes for guessing who.

They may be right. We're young and could fall over. But take a look at the draw.

We have Melbourne at the G (a game I think we can win) but it's followed by

Pies
Freo
Carlton
St Kilda
Hawthorn

On current form you'd have to think we'd win four of those, which'd take us to 9 and 4.

Pretty hard to miss finals from 9 and 4.

While I agree with you, i thought the GWS and GC games were almost certainties and we managed to drop both.

Nuggetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
When do schedules get released? Planning to go to the Essendon v Swans match at Marvel but unsure if they'll play on sat or sun

AFL umpires coach Hayden Kennedy has resigned, effective immediately.
It’s unclear exactly what has prompted Kennedy, one of the most experienced and highly regarded officiators the game has seen, to suddenly resign only weeks into the season.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Don't mind this, a player calling a journo out;

For the record Adams is one of Collingwood's (3) vice-captains.

Oh wow. And yeah, I don't mind them calling out stuff when its warranted. Sometimes feel the AFL journos get away with too much garbage.

It’s unclear exactly what has prompted Kennedy, one of the most experienced and highly regarded officiators the game has seen, to suddenly resign only weeks into the season.

Knowing the AFL fixed a Grand Final 2016 finally getting the better of him?

Probably sick of all the keyboard warriors accusing the umpires of corruption every time their team loses

Kapers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Probably needs less grey area in the game.

Got no clue how the could do that though.

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Later on this year - Cats will play Bombers at home in Geelong for the first time since 1993.

28 years since Bombers have played in Geelong. What a joke.
Geelong don't get to use their home ground advantage much. Hawks used to have a similar deal. They played their first game in living memory at Alphabet stadium last year and were hammered by 10 goals. Buddy started playing in 2005 but only played his first game at Geelong wearing a Swans jumper in 2016. Throughout Buddy's career the Hawks had always played Geelong in Melbourne, with the exception of one game in Tassie. Even then they mostly lost. Thanks to the Kennett curse Hawthorn lost 10 in a row to Geelong following the 2008 GF. Poor Buddy came to the Swans with a personal 4-11 win-loss record against Geelong, having only won one of his last 11 games against them. But we showed him how it's done. We're probably the only team that enjoys going to Geelong, let alone beating them on their home ground. I guess our boys look forward to a surf at Bells afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back