No Oppo Supporters 2021 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have been a great footy club compared to say North or St Scum
Now there is a back handed compliment if I ever saw one

In the old days I did not mind the Dons. The Daniher-Fields debacle was the first real change in my viewpoint.

I had always detested Sheedy even in his VFA days before the Tigers picked him up. As a player he had plenty of ability but he was an absolute cheap shot cheating mongrel.

He is lauded by some as a great coach but really when you look at the generations of talent on their list, 4 Premierships over such a long time in charge was a meagre return. I really came to loathe the Dons during the 80s.

The absolute cardinal Sheedy crime was losing the 1990 GF. For the first time I had to pay out bottles of whisky to Collingwood mates I had been winning bets off for decades.

The systemic doping saga was the final straw. They should have had their license removed. Even if they had won a court action over this, The other 17 Clubs should simply have refused to play them.

The manner in which my Club was exiled, the hideous treatment of Fitzroy and the fact Essendon still exists are the three indelible stains on the VFL/AFL.

Apologies for the long post.

In the old days I did not mind the Dons. The Daniher-Fields debacle was the first real change in my viewpoint.

I had always detested Sheedy even in his VFA days before the Tigers picked him up. As a player he had plenty of ability but he was an absolute cheap shot cheating mongrel.

He is lauded by some as a great coach but really when you look at the generations of talent on their list, 4 Premierships over such a long time in charge was a meagre return. I really came to loathe the Dons during the 80s.

The absolute cardinal Sheedy crime was losing the 1990 GF. For the first time I had to pay out bottles of whisky to Collingwood mates I had been winning bets off for decades.

The systemic doping saga was the final straw. They should have had their license removed. Even if they had won a court action over this, The other 17 Clubs should simply have refused to play them.

The manner in which my Club was exiled, the hideous treatment of Fitzroy and the fact Essendon still exists are the three indelible stains on the VFL/AFL.

Apologies for the long post.

i always liked essendon, and supported them in those grand finals against hawthorn, and loved that essendon team ... and then in the 90s hird was a favourite non-sydney player ...
but what he did, what he came to stand for as the coach of that club, the sheer nerve of his ongoing denial, destroyed any lingering fondness i had for the club and certainly all respect i had for him ... that he was paid to take a break (not sure of the exact details but he went to study in france, from memory), how mark thompson was left in the wind (for all his faults, the biggest being that he coached geelong!) and how hird was then courted to run for the liberal party (how any political organisation at that time could've excused hird to the point they thought he would make a good public representative was beyond me ... until i look over some of the abysmal pigs we have in our parliaments now!) ...
(takes a deep breath) ... and that based on my big footy experiences, essendon fans are largely the most delusional about their own team ...
grrrrr!

Lol, GF rematch should be first match of the year.

Tigers v Blues is a nothing game now, just about how much will Richmond win this time.

GF rematch is such a joke of a concept.
First round of the match, should be team A vs team B.

This isn't WWE.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With all good intentions , what are you on today ?

I have a document that I need to write, it's so mind numbingly boring that I'm using bigfooty to procrastinate.

I have a document that I need to write, it's so mind numbingly boring that I'm using bigfooty to procrastinate.
Last time I did that RW thread banned me until after the submission time hahah

GF rematch is such a joke of a concept.
First round of the match, should be team A vs team B.

This isn't WWE.
I'm not a fan of WWE, but it brings the hype lol. Probably worth taking WWE's model as much as possible in competitive sport.

I'm not a fan of WWE, but it brings the hype lol. Probably worth taking WWE's model as much as possible in competitive sport.
lol

So what, Gil is Vince McMahon and he regularly opens games strolling around the oval taunting the crowd? Warwick Capper would be a perfect Natureboy Ric Flair, and then we have, what, Wayne Carey as HHH marrying one of Gil's daughters?

Now you mention it...

Lol, GF rematch should be first match of the year.

Tigers v Blues is a nothing game now, just about how much will Richmond win this time.

Richmond and Carlton pull the crowd as boring as the game usually is. Should be close this year though as the Tigers are rebuilding.

lol

So what, Gil is Vince McMahon and he regularly opens games strolling around the oval taunting the crowd? Warwick Capper would be a perfect Natureboy Ric Flair, and then we have, what, Wayne Carey as HHH marrying one of Gil's daughters?

Now you mention it...
Honestly would be a much better half time show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back