No Oppo Supporters 2021 General AFL Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched thev2005 prelim with a few mates, have we played a better 10 mins that the stretch of goals in the 4th….a good reminder on how good O Keefe was as well

Refusing to watch ANY games from 2021 due to Hewett and Dawson influence.

Hewett is fantastic to watch regardless of circumstances. Such a good footballer who plays it how it should be played.

ShireSwan

Club Legend
Suspended
Sep 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
1638673314999.png

Bandicoot

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
Ballarat
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
I'm a little saddened that Gerard Healy is leaving On the Couch - after 20 years! 👏👏👏

Wish it was big mouth Brown who was stepping down.

ShireSwan

Club Legend
Suspended
Sep 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Just watched thev2005 prelim with a few mates, have we played a better 10 mins that the stretch of goals in the 4th….a good reminder on how good O Keefe was as well
The greatest premiership in the history of the game. They had no right beating Geelong in the last quarter. Saints had a very strong team and were rested.
The WC midfield of Cox, Cousins, Kerr and Judd the best ever IMO.
Still amazed at our 2005 team.

ShireSwan

Club Legend
Suspended
Sep 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
Speaking of 2005, had to revisit this.
"OH NO ! It's grand larceny! ON NO! It's highway robbery! It's Ronnie Biggs. It's Ned Kelly. It's the greatest thieving effort you will ever see!"

Still brings a tear to my eye. The only ending to a sporting fixture worldwide that tops Watford Vs Leicester 2013 for drama and a joyous ending IMO.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
What is
Speaking of 2005, had to revisit this.
"OH NO ! It's grand larceny! ON NO! It's highway robbery! It's Ronnie Biggs. It's Ned Kelly. It's the greatest thieving effort you will ever see!"

Still brings a tear to my eye. The only ending to a sporting fixture worldwide that tops Watford Vs Leicester 2013 for drama and a joyous ending IMO.

Sorry Soccer doesn't beat this !

ShireSwan

Club Legend
Suspended
Sep 4, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
What is

Sorry Soccer doesn't beat this !
Agreed. Which is why I had it topping Watford v Leicester as the best of all-time. Though that Watford clip is def worth watching if you've not seen it. Rarely does a cheating soccer player so quickly and comprehensively get his come-uppance. And who doesn't like a good old fashioned pitch invasion? It's the only thing missing from that Swans match tbh. Should have been on after that Nick Davis goal.

Will Bud get one if he kicks 1000 at home?

the hypnotoad

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
The greatest premiership in the history of the game. They had no right beating Geelong in the last quarter. Saints had a very strong team and were rested.
The WC midfield of Cox, Cousins, Kerr and Judd the best ever IMO.
Still amazed at our 2005 team.

yes, and we were absolutely robbed in that first semi-final in perth ... just to come back from the west and climb off the floor after a terrible first three quarters against a very good geelong side (god, i hate saying that!) was a great achievement ... and then those next two weeks, written off all the way ... and still we cop more criticism than credit for that grand final win ...

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
yes, and we were absolutely robbed in that first semi-final in perth ... just to come back from the west and climb off the floor after a terrible first three quarters against a very good geelong side (god, i hate saying that!) was a great achievement ... and then those next two weeks, written off all the way ... and still we more criticism than credit for that grand final win ...
Very true about getting robbed

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Horrible new for the bloke

West Coast defender Brad Sheppard has announced his immediate retirement, as he continues to deal with concussion symptoms.
He is the second Eagle this year to call time on his AFL career because of concussion, with Daniel Venables detailing how the brain injury has impacted on his everyday life.

Sheppard made his decision after receiving medical advice and with his long-term health in mind.

Bandicoot

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
Ballarat
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
yes, and we were absolutely robbed in that first semi-final in perth ... just to come back from the west and climb off the floor after a terrible first three quarters against a very good geelong side (god, i hate saying that!) was a great achievement ... and then those next two weeks, written off all the way ... and still we cop more criticism than credit for that grand final win ...
I still can't figure out why the ground looked like we'd had 2 inches of rain the day before yet we'd had none. The wet conditions certainly did not suit us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back