No Oppo Supporters 2021 General AFL Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolftone

Cancelled
Feb 1, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Visited Luang Prabang and district about 10 years ago. Absolutely wonderful, delightful people, but you could see the future. Around the same period we visited Siem Reap twice in 6 years (2005, 2011) and were staggered by the change.
Hope your relocation works out well. Viet is lovely too.
I was kidnapped in Aranyaphratath. The Tuk Tuk took me, and another guy, to an agent. He showed us a very large gun, 44 Magnum, and told us a taxi was 2,000 Baht each to Siem Reap.

I then experienced the slums for about 70 kilometres coming into Pnom Phen on the bus. I am not really wanting to visit Cambodia again. Especially as Hun Sen is basically Pol Pot 2, he was his Number 3 after all. He hates journalists and writers.

LP is still very beautiful, except for plastic waste. Other than that it is still pristine. The town is beautiful. Unfortunately last year I visited Vang Vieng. The town was decrepit and dirty. Buildings were literally falling down in front of me. The vista outside is spectacular but the town, ugh. They need to do a lot of work on the town. They need to get rid of the corrupt bastard in charge and put him in gaol.

I am sad the Asian league has not had a chance to play the last 2 years. I hope we gat some games in 2022.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

GoTheSwannies

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
yes, and we were absolutely robbed in that first semi-final in perth ... just to come back from the west and climb off the floor after a terrible first three quarters against a very good geelong side (god, i hate saying that!) was a great achievement ... and then those next two weeks, written off all the way ... and still we cop more criticism than credit for that grand final win ...

Do you have a clip I can watch. I know nothing of it but sounds intriguing

the hypnotoad

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney

no ... not sure if you could find one ... there were several 'moments', but from memory the main one involved leo barry copping a dreadful call against him somewhere in our defensive 50 ... we lost by four and it would've been something fans would've howled about for years had we not done what we did over the next three weeks ...
i could be a bit off on the memory but i think that was the gist of it
i'm sure others on here will have clearer memories

no ... not sure if you could find one ... there were several 'moments', but from memory the main one involved leo barry copping a dreadful call against him somewhere in our defensive 50 ... we lost by four and it would've been something fans would've howled about for years had we not done what we did over the next three weeks ...
i could be a bit off on the memory but i think that was the gist of it
i'm sure others on here will have clearer memories
Yep that's exactly the gist of it! My memory is hazy on the opponent also but it was definitely Leapin' involved and it was disgraceful!
I remember I couldn't sleep that night I was so enraged at the umpire (I'm thinking maybe it was McLaren???) and my husband told me to settle at about 2am and I couldn't because in my mind, that ump had just cost us the premiership!
Made the beauty of the next three weeks even sweeter.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Yep that's exactly the gist of it! My memory is hazy on the opponent also but it was definitely Leapin' involved and it was disgraceful!
I remember I couldn't sleep that night I was so enraged at the umpire (I'm thinking maybe it was McLaren???) and my husband told me to settle at about 2am and I couldn't because in my mind, that ump had just cost us the premiership!
Made the beauty of the next three weeks even sweeter.
McLaren the rat . I went in to a Chemist in Camberwell about 3 years ago and he served me and i'm looking at him thinking WTF and he had posters up of himself . I said you did the 05 GF and he said yes and all i said was thanks but you didnt help . Had the personality of Scott Jeffrey's whistle

kelpie_X

Club Legend
Jul 26, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
I have the "Sydney Swans, 2005 Victory Pack, Collector's Edition" 5 DVD box that I bought at JB hifi I think when we won. It has all the games plus a season recap. And I think you can watch the games and listen to radio commentary instead of the TV commentary if you so choose.

Look it up online and see if you can nab a copy.

the hypnotoad

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2021
AFL Club
Sydney
I have the "Sydney Swans, 2005 Victory Pack, Collector's Edition" 5 DVD box that I bought at JB hifi I think when we won. It has all the games plus a season recap. And I think you can watch the games and listen to radio commentary instead of the TV commentary if you so choose.

Look it up online and see if you can nab a copy.

pretty crap quality, but one of the key decisions is at 9.43 (approx)

pretty crap quality, but one of the key decisions is at 9.43 (approx)

All of those West Coast games were great. Two teams so even yet so different on paper. You could not get a much better set of finals to ultimately win the first in most of our lifetimes.

ahhh memories

Bandicoot

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 2, 2016
Ballarat
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne Renegades
McLaren the rat . I went in to a Chemist in Camberwell about 3 years ago and he served me and i'm looking at him thinking WTF and he had posters up of himself . I said you did the 05 GF and he said yes and all i said was thanks but you didnt help . Had the personality of Scott Jeffrey's whistle
It wasn't McClaren who made the decision. It was McInerney.

I don't care he still hated us

Agree. In the old South days that campaigner Beitzell was appalling and would slaughter us. However no umpire should be more despised than McLaren.

When he was still playing Hird copped a $20K fine for rightly ripping McLaren a new one. I sent $100 courtesy of Essendon.

Agree. In the old South days that campaigner Beitzell was appalling and would slaughter us. However no umpire should be more despised than McLaren.

When he was still playing Hird copped a $20K fine for rightly ripping McLaren a new one. I sent $100 courtesy of Essendon.
It was a thing with the Mac's / Mc's. McInerney, McLaren and McBurney all dogged us. I highly suspect that Panell and Stevic have the middle name Mackenzie.

It was a thing with the Mac's / Mc's. McInerney, McLaren and McBurney all dogged us. I highly suspect that Panell and Stevic have the middle name Mackenzie.

Hard to believe so many have forgotten this maggot

1639450635851.png

Hated the prick with a passion

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
All the ones you didn't really notice.

Always knew we were gonna get reamed when I saw Goldspink named for our games.
The best umps are absolutely the ones you don't notice or you see the replay and go "oh! He got that right after all".
I sit close to the boundary at the SCG and more than once have seen an ump smirk when giving a free against us. More about the crowd than the players I think. The smarter ones keep a straight face.
I used to think Matt Nicholls was crook but closer obs I reckon he's not too bad. Seems to give us our share.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back