Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingy

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I like it.

This game is about doing better than all the other campaigners.

When a rolled-gold rookie turns up everyone celebrates - but everyone gets them, it's not actually going to improve your chances of success at all.

This is going to fluck people right up and I am here for it because I plan not to be one of them

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Worried about rookies getting dropped?

Just get mid-pricers :)

Simples.

Monkey gorilla (1).gif

I like it.

This game is about doing better than all the other campaigners.

When a rolled-gold rookie turns up everyone celebrates - but everyone gets them, it's not actually going to improve your chances of success at all.

This is going to fluck people right up and I am here for it because I plan not to be one of them
Yeah, until the rookie that you pick that all the other coaches don't pick gets an article on afl.com.au saying that he's in line for a round 1 debut so you lock him in your side but then the team comes out and he's not even an emergency.

Ingy

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah, until the rookie that you pick that all the other coaches don't pick gets an article on afl.com.au saying that he's in line for a round 1 debut so you lock him in your side but then the team comes out and he's not even an emergency.

Could happen, but the chances that I'll be relying on said rookie to play on the field for me will be real flucken low

Ingy

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Come on man, there's no place for team loyalty in SC. I just have this feeling that Ads is going to pig it up at the Doggies this year, average 32.5 possies and 115 SC. I'm tempted to start him over Macrae and save 63k. Could be a super POD. :think:

One of the reasons that the Pies moved him on is the very real risk that he doesn't cope well with having his missus and youngun in Queensland while he is in Melbourne, and his football suffers. I know he doesn't think it's going to be a worry, but he hasn't lived it yet.

This makes him a dodgy prospect in my view. That, and the fact that he has a slight tendency to slaughter the football

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
One of the reasons that the Pies moved him on is the very real risk that he doesn't cope well with having his missus and youngun in Queensland while he is in Melbourne, and his football suffers. I know he doesn't think it's going to be a worry, but he hasn't lived it yet.

This makes him a dodgy prospect in my view. That, and the fact that he has a slight tendency to slaughter the football

Yeah, that's pure garbage that was fed to the faithful. I'm surprised that anyone following the club fell for that gas lighting s**t.

Last edited:

Ingy

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah, that's pure garbage that was fed to the faithful. I'm surprised that anyone following the club fell for that gas lighting sh*t.

I respectfully disagree with your point of view.

It was 'fed' very early in the piece, before any kind of deal was done.

Considering the shambolic way the whole thing was handled, there's no way they strategically put this idea out to placate the faithful well ahead of the rest of the crap.

And I don't know what you think gaslighting means, but suffice to say that my definition must differ from yours

Yeah, that's pure garbage that was fed to the faithful. I'm surprised that anyone following the club fell for that gas lighting sh*t.

Yeah you're right. I hated that line.
There would be a small element of truth about that, but it wasn't anywhere near the main reason at all.
Not sure why they would even say that, as it's not really PC in this clown world.

Pure salary cap pressure was number one reason, everything else pales to that.

Having said that, Treloar is a guy who thrives on emotional support. Being a first time Dad, and with a history of mental illness, being away from them may take some toll. I think he'll be fine though, and I wish him the best.

What is concerning is his calf. Had hamstring and calf issues last year, and history seems to be repeating.
Will be surprised if he plays 15 games this year.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne

Considering the shambolic way the whole thing was handled, there's no way they strategically put this idea out to placate the faithful well ahead of the rest of the crap.

And I don't know what you think gaslighting means, but suffice to say that my definition must differ from yours

I'm pretty sure I know what gas lighting means. In this instance the club was obviously gas lighting Treloar.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
They were trying to convince him that he was crazy?

Pretty much.

"Gaslighting is a form of emotional abuse or psychological manipulation involving distorting the truth in order to confuse or instill doubt in another person to the point they question their sanity or reality."

Ingy

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pretty much.

"Gaslighting is a form of emotional abuse or psychological manipulation involving distorting the truth in order to confuse or instill doubt in another person to the point they question their sanity or reality."

Yep, that's what it means alright.

Why on earth a football club would do it to a player on their list, even one they wanted to trade away, is completely beyond me.

Did they plant tiny speakers in his locker so he heard voices, do you reckon?

Did they all tell him stuff and then all deny that any of them had said any such thing?

No wonder Eddie had to resign

Yep, that's what it means alright.

Why on earth a football club would do it to a player on their list, even one they wanted to trade away, is completely beyond me.

Did they plant tiny speakers in his locker so he heard voices, do you reckon?

Did they all tell him stuff and then all deny that any of them had said any such thing?

No wonder Eddie had to resign

salary cap

broom

rug

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Didn’t you try and trade him to GC the year before as well though behind his back? Had nothing to do with him being apart from his wife then.

Ingy

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
salary cap

broom

rug

So which part is a fabrication?

Is his missus not playing netball in Brisbane this year?

Did she not give birth to his child last year?

Would it not be hard for any bloke to have his missus and infant so far away? It would certainly affect me.

Does he not have a history of fragile mental health?

Which part is fictitious?

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Would it not be hard for any bloke to have his missus and infant so far away? It would certainly affect me.

You’re not honestly suggesting it’s ok for a club to force someone out of their club when they don’t want to go, and have said they have no concerns about their own mental state, just because their personal situation has changed?
On top of that also lie about the leadership group wanting him out to a guy with anxiety?

heard of the term whataboutism?

Ingy

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
You’re not honestly suggesting it’s ok for a club to force someone out of their club when they don’t want to go, and have said they have no concerns about their own mental state, just because their personal situation has changed?
On top of that also lie about the leadership group wanting him out to a guy with anxiety?

I didn't say any of it was okay.

I'm just saying it wasn't all made up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back