Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Not even the prospect of SC prizemoney could make me care about AFLW
Disappointing .....look at the standard of Mens footy after 6 years in 1865 & I'm sure the standard is 10 fold better

In 10 years time AFLW will be unrecognisable .....the skills are developing so quickly, kicking and game knowledge

Remember it's still a part time sport being compared to a highly developed full time mens comp

Ingy

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thoughts ?

Why are women excluded from fantasy sport?
Take "fantasy sport" for example. For those who don't know, it's effectively an online game where you are given a salary cap or budget to assemble a virtual team of real players in your chosen sport. Each week those players are assigned scores according to their real-life performances, and, like tipping competitions, you compete against friends or colleagues in leagues.

Fantasy sport is fun, but it's also big business.

By 2027, Allied Market Research estimates it will be worth $48.6 billion worldwide. And while it's still in its relative infancy in Australia, 60 million people were playing in North America in 2017.

It's well established that fantasy sport grows fans' interest in particular sports or leagues, increasing the number of games they watch as well as their knowledge of teams, players and tactics. In other words, it's a perfect marketing tool.

The problem is, there are no official fantasy leagues for women's sport.

How many women play Supercoach? As a percentage?

I have said this to feminists for a long time - if you want women's sport to be given more prominence in the media etc, then more women need to consume sport as an entertainment product. It's as simple as that.

P.s. I have coached girl's and women's football for a long time, I met the mother of my four kids through coaching women's football, I believe in female sport participation but expecting equality when it comes to the spectacle of professional level football is a joke

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Disappointing .....look at the standard of Mens footy after 6 years in 1865 & I'm sure the standard is 10 fold better

In 10 years time AFLW will be unrecognisable .....the skills are developing so quickly, kicking and game knowledge

Remember it's still a part time sport being compared to a highly developed full time mens comp

How can you be sure the standard is 10x better, do you have video footage to back up those claims?

People try too hard to compare women's and men's footy. You just can't, it's a different game, different business to the AFL. In ten to fifteen years the AFLW will be looked up to as the premier professional women's league in the world. The girls coming through the system are already so much better than the current aflw crop, as evidenced with most of the best players being under 23.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
That was the highest standard at the time though. The AFLW are under 16 boys standard 100 fold lesser than their adult male counterparts. I'd sooner watch curling for 2 hours.

beaver curling.gif

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Hey, that’s a bit harsh mods - how come I can’t start a SuperCoach Poetry thread?

Only room for SuperCoach geeks here is it?

No room for us SuperCoach artists?

Poor form.

How is one supposed to find all the SuperCoach poetry if you’ve buried it in the middle of some general SuperCoach junk thread. Philistines.
Have a read of Thread Structures here .....not trying to be difficult, but we try and keep threads tight and on-topic ....general talk and artististic expression is in this thread

Ingy

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Have a read of Thread Structures here .....not trying to be difficult, but we try and keep threads tight and on-topic ....general talk and artististic expression is in this thread

I agree with Cactus. Let there be a poetry thread dammit. I was penning a few odes myself

archibald23

The original WaterPig
Apr 1, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thanks to all that respond in this thread. Do we get access to 3 trades each week over the bye rounds or limited to the same 2?

Thanks to all that respond in this thread. Do we get access to 3 trades each week over the bye rounds or limited to the same 2?

bye rounds have always been 3 trades, nothing has changed there

St Steady

All Australian
Feb 5, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
wookie question

am right I get the best score from either of my 2 emergencies in this case with harmes out yes?

still learning SC, so my thinking here is to save a trade and do this rather than trade harmes out for a zilliams type price (id have 460k to use if i did that) and wait for increases in the wookies . i have all of the "right" ones so far except warner in other spots.

doing it this way i could maybe complete my backs with a ridley/stewart sort of player with the extra moolah waiting

and extending this further i could make harmes captain if mills smashes it as VC (i have gawn as C)?

defenders.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back