Discussion 2021 Help / General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Has anyone worked out how to get rid of that stupid "winner Winner - Chicken Dinner" pop up on every single page? Been on-going for a couple of weeks now.
Do you have a paywall bypass add-on for your browser? Disabling that fixed it for me

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Jan 2, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Cheers for the tips everyone. I reckon I’ll spend this season tinkering with my team and lurking here and hopefully will be able to contribute to discussion next season 👍🏼

You don't need to be good at this game to post on here... i do it every week!

Has anyone worked out how to get rid of that stupid "winner Winner - Chicken Dinner" pop up on every single page? Been on-going for a couple of weeks now.

I got the Colonel reminding me 'You lost 7 of your 9 leagues this week'

* you Colonel. Your chicken is shithouse.

I got the Colonel reminding me 'You lost 7 of your 9 leagues this week'

fu** you Colonel. Your chicken is shithouse.
Be careful, that's a port sponsor you're talking about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Were hitting the new age now fellas.

2021 and Fan Footy are finally on a decent server.
Just had a look, it doesn't say that I'm gonna get a virus now. Pretty cool 😎

Feb 18, 2017
Wurundjeri Land
AFL Club
Richmond
I’m not really a big one for stats but I wonder if CD are being a bit more strict on what they are classing as a clanger this year.

There has been a couple of time over this last couple of rounds I’ve seen long kicks to contests that following the scoring seemed to be adjudged clangers and turn overs.

Saw Titchell got 35 odd touches and was struggling to get to 100 today.

Apr 5, 2014
Peramangk country Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
My SuperCoach team
Anyone else also into the other 2 fantasy footy formats? Love weeks when you slay the rankings in all 3 formats!

SC 1332 > 650
AF 2168 > 285
DT 560 > 189

I find it hard enough to juggle one team let alone three...

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Supercoach GRIM REAPER!!!!!
Anyone else also into the other 2 fantasy footy formats? Love weeks when you slay the rankings in all 3 formats!

SC 1332 > 650
AF 2168 > 285
DT 560 > 189

I'd need a keg of beer attached to me just to keep me sane in order to play all 3 formats.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Quite the dilemma .....players insist on playing the game, irrespective of the AFL seeking to protect them .....but 2o years later, insist on suing the AFL for mismanagement of injuries

Sorry if I get confused on this ....

1618397344768.png

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Quite the dilemma .....players insist on playing the game, irrespective of the AFL seeking to protect them .....but 2o years later, insist on suing the AFL for mismanagement of injuries

View attachment 1102707
They even used a picture of a player who retired due to head clashes and is wearing a helmet. *en click baity or what...

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne

View attachment 1102707

I'd be pretty disappointed if someone like Angus Brayshaw sued the Dees or AFL 20 years later. He would have been told by a number of medical experts of the serious risk he's taking by continuing to play after so many concussions early in his career. At what point does personal responsibility fall back onto the player?

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
I'd be pretty disappointed if someone like Angus Brayshaw sued the Dees or AFL 20 years later. He would have been told by a number of medical experts of the serious risk he's taking by continuing to play after so many concussions early in his career. At what point does personal responsibility fall back onto the player?
Currently the responsibility rests entirely with the AFL ....irrespective of the players actions ....and dare I say the actions over the years of Club Doctors, who have knowingly sent players back onto the field ...knowing full well they were concussed

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Currently the responsibility rests entirely with the AFL ....irrespective of the players actions ....and dare I say the actions over the years of Club Doctors, who have knowingly sent players back onto the field ...knowing full well they were concussed

I understand that. The medical field has come a long way as far as understanding the long term affects of concussions since those days. I'm specifically referring to the last 5 years or so when there has been a better understanding of the risk involved from the AFL, Clubs, doctors and players alike. Hence Patty McCartin & Kade Kolo and a few others retiring at a young ages because the risk of permanent braindamage is too great for them to continue playing. Players are better educated these days on the risks they take whenever they step onto the field is all I'm saying.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
I understand that. The medical field has come a long way as far as understanding the long term affects of concussions since those days. I'm specifically referring to the last 5 years or so when there has been a better understanding of the risk involved from the AFL, Clubs, doctors and players alike. Hence Patty McCartin & Kade Kolo and a few others retiring at a young ages because the risk of permanent braindamage is too great for them to continue playing. Players are better educated these days on the risks they take whenever they step onto the field is all I'm saying.
Understanding this ....it appears the AFL is still culpable, irrespective of the lack of knowledge in the past .....hence the Class Action being mounted by past players, many who haven't played for over 20 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back