Marcella.
Bodyguard.
Broadchurch.
State of play.
The shadow line.
Luther.
River.
What remains.

Some of these are easy to watch on Stan or Netflix.

Tally hooo.

Nice list.

Watching Bloodland at the moment which is pretty good too.

That table was for the first 4 rounds of 2021. I haven't seen one for all of 2020
Aahhh right, all good

If anybody has kickout stats for all of 2020, please share!
I know there's CBA stats from last year, but I can't find the kickouts

Aahhh right, all good

If anybody has kickout stats for all of 2020, please share!
I know there's CBA stats from last year, but I can't find the kickouts
Steve, pretty sure they were posted ....maybe search the 2021 planning thread

Im struggling to find anything to get my answers so hoping some of you experts can help. Tried the gameday thread but folks are understandably wrapped up in their own scores to answer.

Its about rucks and what defines a tap to advantage.

If a tap bounces twice but still ends up in a team mates hands and he takes off, is it still a tap to adv?

If a tap goes straight to a team mate but he is tackled instantly, is that a tap to adv?

What are the scores for a tap to adv? I seem to remember its neg points for a tap that is sharked, is that right?

Cheers!
Its quite simple.
Just say big Max closes his eyes and gets his hand to it. If it goes to the advantage of his teammates he gets 8 points.
If however the opposition takes possession he only gets 8 points.

Disagree about The Last Jedi being good and the prequel hate (the prequels run rings over the sequel trilogy in terms of overall story and world building) but the supercoach player comparisons were funny though. 👍

I agree with you on the world building, but all the world building in the... world... can't save awful movies.

The prequels have the basis of good ideas but are executed horrifically. Again, not unlike the average supercoach team really.

Love a good Star Wars discussion anyways

I agree with you on the world building, but all the world building in the... world... can't save awful movies.

The prequels have the basis of good ideas but are executed horrifically. Again, not unlike the average supercoach team really.

Sure the prequels have their faults and aren't perfect but Lucas crafted a story that made sense throughout the 3 films. I loved the story on how such a sweet innocent kid could grow up to become one of the most evil men in the galaxy.

The sequel trilogy wasn't planned out at all and had no road map on how to get from A to B to C and you can tell. They are movies made by a corporation that just wanted to make back their money as quickly as possible. No thought was put into making sure TLJ answered any of the mystery boxes from TFA and the ones it did answer were done poorly. Abram's was just trying to retcon TLJ with TROS and made things even worse.

All the sequel trilogy is are films shot pretty with some nice special effects and music. No originality though as it copied the OT beat to beat in a lot of areas.

Disney's a joke. Bought the most influential and valuable piece of pop culture in history and let vandals loose on it.

Would be like like handing the pyramids over to Al Qaeda for custodianship.

Disaster from a creative and fiscal standpoint.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disney's a joke. Bought the most influential and valuable piece of pop culture in history and let vandals loose on it.

Would be like like handing the pyramids over to Al Qaeda for custodianship.

Disaster from a creative and fiscal standpoint.

Totally agree.

You can tell that George Lucas regrets selling star wars to Disney.

He said that the star wars movies were his kids and that he sold them to white slavers.

Says it all really...

Sure the prequels have their faults and aren't perfect but Lucas crafted a story that made sense throughout the 3 films. I loved the story on how such a sweet innocent kid could grow up to become one of the most evil men in the galaxy.

The sequel trilogy wasn't planned out at all and had no road map on how to get from A to B to C and you can tell. They are movies made by a corporation that just wanted to make back their money as quickly as possible. No thought was put into making sure TLJ answered any of the mystery boxes from TFA and the ones it did answer were done poorly. Abram's was just trying to retcon TLJ with TROS and made things even worse.

All the sequel trilogy is are films shot pretty with some nice special effects and music. No originality though as it copied the OT beat to beat in a lot of areas.

See the thing is I don't disagree with most of these points.

The Force Awakens felt like "Star Wars by design" and seeing Luke v2 from Tatooine v2 work with the Rebels v2 to defeat The Empire v2 to destroy the Death Star v3 (what a twist) was s**t when the franchise could've and should've went anywhere. But I thought tying it back to family and having the Ben / Han stuff worked well, I think a turned stormtrooper was an interesting concept, and overall I thought it was a fun enough, but safe movie. Not one of the mystery boxes adds to it though. A mystery box for the sake of a mystery box is just s**t writing.

Last Jedi I think does really well to take all those boring elements and rejigs them to keep you in your toes. The wise Jedi master Luke isn't perfect. Rey isn't powerful because she's part of some family line but just because she is, the force is everywhere, etc (there are god knows how many Jedi in the series that are strong just because, why was it a problem for some of the fanbase). I like Kylo and Rey's journey being connected, I especially liked having Kylo kill Smoke off so that it means you can't repeat the Return of the Jedi storyline with Kylo getting redeemed. Imagine an episode 9 with an unhinged Kylo realising he's killed his father, his Jedi master, and his evil master and needing to find his own place. I reckon that could've gone lots of ways but all would've been interesting. TLJ wastes Poe, wastes the dynamic of the cast bouncing off each other (how do you write a scene where at the end of the second part of a trilogy two of your main characters are only just meeting and not think "oh maybe they should meet before"?) and I don't think it does enough with the angle of Finn being a former stormtrooper (though it does so a bit - there's also a deleted scene with him and Phasma that I think should've been left in). But overall I like what it does.

Then Rise of Skywalker is a complete and utter shitshow, that retcons anything interesting from TLJ ("haha sike youre not noone you're a Palpatine somehow"), doesn't pick up any of his own mystery boxes in any way (the * do the Knights of Ren do?), decides to ignore Finn and his stormtrooper plotline, as well as Poe and worst of all Rose (purely because of a lots community of racists) and scrambles its way back to being a Return of the Jedi so blatantly it digs up an apparently not exploded even though we saw it explode Death Star (4th times a charm) and a definitely dead bit apparently not Palpatine to do it. Its hot garbage.

Totally agree.

You can tell that George Lucas regrets selling star wars to Disney.

He said that the star wars movies were his kids and that he sold them to white slavers.

Says it all really...

Did you see this video of him? This is the only place i can find it now. Question and the response sums it up.

My supercoach team vs the Star Wars movies:

Unquestionably delivered: Gawn, Macrae, Dunkley, Bont, Ziebell, A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back

Absolutely worth having but something minor puts it behind the last category: Ridley, Houston, Return of the Jedi, The Last Jedi

Good - not quite as good as everyone says - but I don't regret their place: Lloyd, Rogue One

Not original but well put together and I've enjoyed their presence: Merrett, Boak, Impey, Docherty, The Force Awakens

Should be good in theory but executed badly: Taranto, Flynn, Revenge of the Sith

Terrible except for a couple of minor moments or two: Rowe, The Phantom Menace, The Rise of Skywalker

Oh yeah, that thing exists: Brockman, Solo

Absolutely sh*t house: Highmore, Kosi, Treacy, Attack of the Clones
AOTC is the best star wars movie. Take me on.

Just did a quick scan over Brownlow medal winners from last 10 odd years. Interesting trend happening here.
Note: nothing on depth here, just a quick look at games played and general stats.

2020 neale, 2021 Long term injury, underperformed.
2019 Fyfe, 2020, 13/17 games, underperformed.
2018 TMitch, 2019, out for season.
2017, Dusty, 2018, down year, injured
2016, Danger, 2017 full season, good year
2015, Fyfe, 2016 played 5 games,
2014, Priddis, 2015 , Full season, but down.
2013, Gary Jnr, 2014, 15 matches, decent results from those matches.
2012, Smitch/Cotchin, 2013, solid but down
2011, Swan ,2012, good year.
2010, Judd, 2011, better season stats wise.

Just did a quick scan over Brownlow medal winners from last 10 odd years. Interesting trend happening here.
Note: nothing on depth here, just a quick look at games played and general stats.

2020 neale, 2021 Long term injury, underperformed.
2019 Fyfe, 2020, 13/17 games, underperformed.
2018 TMitch, 2019, out for season.
2017, Dusty, 2018, down year, injured
2016, Danger, 2017 full season, good year
2015, Fyfe, 2016 played 5 games,
2014, Priddis, 2015 , Full season, but down.
2013, Gary Jnr, 2014, 15 matches, decent results from those matches.
2012, Smitch/Cotchin, 2013, solid but down
2011, Swan ,2012, good year.
2010, Judd, 2011, better season stats wise.
I guess that means we can expect Jack Ziebell to underperform in 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back