2021 Giants Membership - 10 Year Celebration

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
It’s a shame about today’s weather because the crowd is going to be no where near an indication of what the support will be like this year.

I’ll be there with poncho on but I can’t see there being more than the practice match to be honest

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

With half the city under water I can’t blame them.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Been told our membership as it stands is sitting around 24k.

With the expected drop off due to covid last year and the floods last week and our 2020 season quality wise, this isn’t that bad a drop.
Will be interesting to see how it ends up. Hopefully a few wins under our belt and some sunny days for games and we can still crack 30.

Edit. According to McLachlan in the Inner Sanctum article we are 25k.

Last edited:

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
New membership although it seems to be a 3 game membership with a new name.

I think it’s meant to match the ‘Red Rookie’ 3 game junior membership at the Swans.

If so, it’s pitched at Auskickers and primary schoolers to introduce them and their family to attending AFL matches for the first time.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Is anyone here on the BF board attending the Giants 200 club webinar on Wednesday night?

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Ok, so I’ve managed to solve the mystery.

The club has been emailing event links out to members but, perhaps like me, the club system failed to send you one and you may need to request a manual correction.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Ok, so I’ve managed to solve the mystery.

The club has been emailing event links out to members but, perhaps like me, the club system failed to send you one and you may need to request a manual correction.

Unfortunately I haven’t got the coin to be a part of it.
Hope everyone who gets it can enjoy.

Wonder if we cracked 30k

We were sitting at 25k mid year so would be interesting if anyone jumped on.

25k would still be a good rebound with what’s been happening.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
IMG_2421.png

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
So did anyone attend?

Any good info etc?

Key takeaways were:

1. Jason McCartney continues to impress me both as a person and as a Director of Football. My gut feeling is that he has been a key player-whisperer during the team’s 2 months in exile. Coupled with his slamming the umpires @ Manuka earlier this season and taking a massive fine for speaking truth to power, what’s not to love?

2. Both line coaches and players can’t fully articulate how/why performance has turned around quite so dramatically intra season in 2021. They point to younger player performance as you’d expect, but there’s still a ‘it’s just clicked’ aspect to it all. Honestly, I cannot work out if that explanation is reassuring or unsettling - but I think it’s more the former than the latter.

3. A few hopeful comments on contracts that have been proven correct to date. JH’s contract is the final major one I believe, but nothing in the timing or messaging to date to suggest it is ‘off-track’.

Overall my impression was we’ve escaped the ‘Amazon’ and stabilised the club in very difficult circumstances.

ps. I believe there are only three ‘Giants family members’ who have done Fox Footy ‘Open Mike’ interviews in the past - Cal, Stevie J and Jason Mc. The Jason Mc episode is well worth watching if you can track it down.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Anyone attending this could they give those of us who have to miss it a rundown?

Join us on Wednesday, August 25th for an unmissable online event as we celebrate our first 10 years in the AFL.

From a baseball diamond in Blacktown to Grand Final day at the MCG, we've come a long way. This evening will celebrate everything we have achieved and the many Big, Big Moments along the way.

Hear from key individuals from our club's history, as we look forward to an even bigger decade to come. There will be plenty of GIANT prizes to be won and fun throughout the night, to celebrate 10 years!

Whether you've been a GIANT since the beginning or you've just recently joined our Big, Big Sound, we hope you can make this Big, Big evening! RSVP Today!

KEY EVENT DETAILS

Wednesday August 25, 6:30pm
Dress: Your best GIANTS attire
RSVP: By 12:00pm on Tuesday August 24th

Hear from our
Special GIANTS Guests

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Interesting comments on 2021 vs 2020 hubs.

Suggested that in 2020 WA hub, then travel back to QLD was geographically and logistically harder.

By contrast, family connections in Vic in 2021 made it easier.

Also, segmenting work from non-work time more clearly separated in 2021 with everyone living on top of each other.

Back