Preview 2021 Goodbye (To 2022) New; Preseason Discussion

Ah12

Club Legend
Jan 24, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
1C41FDD9-6652-4BBD-B0CE-77AA093D7065.png

The Future ➡️

Seems to be just the off season operated who haven't been seen after the break - SPP, Bergman, Wines, Jackson plus Motlop and maybe Dumont - not sure what their story is.

Bergman had more shoulder work done last week. (PORT ADELAIDE midfielder/defender Miles Bergman has had a second operation. He had a revision of the Laterjet procedure, after a routine check revealed a surgical screw from a previous off-season surgery had become loose.)

Wines was home in Echuca over the break but he'd be back now. Jackson has a known injury...will be out for awhile.

I think Ive seen SPP and Dumont pics.

Mots ... Not sure

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I’m not sure if anyone has picked this up but when talking about MG, HH says that our game plan relies mostly on kicking the ball to a contest. That’s a terrible game plan. Kicking to a contest is the “bail out” position and not a game plan at all.
Yet here we are and have been for years.

Dixon should absolutely be the bail out not the 99%.

He would dominate in that role as well as he would likely be one on one

Jan 21, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Could be a good thing if we have to start the season with a Charlie-less forward line. Develop a forward strategy more sophisticated than dump it on his head and hope.
Kick in strategy could also benefit enormously

Agree - I haven't been following much recently but the addition of Finlayson should help mitigate Chuck going down. Oraz is a flashy player but we don't rely on him.

Jul 17, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Agree - I haven't been following much recently but the addition of Finlayson should help mitigate Chuck going down. Oraz is a flashy player but we don't rely on him.
Surprisingly most of our gameplay seemed to hinge on dixon and fantasia.

Dixon 2 goals per game.
Fantasia 1.87 goals per game.

Both with the highest averages of goals per game in our squad.

Jonts

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 7, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Flagstaff Hill FC, Tottenham
Surprisingly most of our gameplay seemed to hinge on dixon and fantasia.

Dixon 2 goals per game.
Fantasia 1.87 goals per game.

Both with the highest averages of goals per game in our squad.
The guy we kick it to the most and the best crumber we have of reading when the guy we kick it to the most brings it to ground being 1 and 2 in goal kicking isnt a huge reveal is it?

From Connor Rozee's Zoom conference.

Hot Scodges

Debutant
Mar 16, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
New York Yankees, Everton
The guy we kick it to the most and the best crumber we have of reading when the guy we kick it to the most brings it to ground being 1 and 2 in goal kicking isnt a huge reveal is it?

I am honestly not bothered by this. It will give us a glimpse into the future. We are never going to win a premiership with the Hinkleyball/Dixon two dimensional game plan. Any improvement, if it comes, will come from the midfield supplying a more multi-dimensional forward line.

Back