I'm expecting a Semi Final loss....

Can't lose a prelim if you don't make it

feel-me-think-about-it.gif
Ahh the old Green Bay method. Cant lose in the championship if you dont make it

Post Something GIF

I'm expecting a Semi Final loss....

Can't lose a prelim if you don't make it

feel-me-think-about-it.gif
The Grant Thomas effect - lose a close PF away, lose a PF at home, lose a SF - sacked on Monday.

On a serious note though, if we did make yet another prelim and we lost it. What happens? How are supporters expected to accept 3 years of heartbreak? How does this club get past the choker/failure tag that'll be lumped on it, how do we get the kids to take us past what our senior guns have done? How does the coach possibly retain his job? Would love to hear from one of the Hinkley-Lovers how they will react if we made a prelim and lost.

On a serious note though, if we did make yet another prelim and we lost it. What happens? How are supporters expected to accept 3 years of heartbreak? How does this club get past the choker/failure tag that'll be lumped on it, how do we get the kids to take us past what our senior guns have done? How does the coach possibly retain his job? Would love to hear from one of the Hinkley-Lovers how they will react if we made a prelim and lost.
They'll pretend it didn't happen, just like the prelim last year.

Just (another) bad day in a tough competition 🙄
Move along

Depends what happens.

If it's another WB fiasco 10+ goal shellacking at home I expect the club to finally move and give him the arse. There is a few new board members appointed the last few years who won't accept it.

If its a close 3 pt type loss away from home, a few players missing - injuries, I expect the club to do nothing.

i don’t think we’d sack the coach but i don’t know for sure. I reckon we have a shot this and next year unless melbourne/petrecca are godly again. We need significant improvement through the midfield to jump into first place so I guess we would need to see where we are at in that SpAcE before I would be making a decision on Hinkley.

I still think players are far more important than coaches these days but I’d definitely be looking at changing the head coach if someone good pops up.

edit: I will say that based on what I’ve seen Schofield leaving might be a blessing in disguise. I’m not saying that Monty is better necessarily but I think with how close to elite our midfield is a fresh perspective might be the catalyst

After winning a flag in his first year in 2011, Chris Scott has lost 5 PF's and won 1 PF in 2020. He has lost a lot of QF's but won a lot of SFs. We have wanted to follow them and not moving on Hinkley after a PF loss would be very Geelongish.

His record post 2011 is

EF lost 2012, 2018
QF lost 2013, 2014, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021
SF lost 2014 - out in straight sets
PF lost 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021
GF lost 2020

QF won 2016,
SF won 2013, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2021
PF won 2020

EFs 0-2, QFs 1-6, SFs 5-1, PFs 1-5, GFs 0-1 = 7-15.

With our draw and lack of off season signings, we'll be doing pretty well just to make finals this year. The wildcard of course is covid, depending on random luck that could fling you 5 or 6 positions lower or higher on the ladder than you'd be all other things being equal.

With our draw and lack of off season signings, we'll be doing pretty well just to make finals this year. The wildcard of course is covid, depending on random luck that could fling you 5 or 6 positions lower or higher on the ladder than you'd be all other things being equal.

Nah we will finish top 6 , we have too much talent to fail that much , the rest of the comp is meh , only 5 or 6 good teams at best

You'll know within 6 rounds if we are a threat, if the same old unimpressive wins with ugly play forward of centre is a constant forget about it.
We need to see some irresistible footy & fluent destruction of ordinary sides it doesn't all come together in September by bumbling to enough wins.

Last edited:
Nah we will finish top 6 , we have too much talent to fail that much , the rest of the comp is meh , only 5 or 6 good teams at best
Dees, Dogs, Lions, Cats obvious competitors.

GWS and Tigers could both climb, particularly GWS.

Ess, Stk and Syd will put a lot of pressure on us.

It's not hard to see us having some real issues if we have a bit of bad luck with injuries and we start slow given our hard draw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still remember one of Boak's interviews post prelims last year, the bloke basically broke down.

I feel bad for him but it's sort of the problem with this group as well. Too many at the club feel sorry for themselves. Losses like that should only have anger.
Thats what happens when you don't have enough ALphHA MaLEsZZZ

I still remember one of Boak's interviews post prelims last year, the bloke basically broke down.

I feel bad for him but it's sort of the problem with this group as well. Too many at the club feel sorry for themselves. Losses like that should only have anger.
Redemption can only be fuelled from anger/shame/remorse.

Did the lads all diet over the break?

Attachments

• 03BC6577-83DE-4D37-BB6C-8C1CC58B60D6.jpeg
    03BC6577-83DE-4D37-BB6C-8C1CC58B60D6.jpeg
    253.2 KB · Views: 92
  • 73604C81-1EEA-40BA-98C6-37B61A1D3F88.jpeg
    73604C81-1EEA-40BA-98C6-37B61A1D3F88.jpeg
    197.9 KB · Views: 96

Remove this Banner Ad

Back