Preview 2021 Goodbye (To 2022) New; Preseason Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I am starting to look forward to the Footy again. My NFL team (The Cowboys) did a Port Adelaide and got knocked out of the Playoffs so I can turn my attention back to the beginning of the season. I hope a fitter Rozee and Butters will see us reclaim some of the spark.

Also having Duursma in there should help. I am really excited to see what Sinn can do. I think he'll fit in just nicely. I am looking towards Georgiades to be our main focal point.

Dixon being injured early shoud be a bonus andnot makeus so one dimensional. I am also looking forward to Mead getting a few games.

I'm counting on him having a decent inside game with an elite disposal making him the most improved player of the year. He may have competition with Bonner if his late season form continues...

Is that Lemmey?

Lemmey is on the left here.

8615828ad2589d58b9ba8b2aed6e0567.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Young Westies tall, almost 200cm. Hammer said his name this morning but I've forgotten.
Yeah the blonde kid is jack delean, young medium forward from south Adelaide. Think Isaac Heeney. Kicked bags of goals last year. Super talent, and he’s not eligible until the draft after this years. The taller kid is will patton, a chb / 3rd tall (190-193cm from memory ?) again for the draft after next. Westies kid.

Neither looks remotely like Harry lemmey, who is a massive kid in height and also is a strong lad already.
Tho it’s possible that lemmey is also training with us, but it’s not him in the picture

Yeah the blonde kid is jack delean, young medium forward from south Adelaide. Think Isaac Heeney. Kicked bags of goals last year. Super talent, and he’s not eligible until the draft after this years. The taller kid is will patton, a chb / 3rd tall (190-193cm from memory ?) again for the draft after next. Westies kid.

Neither looks remotely like Harry lemmey, who is a massive kid in height and also is a strong lad already.
Tho it’s possible that lemmey is also training with us, but it’s not him in the picture
Thank you :thumbsu:

Lemmey is in that Academy squad as well, so he might have a stint at Alberton if he hasn't already. You'd think he would stand out in the training pics from the descriptions given of him. Maybe he got sent to the boondocks at West Lakes instead.

Medical room
Spearhead Charlie Dixon (ankle ligaments) will know in the next week if he requires surgery. The club is hopeful Orazio Fantasia (knee) will be available for the start of the season as he also consults with a surgeon. Miles Bergman (shoulder) is aiming to play a pre-season game after undergoing recent follow-up surgery. Hugh Jackson (hip) will be in full training soon, while Kane Farrell (knee) is back in drills as he nears the end of his ACL recovery.

Time trial king
The Power have held their time trials in stages, with Karl Amon again leading the pack during his run after six consecutive years with the club's best time. Others to run impressively during their trials have been Ollie Wines, Mitch Georgiades, Lachie Jones and Darcy Byrne-Jones.

Who's flying?
Third-year midfielder Jackson Mead was a regular at Alberton during the off-season break, completing his own program, and he has emerged this year stronger and fitter. After a trial at half-back last year, he's demanding an inside midfield role with his training performances and impressing his coaches with his clean skills. A debut appears imminent in 2022 for the courageous onballer.

And another thing...
Ruckman Sam Hayes is ready to make his debut and has impressed new ruck coach Matthew Lobbe with his performances on the track and football smarts. The 22-year-old has pushed senior teammate Scott Lycett in training and there is an acknowledgement that he deserves his chance after the departure of Peter Ladhams.

Looking forward to the interview with Matthew Lobbe.

Medical room
Spearhead Charlie Dixon (ankle ligaments) will know in the next week if he requires surgery. The club is hopeful Orazio Fantasia (knee) will be available for the start of the season as he also consults with a surgeon. Miles Bergman (shoulder) is aiming to play a pre-season game after undergoing recent follow-up surgery. Hugh Jackson (hip) will be in full training soon, while Kane Farrell (knee) is back in drills as he nears the end of his ACL recovery.

Time trial king
The Power have held their time trials in stages, with Karl Amon again leading the pack during his run after six consecutive years with the club's best time. Others to run impressively during their trials have been Ollie Wines, Mitch Georgiades, Lachie Jones and Darcy Byrne-Jones.

Who's flying?
Third-year midfielder Jackson Mead was a regular at Alberton during the off-season break, completing his own program, and he has emerged this year stronger and fitter. After a trial at half-back last year, he's demanding an inside midfield role with his training performances and impressing his coaches with his clean skills. A debut appears imminent in 2022 for the courageous onballer.

And another thing...
Ruckman Sam Hayes is ready to make his debut and has impressed new ruck coach Matthew Lobbe with his performances on the track and football smarts. The 22-year-old has pushed senior teammate Scott Lycett in training and there is an acknowledgement that he deserves his chance after the departure of Peter Ladhams.

My boy Mead. I have been waiting for htis kid to hit his straps. He can be anything. I think he is the kind of player that can accumulate the pill but has maximum hurt power with his kicking. A pure mid with great awareness. Fingers crossed that he shines this year...

Medical room

Time trial king

Who's flying?

And another thing...

That’s exciting to read.
I think it’s possible that Amon might even improve more on his year last year, and that would make him very very dangerous. Georgiades being high is a good sign and same for jones.
That’s good to hear about mead too. This year is make or break for him to be honest.
My boy Mead. I have been waiting for htis kid to hit his straps. He can be anything. I think he is the kind of player that can accumulate the pill but has maximum hurt power with his kicking. A pure mid with great awareness. Fingers crossed that he shines this year...
It’s great to hear he’s fit and been doing extra work.

He has been well well off it, even when he wasn’t injured he wasn’t looking like a real afl prospect in our side. I think there’s something to work with though, just how he was used as a junior was dumb and really didn’t do him any favours. I spoke heaps leading up that he was just floating outside contests neither being an outside player nor inside mid and that it wouldn’t work at afl level.

The good thing is that they’ve earmarked him as an inside mid. If he lifts his workrate and engine that’s the position he could make it as.

So far his quality kicking (and he was a very nice kick as a junior) has not translated to the level in the sanfl. It just hasn’t worked around contests.

Hopefully that changes.

I do think his hands and mind is pretty sharp inside and underrated. He could surprise some with his contested inside work in time.

Having said that I don’t really see a spot for him in the afl side this year… and that’s ok. If he can develop and show that he has a position at afl level and this year is a development year I think that’s a great result.

Interesting to see how we turn up this year . It’ll take a fully galvanised group to go all the way and some new midfield grunt from within .
I think the forward line and backline are good enough.
If Hayes can step up to be able to compete with the likes of Gawn it’d be a bonus , I do see him being a natural if he can rise to the next level .
Also if Jones can be turned into a midfielder it’ll help because he has grunt and speed .
Hopefully the big 3 , Rozee , Butters and Duursma can have injury free seasons , we really missed them not being at their best last year.
If Bergman can continue his development and Sinn can break into the side I’m not sure if Byrne Jones and Motlop will be best 22 .
Also can see Gray being more of a pinch hitter or sub unless he is completely not hampered by bung knees .
Should be an interesting year . Need some luck as does any team .
I think if we miss finals Ken will get the flick .
It’s a good team , just a little working class in the midfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back