Votes: 18 64.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

ferball

Premium Platinum
Jul 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A great midfield will always make an average forward line look good.

Fritsch is a star and definitely one of the hardest matchups in the league.

Pickett and Spargo did absolutely nothing, Brown certainly isn't a top line KPF at the moment. McDonald the same.

Jackson is a McKernan like trump card that Goodwin can deploy there.

I'm fairly confident between Thomas, Stephenson, Horne-Francis, Zurhaar, Ford, Edwards, Comben, CCJ we have enough X-Factor there to blow the MCG apart during finals in a few years. I'd absolutely love an electric small forward, but we will have that much versatility through midfield/forward I think our forward line projects to be much better than Melbourne's currently.

Thomas and JHF is going to be arguably one of the best two punch forward/mid combo's in the league and then you have Stephenson for good measure.

Defense is a much bigger issue. Melbourne's blows ours out of the water currently. We are lacking an elite young intercept marking CHB. They are absolutely key in modern football.
I watched that Leek Aleer's highlights and he regularly jumped over huge groups of players to mark. Guys who can run and jump. Like Maj. Ben McKay can do it too, believe it or not. If you watch those things Ligma posts from that mob Lazarro is training with you'll see both McKays have some real speed for big blokes. Ben McKay can jump too. But he is great one on one so lets not mess with that.

I like the idea of players who are fast even if they take a bit to wind up but who can take off four or five metres from the ball drop and still be holding their height when they get there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad