Autopsy 2021 Grand Final - Dees are Premiers

Who will win the AFL Grand Final?

• Western Bulldogs

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 18 64.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

From the 16 minute mark of the third quarter Melbourne kicked 16.4 (100) to the Bulldogs' 1.1 (7).
I s**t you not, right at that moment I leant over to my Dad and said "20 points down, I just can't see Melbourne coming back from here".

Narrator: They did come back.

To those that experienced 99’ what does it feel like? It’s only something I can dream of.
1999 Good, but once I knew our opponent was Carlton, I knew we'd win!

1996 was just amazing Ligma! A day after my birthday, crowd 90k roughly and my first ever final! Ended up at Arden St after the game, met some amazing people (especially Giulia, who told me her name was Italian for "youthful", never forget that. Actually, probably should've been Italian for "flexible".... anyway, a story for another day). Great win :thumbsu:

Keeping Brown would’ve been a mistake , he wouldn’t have got near it most of the year with our ball delivery & even if we managed to jag a couple of games because we kept him ? What good does that do us ? We may have even missed out on JHF … let’s face it we are in a rebuild & a bit off from contending at this point . Larkey benefited from being the number 1 forward in learning positioning , bodywork and work rate . Lest we forget he wanted 5yrs @ 800k . No thanks

This. It won’t even be a question in five years.

To those that experienced 99’ what does it feel like? It’s only something I can dream of.
96 for me was the best footy day of my life , it was the culmination of 4 years excitement and expectation . We played some unbelievable footy in 93 , 94 & 95 but we were the best team in it in 96 . 97 we were injury riddled and never quite felt like we were playing our best footy . 98 was the biggest let down , we were by far the best team that year & a half of bad kicking brought it all undone. 99 was a strange one in that while we played some high level footy during the year , we had games that were a real struggle but come finals I never felt like we would lose .
Being a North supporter in that stretch 93-99 was just unreal , we were just an absolute powerhouse . You knew going into games we would win and win well … in fact I distinctly remember coming home from games disappointed with how we played despite winning by 10 goals . I hope to see those days again .

Keeping Brown would’ve been a mistake , he wouldn’t have got near it most of the year with our ball delivery & even if we managed to jag a couple of games because we kept him ? What good does that do us ? We may have even missed out on JHF … let’s face it we are in a rebuild & a bit off from contending at this point . Larkey benefited from being the number 1 forward in learning positioning , bodywork and work rate . Lest we forget he wanted 5yrs @ 800k . No thanks
100%
Plus we turned brown into stevo massive win

Side note the extent of Melbourne supporters celebrations was going out to their balcony/backyard etc for a drink stuck in their homes past 9pm

we’ve picked the best years to bottom out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Decent umpiring last night ?
I thought that the Dogs got a very good run, especially when the game was still up for grabs. I doubt there's a team in the comp that gets away with dropping the ball so often.

Basil announcing old mate Margetts to present the umpires' medal was the highlight of the night for mine. Possibly the two biggest campaigners in Australia on the same stage at the same time. Well played AFL👍

Just goes to show when you have the elite they are barely noticed which is how every game should be.

Funny you say that. Earlier in the day during the pre match I watched the last 5 minutes of the Brisbane v Dogs match from a few weeks ago. I spent most of the time shaking my head as time after time the umpires missed obvious frees that they would have fallen over themselves paying a few weeks earlier. IMHO these bullshit 50m rules should either be paid all the time or not at all. If it's as stupid rule to pay in the last 5 mins of a final - then it's a stupid rule to pay full stop.

Feel for Ben for the year he had personally offfield, but I can still live with the trading collateral damage of not bowing to managers and players after a decade of paying off their mortgages.

Yep. I'd have loved Brown to stay with us - for the right price - and win us more finals. Based on this year though he was not worth the contract he was asking and the club made the right and tough call.

So many nuffies on social media turning this into a north v Ben brown scenario.. reading their comments they really got NFI :rolleyes:

Anyway good on the dees for the win. Made it even more sweeter by smashing the umpires pets the bullflogs.

I can’t wait till it’s our turn again.

So many nuffies on social media turning this into a north v Ben brown scenario.. reading their comments they really got NFI :rolleyes:

Anyway good on the dees for the win. Made it even more sweeter by smashing the umpires pets the bullflogs.

I can’t wait till it’s our turn again.
Good on BBB. Glad he is doing well at dees.

I loved every minute but in hindsight, after our run in finals in the 1990s, I thought I would see many more by now but they don’t come around often and when it does again, i will appreciate it even more.

Petracca said it took 8 years post game.
Viney talked about winning 2 wins in his first season.

It gives us hope
We've finally got fair dinkum it seems. It may take us 3 years, 5 or 7...we may not get there. But we're in as good a position as 16 other clubs, better than most of them.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

The carry on about Brown you'd think he won the Norm Smith, B&F, Coleman and Brownlow.

Good luck to him, he stumbled in a premiership team. Lucky he didn't chose Freo or *.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

He didn’t stumble to a Premiership team. He went to a team who’d finished 17th and 9th the previous two years.

He didn’t exactly just jump onto the Richmond train.

Back