Autopsy 2021 Grand Final - Dees are Premiers

Who will win the AFL Grand Final?

• Western Bulldogs

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 18 64.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He was flat out unwanted. I agree media can spin it that we are the big bad nasty men. But we did tell him to find another club. Not sure why a few on here are so touchy about this.

Not touchy at all, just an incomplete version of events.

Although he gave him 3 years head start, Luke Jackson has already easily caught and passed Tim English

Correct - we sacked him. Told him to look elsewhere.

Depends on your definition of sacked I guess.

I read it as "here's the offer - take it out leave it." He punted on "leave it" and the club wouldn't budge from there. At the moment it's a clear win for him but we're playing the long game so who knows whether it will be a win for everyone?

Who cares what happened with Brown? Seriously...

The dude was never going to be part of a successful North team because we are still a couple of years away and his knee doesn't look like providing him with a long term career. We gave him a contract offer, he rejected it, we reduced the offer, he left. No one else was interested in him but the Dees and he has managed to be part of a premiership winning team. Good on him. Good on them. Move on peeps.

I read it as "here's the offer - take it out leave it." He punted on "leave it" and the club wouldn't budge from there. At the moment it's a clear win for him but we're playing the long game so who knows whether it will be a win for everyone?
As I said I am not dirty on the result. Loved BBB but we all know there were a few complications. He was told to find a new home, did, won a flag. Good on him. Sacked is a rather emotive word, I know, but end result the same no matter how anyone tries to spin it. He got a DCM.

Yeah, noticed that. Usually the coach says something but Goody didn't get the chance. Baz probably thought 60k were there to see him.

Speaking of the presentation, when does having Auskickers presenting the medals get the boot? Surely it's soon. The biggest moment in a footballer's life and they get some kid to awkwardly hand the medal, shake hands and get given a hat. If that's not cringeworthy enough, one of the cuter kids gets miked up so we hear them cheesily parrot "You're my favourite player". Obviously the players don't care but the AFL have been doing it for nearly 20 years and it never fails to embarrass.
I had to unlike this comment after I read that bit about the kids.

Get over to the grumpy old thread if you're gonna post stuff like that. :p

Although he gave him 3 years head start, Luke Jackson has already easily caught and passed Tim English
Tim English is absolutely nowhere. He's a 205cm utility who is a liability in the ruck. He's the sort of guy you'd play if you could have six on the bench because I don't think he makes it as a ruck/forward. Does he even start next year when the Dogs have Bruce and JUH in the side?

Yeah, noticed that. Usually the coach says something but Goody didn't get the chance. Baz probably thought 60k were there to see him.

Speaking of the presentation, when does having Auskickers presenting the medals get the boot? Surely it's soon. The biggest moment in a footballer's life and they get some kid to awkwardly hand the medal, shake hands and get given a hat. If that's not cringeworthy enough, one of the cuter kids gets miked up so we hear them cheesily parrot "You're my favourite player". Obviously the players don't care but the AFL have been doing it for nearly 20 years and it never fails to embarrass.
It's supposed to keep them humble and grounded before they get in their civvys and hit the club to snort blow off asses so big they have to be seen to be believed.

It's not the moment for humbling and sweet. Guaranteed not one player has gone up to get his medal and thought "How sweet. I feel so humble." It's a corporate obligation so that NAB get their name inserted into the pinnacle moment of the sport.
The whole event is a corporate obligation.

When i was a kid we did a guard of honour at North Hobart oval I think for peter Hudson, his last game or something. It was good and no corporate obligations. Those kids will never forget it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that is the Bigfooty spin. We withdrew the offer and publicly asked him to look for another club.

we made a call it was better for him not to be a part of our future. True that he could have taken the deal at the start of the year, but things changed and money/term is not the reason he is gone.

it was our call.

One thing that struck me today after watching Melbourne win a flag is that how utterly sh*t it must be to follow St. Kilda

And to know that in 2013 they had pick #3 and went for Billings over Bontempelli who went at #4, and followed it up the next year with McCartin at #1 ahead of Petracca at #2..

Ouch.

PLAYERCARD]Roarke Smith[/PLAYERCARD] probably played his best game of his career last night. His pressure was great and got quite a lot of touches and a goal to get them going. He had 16 disposals, 9 kicks, 1 goal, 7 handballs and 5 tackles which is one of his highest possession game he's played and definitely his best this season. Also Adam Treloar played well in the first half and Caleb Daniel played a major roll in the much needed defence. Speeking of defence Easton Wood played well to until he hurt his rist and came off. But the dees just simply had a better structure than the dogs and moved the ball faster. Well earned win from Melbourne. The dogs will be back firing next year for their third flag. Go the dogs!!

Back