Who will win the AFL Grand Final?

• Western Bulldogs

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 18 64.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

To those who hate the Dees and Dogs, I have question:
Is there any club (aside from Nth) you wouldn’t mind seeing win the premiership?
Being a Brisbane boy, I have a soft spot for them, and lived in Adelaide for 3 years so I have a soft spot for Port. Except for last night. That was hilarious.

Apr 24, 2011
Greek Islands
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Shouldn’t really judge the flogness of a supporter base based on the nuffies on big footy. They are mostly the exception not the rule. I actually enjoy it, part of footy culture, the dickhead fan. Every club has them inc ours. Anyway probably want the D’s to win as I have a workmate that just retired in his 60’s that has really done the hard yards over the decades following Melbourne. Footy and Melbourne have really ‘killed him’ so probably deserves to see a flag. Glad it’s not any of the bigger, louder, obnoxious clubs in it. The system proves that a smaller, less re$ourced club can rise up and do the business.

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
I don't buy into, "I've got a mate who follows such and such and it would be good for him," or "My auntie loves her team so I hope she gets a win" because from my experience, whenever someone's team comes good, no matter how good a person they are, they turn into an insufferable, annoying, arrogant bore.

This should be stickied. Those of you barracking for opposition teams are as weak as p1ss.

hilly

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 27, 2000
Frank Grey Smith Bar
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Triple M commentary team
Is there any club (aside from Nth) you wouldn’t mind seeing win the premiership?

Freo
GWS - yes a lot of handouts but they're for the most part blue-collar these days
Adelaide is miles away (location)
Brisbane see above
GC - see above
In my weaker moments St Kilda

Oct 16, 2004
The Gasometer
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Freo
GWS - yes a lot of handouts but they're for the most part blue-collar these days
Adelaide is miles away (location)
Brisbane see above
GC - see above
In my weaker moments St Kilda

This was me in 2017 when the Crows played the Tigers. Both sets of fans are idiots - but I prefer idiots 800km away from me than idiots around every corner.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
I’d prefer Melbourne to win. I’m also enjoying the hurt confusion of Dogs fans seeing the media treat the Demons exactly like they treated Western in 2016 - “everyone’s second team”, sentimental favourite.

Yeah, South Adelaide... as long as Horney Horns gets through without injury.

Personally there are three clubs I don’t mind winning but they are nowhere near it. GWS, GC and Freo

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Personally there are three clubs I don’t mind winning but they are nowhere near it. GWS, GC and Freo

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
For me it’s Saints and Melbourne.
Small Melb clubs. Been though hardship. If they can do it - it’s good signs for us too.
GWS & Suns? AFL corporate clubs. No history. I’d rather my mates who haven’t tasted success for 50 years succeed than those commercial entities that have the system stacked in their favour.
Small Melbourne clubs unite and screw the powers that be I say!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got to be Melbourne (under duress). The Dogs could use a dose of humility and best part of Melbourne winning is we can all point to the AFL literally paying for their coach and turning them around as a reason to put a * next to the win. Sucks for them though, I've never been to a Grand Final and it would kill me if it happened after 2 decades of week in week out attendance and I couldn't even go to the game.

You know what, I’ve changed my mind. I’m Doggies all the way now.

I can certainly ignore the crying that came from them when Hall was choking out Scottie Thompson or the whinging from Bont when Lindsay Thomas tackled Hunter high, or the stealing of Ballarat after we did all the hard work, the ducking, the throwing, being the AFL’s pet, the media darling who never gets their name put up for relocation, getting the biggest armchair ride from the umpires in a final series and Grand Final, the pokies venues. Have I forgotten anything?

And how could I go for a team that tanks and plays for draft picks, just like my own team just did under the guise of a “rebuild”.

And Browny is greedy, how dare a gun forward want to be paid accordingly, I’m glad we didn’t over pay him so we could overpay an often injured 3rd tall defender.

Back