AFL Grand Final 2021 Grand Final - Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs - Sat, Sept 25 - 5:15pm AWST / 7:15pm AEST

Who you want to win the flag?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

* me. The way some are talking in this thread, you’d think it was a Geelong Vs. Essendon GF.

Personally, I’m really looking forward to the game. Both teams were a joy to watch in the prelims.

I’m just hoping for a tough and close game. Would be happy for Melbourne if they win, but equally happy to see Doc win a third premiership medal if the Dogs get up.

Dees by 3 goals , reckon if they played last week they win by 6 goals.

It will be a belter and an entertaining game.
Dees bat a bit deeper through the 22 and I think there forwardline is underrated .
Gawn/Jackson combo tips the game to Dees also

Wouldnt suprise if the Dogs get up , but for the most part the Dees can cover them .

Last edited:
I think the dees win for the same reason. I see the dees 22 bats a lot deeper than the dogs. Plus their lesser players play less key roles than is the case with the dogs.

I definitely agree bottom 6 will have a big say in who wins.

It's almost to hard to pick, I really hope we get a cracking game.

25fd7.don-scott.jpg

Come on Doggies.
I’ve still got my NO MERGER sign from that hawks v Melbourne clash and will be dusting it off in support of the dogs this weekend.

The hawks supporters who have seem to have moved on from this period and are supporting the dees this weekend should remind themselves how vehemently the dees fans supported against us in every recent Hawks GF. They farking hated us.

I’ve still got my NO MERGER sign from that hawks v Melbourne clash and will be dusting it off in support of the dogs this weekend.

The hawks supporters who have seem to have moved on from this period and are supporting the dees this weekend should remind themselves how vehemently the dees fans supported against us in every recent Hawks GF. They farking hated us.
Mine is more of a protest vote.

I don't want either team to win, so long as footsore lose.

fu** me. The way some are talking in this thread, you’d think it was a Geelong Vs. Essendon GF.

Personally, I’m really looking forward to the game. Both teams were a joy to watch in the prelims.

I’m just hoping for a tough and close game. Would be happy for Melbourne if they win, but equally happy to see Doc win a third premiership medal if the Dogs get up.
If the bulldogs win another rigged bullshit umpire-assisted premiership, it will be an absolute travesty. And if they win it will have been umpire-assisted. They shouldn't even have made it here.

Last edited:
10 goal Dees win for my mate so he can relax and enjoy the show but
1 point win either way for my enjoyment...prefer the Dees win though

Living through that year and that meeting at the Camberwell Civic Centre - and all the emotions that came with it - I can't bring myself to support the Dees in anything at any time. But, since 2016 I haven't been able to abide the Throwdogs and the license they receive from umpires and the media, either. Would a draw be fair? I suppose that I will grit my teeth and support a Taylor Duryea flag. But, it's a GF and I can hope for a good, close and entertaining contest. It would be a nice end to a miserable week here in Shaky Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel some Hawthorn people, must have forgotten that if Melbourne had their way we would not exist.
images (8).jpeg

I feel some Hawthorn people, must have forgotten that if Melbourne had their way we would not exist.
View attachment 1244682
You have it completely backwards

Melbourne had their way, they voted to merge (although there is the chance that their votes were rigged)

We voted no merger

Melbourne supporters can thank Hawthorn members that their club is still in existence

Everyone hates Hawthorn and 98% of neutrals were barracking hard against us in those grand finals. Hardly going to single out Dees fans.

Also - the merger fervour is really overdone when it comes to the Demons now. Their vote was highly speculative and the proxies were stupidly in favour of the merger and likely their board rigged the vote. Demons members on the night voted about 75% against the merger.

Dees fans have painted the town red and blue. Will be one hell of a fall should they lose this.
lucky for dogs supporters they only need to add some white if they win.

They only need to collect all the white flags the cats and port players waved last week.

A potential X factor for me is that Melbourne will have only played 1 game in 28 days.
Hard to know if that will be an issue.
That said, Dees by 4-5 goals for me, can’t stand the thought of the throw-dogs stealing another one after 2016.

Back