Universal Love 2021 Grand Final Rewatch - Poll for your preferred rewatch time

When would you like to do a board rewatch to start? (multi choice possible if available all times)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

As I'm sure you are all doing I am in the midst of my first rewatch of the grand final. I am also sure that over the coming months we will regularly revisit this game to marvel at the awe inspiring efforts of the team as the GDT and review threads will disappear into obscurity.

In view of that we have a dedicated thread to discuss the grand final most of us have waited our entire life to see. Why have I included '2021' in the title? well, it will be hard to separate them when we go on to win the next 4 GF's. ;)

Currently at half time on the first rewatch and man there were so many pivotal points in play that seemed to really have an effect on the game.

Probably my favourite moment in the first half was Petty's smother. Made a mistake and instantly did everything in his power to make up for it.

Would love to do a scheduled rewatch and discussion. There's so much to take in.
That was my initial plan but thought I'd start the thread and then do it in a week or so when the euphoria, epicness and craziness of last night has settled a bit.

Perhaps set a time for next weekend later in the week. Who's in?

Dancing Potato

Premiership Player
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Watched the replay this afternoon and Hibberd's first quarter stood out with a few desperate defensive efforts.

Had more appreciation for Kozzy's game too. Didn't touch it much but was applying manic pressure from start to finish.

Also loved that Gawn took it out of the ruck and slammed it straight on his boot 3 or 4 times. Gained a lot of ground with those.

It's the little things.

netslave

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 6, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Downloaded the whole game off the afl website and found some footage in the qtr time breaks that I dont think made the broadcast:

Goody in the rooms with the players and coaches, pity there is no sound in the room but I think Benny Gibson is in there taking footage so it may appear on the mfc website at some stage.

Footage of the pitch invader from above, you can see when he sprints onto the ground from the bottom of the screen and does a few somersaults :D
Then Goody talking with the coaches and then goes across to the Forwards group.

Last edited:
What would people like for a set rewatch time, Friday night, Saturday afternoon at the traditional GF time of 3:20, Saturday night or Sunday afternoon/night?

Might add a poll and we can decide by Thursday.

PS: Just about to watch the 3rd quarter onslaught for the first time after this post. Yes!

For any who are superstitious we kicked kicked 9.3.57 in the last quarter. Im sure you can figure out the rest :)
When Brayshaw kicked the goal to put us back in front our score went to 9.10.64

19 scoring shots for 64 points. And we never looked back.

Poll added for a rewatch this weekend. Options available from Friday night to Sunday night.

Looking forward to this knowing the result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did this end up happening?
No, not many votes so thought I'd give it a week to see if any others are interested.

Also, even though we'll do a coordinated rewatch it will also then become the rewatch thread going forward.

DGroover

Senior List
Jan 31, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Watched the last qtr and a half from when we were 19pts down.
Big lifts especially from Ben Brown and Bailey Fritsch when we needed it. Brown started hitting packs and causing spillages as well as taking some good marks. Fritsch just went full beast mode and kept kicking truly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back