MVP 2021 GWS MVP - Rd 21 Giants thrash Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

5 - Sam Taylor: absolute star; blotted out Hawkins and took a ton of intercept marks
3 - Isaac Cumming: almost 1000m gained! and very composed down back (except for that one kick)
3 - Toby Greene: lifted his team
2 - Tim Taranto: tough contested game
1 - Nick Haynes: more errors than normal, but intercepted well
1 - Lachie Whitfield: also more errors than usual, but stood up in tight clinches

I watched the game on television and quite frankly the commentary was so biased - all about Geelong losing and not the Giants winning.
The umpires seem to be doing their best to help Geelong.
One Giant was struggling to control the ball because he was being held and finally gets jumped upon - holding the ball.
A players actually has to be holding the ball to get penalised for holding-the-ball.
In the mean time we have the usual circus where Geelong players have one Mississippi two Mississippi before unloading.
FFS, the law say "IMMEDIATE" disposal.
Those 50m penalties at best, weren't in the spirit of the game. What, are we playing "chasey" now ?
I used to like Geelong (being non-Melbourne) but they are increasingly just a bunch of thugs.

5. Taylor
4. Cumming
3. Taranto
2. Whitfield
1. Briggs

sorry Toby, you deserved points and I nearly deducted 1 from Cumming for “that kick” but in the end his game deserved the 4 points overall.

I watched the game on television and quite frankly the commentary was so biased - all about Geelong losing and not the Giants winning.
The umpires seem to be doing their best to help Geelong.
One Giant was struggling to control the ball because he was being held and finally gets jumped upon - holding the ball.
A players actually has to be holding the ball to get penalised for holding-the-ball.
In the mean time we have the usual circus where Geelong players have one Mississippi two Mississippi before unloading.
FFS, the law say "IMMEDIATE" disposal.
Those 50m penalties at best, weren't in the spirit of the game. What, are we playing "chasey" now ?
I used to like Geelong (being non-Melbourne) but they are increasingly just a bunch of thugs.
True, the ageing Cats are the darling of the commetators, down there at Sleepy Hollow. ! All i can say is, well done Giants, to actually win down there, n th Cats own pissing ground, sardine shaped ground, is a real , real great effort. I only watched cos of lockdown, and like most other fans, expected a Cats formp home victory, but the Giants were outstanding, a win for the ages, and so many guys out too. I reckon the Cats are now sus in the Finals, and i cant see them beating a tough an rampant outfit like the Doggies, or the Swans. Yeh, well done GWS, great win, always good to beat the Cats down there, where they are at least a 4 goals better team, it was just an amazing win, really.

5.Taylor (glad he did that on a Friday in lockdown to show everyone how good he is)
2. XOH
2. Toby
2. Cumming
1. Whitfield
1. Ward
1. Briggs
1. Taranto

Could have given even more players points. The boys were terrific.

Sam Taylor was the unanimous MVG with his outstanding defence on Tom Hawkins, while Toby Greene,. Isaac Cumming & Tim Taranto also scored well:

Capture - GWS MVP 2021 Rd21.PNG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back