2021 HFC Player Sponsorship. It's on again !

A call to the sponsorship faithful.... and those who wish to join us !

It's that time of the year again...

Over the past ten seasons or so, a syndicate of BigFooty Hawks have sponsored up and coming Hawthorn players. It's now the time when we call for pledges, and expressions of interest for season 2021.

Former Hawks mod Gary Shadforth was the first to organise this board to contribute. Messenger also excelled in this role for six seasons !

Why sponsor a player ?

HFC offers BigFooty Hawks members the opportunity to sponsor individual players on the entire playing list each season. It's an opportunity to have a little extra stake in the game, watching "your guy" go around on match days. If you have a look in the club annual there will be a list of those who sponsor players each season. Player profiles on the HFC website also show this information.

The money is not given to the player directly.

Who do we sponsor ?

Since the program began, we have been pleased to sponsor these players:

2020 - Conor Nash & James Cousins
2019 - Conor Nash & James Cousins
2018 - Kaiden Brand, Conor Nash & James Cousins
2017 - Kaiden Brand, Conor Nash & James Cousins
2016 - Kaiden Brand, Alex Woodward & Jermaine Miller-Lewis
2015 - Alex Woodward, Jed Anderson & Jermaine Miller-Lewis
2014 - Luke Lowden, Alex Woodward & Jed Anderson
2013 - Luke Lowden, Alex Woodward & Jed Anderson
2012 - Isaac Smith & Shane Savage
2011 - Isaac Smith & Shane Savage
2010 - Beau Muston & Shane Savage
2009 - Beau Muston
2008 - Beau Muston
2007 - Beau Muston

How much does it cost and how does it work ?

Last years payment was $2500. Money is raised through small (or large) contributions from BigFooty Hawks members. BigFooty tips in some money as well. In 2020 there were around 45 BigFooty Hawks contributors !

To make it easy it is all based around "units". One unit costs $20.00 and each unit entitles you to a raffle ticket for the chance to win awesome experiences, or prizes (more about this later).

There is a bank account dedicated to sponsorship (HFC and BHFC) activity only. There is currently a tiny surplus which can be used to contribute to sponsorship activity should it be required.

We take expressions of interest to join the sponsorship group each year at which time we ask how many units you'd like to contribute. Most people contribute $40 to $100, while others choose to contribute more or less. Each to their own means. If you would like to contribute privately, please send me a PM.

Your expressions of interest will allow me to gauge how much we can afford when the club announces the prices for each player. Our hope is to raise enough to continue with our sponsorship of two players, but if the interest is not there we will have to reduce our commitment.

Is there a deadline ?

We have first right of refusal
over our current sponsored players (Nash / Cousins). This right was exercised recently. Therefore I am looking for a simple show of hands to see what $ amount we can raise by January 15th ! We will start collecting contributions ASAP - so pledge and donate right away. The bank details remain the same as in past years but I shall post them again shortly.

What's in it for me ?

* A badge (or two) on your profile. BF Hawks members who are part of the sponsorship effort wear a little brown and gold badge under their username.

* The sponsorship comes with some goodies...
- chances to win tickets to a player sponsorship function, or...
- match day Guard Of Honour,
- signed jumpers from our sponsored players,
- snazzy looking player sponsor scarves,
- tickets to a match day functions are also typical of the package.

We issue raffle tickets based on the number of units you contribute ($20 = one ticket) and draws are made regularly during the season by an independent third party.

* A warm inner glow.... priceless.

If this is something you'd like to be part of, please post below with how many units you'd like to contribute. When we have a general pledged total we'll know how many players we BF Hawks can sponsor in 2021.

Should be a great season... time to get on board !!

And of course...

Contributions of $100 or more earn you a BigFooty Premium Platinum membership, while $50 or over will receive Premium Gold !

Bank Details have remained the same as for previous seasons:

This is a dedicated bank account used for player sponsorship purposes only. Messenger is the account holder, and with his permission the details appear below. The quickest and easiest way to transfer is with Internet Banking.

Account details:

ING Bank
BSB: 923-100
Account: 30845657
Name: BigFooty Hawks

Given the number of transactions entering with similar amounts, please add your username as the reference when you make payment. In addition if you add an odd number of cents to the amount, I can pick it out more easily.

If you live overseas or if you have problems depositing funds into this ING account, you may pay by Paypal to: david667@optusnet.com.au

Once you have contributed, please post in this thread and the amount and the date you sent it. If you'd like your contribution to remain private in this forum, please PM me the details.

As payments they hit the account, Messenger shall advise me so I can post the receipt numbers periodically in this thread.

Transferred $40.05 at 16:32 today for two units. Thanks for organizing, I always appreciate all the work you do to keep the BF sponsorship going.

Next year could we possibly consider sponsoring young first, second or third year players. 2020 was a pretty lean year for player sponsorships with Frost, Ceglar, Scully, Hartley, Moore, Ross, Minchington, Pepper, Greaves and Brooksby not having a sponsor. Having watched Greaves at the BHH and Pepper in the NAB Champs and NAB League Finals, I was disappointed to see they didn't have a sponsor.

Half time report.....

Pledges have just raised enough for one player so far. I'm to give HFC our situation on the weekend. Pledges only for now are fine, but we will need to get a move on if a second player can be added to the books in 2021. Many thanks to contributors so far, and in the days ahead.

Back