T20I 2021 ICC Men's T20 World Cup - Non-Australia games

Remove this Banner Ad

i reckon this Bangladesh side could give the Australian side a run for their money in T20 on Australian pitches. Reckon they could at least pinch 2+ games in a best of 5 series......i know thats a big call but the Aussies are just clueless on quality spin at the moment.

Permutations of the group:

Oman need to win by 79 runs to top the group. If Oman win by a smaller margin, they finish second. If Scotland win, they top the group
How does that work if Oman already have a better NRR ?

Couldn't find the tiebreaker rules.

How does that work if Oman already have a better NRR ?

Couldn't find the tiebreaker rules.
Bangladesh are now 1st, Oman 2nd, Scotland 3rd.

That information was from Cricinfo

Permutations of the group:

Oman need to win by 79 runs to top the group. If Oman win by a smaller margin, they finish second. If Scotland win, they top the group

Haha Scotland undefeated and still facing a win or you’re out scenario in the pools. And going through 3 matches in 5 days.

This format is such rubbish. Unfortunate for a 2 win 1 loss side to miss out if it happens. It’s not like this couldn’t have been anticipated also with one significantly weaker side in the pool.

Bangladesh are now 1st, Oman 2nd, Scotland 3rd.

That information was from Cricinfo

Yep sorry, I've totally misread your post.

I thought it was Oman by 79 runs or more to surpass Scotland.

An interesting thing is Scotland beat Bangladesh 4 days ago and yet PNG qualified in front of Scotland for this tournament. PNG topped the 7 team group whereas Scotland finished 4th in it losing to Singapore along the way.
I’m not sure about the other associate nations but PNG haven’t played any games until this tournament since they qualified in 2019 due to Covid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back