T20I 2021 ICC Men's T20 World Cup - Non-Australia games

Remove this Banner Ad

Bangladesh Oman probably decides who goes through now from that group.

Looking forward to Group A matches starting tonight, I can make a case for all four sides making the next round. Hoping for a good performance from Namibia

I reckon a T20 world cup is good enough to have at least 14 teams in the main draw. None of this round robin to weed out the weaker sides.
The 2022 World Cup in Aus is going to have the same format as this one but from 2024 it will be 20 teams split into 4 groups of 5. The ODI World Cup from 2027 will be 14 teams in the main draw.

Good to see one of the minnows in Scotland upsetting Bangladesh, makes these qualifying games more interesting when they don't go to script.

Ireland v Netherlands tonight should be a good even contest, you would expect Sri Lanka to beat Namibia fairly comfortably though.

Sri Lanka aren't as strong as they used to be so I guess another upset isn't out of the question but you would still expect them to beat Namibia.
They definitely are no certs to make it out of the qualifying group either. Netherlands, Sri Lanka, Ireland and Namibia are in their group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there anywhere to watch match highlights?
The ICC World Cup website has 5 minute highlights. Kayo usually has an extended 20 minutes package but it seems they haven't uploaded any highlights from last nights games.

Netherlands (Playing XI): Max ODowd, Ben Cooper, Bas de Leede, Colin Ackermann, Ryan ten Doeschate, Scott Edwards(w), Roelof van der Merwe, Pieter Seelaar(c), Logan van Beek, Fred Klaassen, Brandon Glover

Ireland (Playing XI): Paul Stirling, Kevin O Brien, Andrew Balbirnie(c), Gareth Delany, Harry Tector, Curtis Campher, Neil Rock(w), Simi Singh, Mark Adair, Benjamin White, Joshua Little

Dutch won the toss and will bat 1st

Actual matches are on 503 for those on Fox. They're showing a warm up match on Fox Cricket ffs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back