T20I 2021 ICC Men's T20 World Cup - Non-Australia games

magpiemaniac44

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
San Antonio, Melbourne Stars
Looks like the bowlers all bowled well except Marsh. Surely if Wade fails again, Inglis gets a gig as a finisher at #7. Also Warner's form is concerning now, lets hope he gets it together.

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
Namibia were disappointing in the actual World Cup. Went to pieces on the big (though not as big as warm-up games) stage.

BGman

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Dragons, Blues, Tassie Tigers
an overrated left arm spinning all rounder showdown.
Check the world T20 rating of Agar.

Drab T20 kit the Aussies are wearing. Sack ASICS. For style this kit they wore in 2016 WC beats it hands down. Nike has designed us a new T20 kit. Why aren't our boys wearing that here.
1634599760758.png

Attachments

• 1634597867968.png
    1634597867968.png
    217.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

magpiemaniac44

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
San Antonio, Melbourne Stars
All the scores so far have been low, with 3 of the 4 teams batting first not getting over 130. Is this just because they are associate nations or are the pitches already worn out? There hadn't been a game at Abu Dhabi for a week before last night but neither team got over 110. At the end of the IPL there were also many low scoring games as well.

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
they still have 2 games remaining don't they? warm-ups don't mean much in the overall context of the tournament
I wrote actual World Cup to bring the thread back to the actual World Cup happening right now as the last page was about a warm-up game. Not to suggest Namibia were finished at the World Cup.

Drab T20 kit the Aussies are wearing. Sack ASICS. For style this kit they wore in 2016 WC beats it hands down. Nike has designed us a new T20 kit. Why aren't our boys wearing that here.
View attachment 1263350
Sack Asics... but you liked the 2016 one from Asics? Anyway, not sure what you're talking about re Nike, they're doing Big Bash and that's it.

The other uniform that will be used for the tournament is this:

ausuni1.jpg

If Wade plays game 1 we are more than dumb, playing Warner is bad enough when the crab can't hit it off the square! Inglis is a better bat (in the middle order role) and a better keeper

All the scores so far have been low, with 3 of the 4 teams batting first not getting over 130. Is this just because they are associate nations or are the pitches already worn out? There hadn't been a game at Abu Dhabi for a week before last night but neither team got over 110. At the end of the IPL there were also many low scoring games as well.

If you followed the IPL (where this WC is being held) the scores were all fairly low, 150 was a really good score. Expect 160-170 to be a winning score this WC.

Westend

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
If Wade plays game 1 we are more than dumb, playing Warner is bad enough when the crab can't hit it off the square! Inglis is a better bat (in the middle order role) and a better keeper

I have been saying this for months....the issue for me ..Wade's keeping is behind Inglis/carey and for me his best position is as an opener. He has scored the majority of his runs for Hobart. But it looks like they want Wade in the middle/lower order which I do not believe he is best suited for.

Based on form atm and if Warner poor form continues ...it would be more advantageous for us to have Wade open with Finch and Inglis in the middle order or not have Wade play at all

Saying all that if wade gets the gig which I think he will i hope he goes well wherever he plays ..and warner as well

Westend

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
We won’t because we’ll stupidly pick 3 quicks

Hazelwood has improved out of sight in the t20 format and given himself a very good chance

Thats good for us ...having a fit Starc Cummins and Hazelwood...I am happy with that

We don't have to play all three all the time ....need to assess the conditions

Hazelwood has improved out of sight in the t20 format and given himself a very good chance

Thats good for us ...having a fit Starc Cummins and Hazelwood...I am happy with that

We don't have to play all three all the time ....need to assess the conditions

And that my friend is why we'll lose. You don't play 3 quicks in a t20 in the UAE. 2 is more than enough, you play the extra spinner. No issue with Hazelwood playing as the second quick actually.

Westend

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
And that my friend is why we'll lose. You don't play 3 quicks in a t20 in the UAE. 2 is more than enough, you play the extra spinner. No issue with Hazelwood playing as the second quick actually.

Yeah so you assess the conditions ..Cummins is coming our of quarantine I think so he might be a slow starter and miss the first couple of games I believe

So that gives us Starc Hazelwood for the first game plus the spinners

But the three quicks is a strength for us ....I do understand the UAE is not great for fast bowling...but having the big three quicks in our squad does give us an advantage over the other nations

I personally Believe the only way we can win the cup..is based upon our bowling/fielding... I do not believe we have the batting consistency yet to make scores of 180/200 plus that England/India West indies possess but I do believe we have the quicks that can cause serious damage to those line ups. If we can get a 160 score we are a chance with our bowling attack

Its about managing the squad and the team...that's up to Langer to get his team right based upon the conditions

Yeah so you assess the conditions ..Cummins is coming our of quarantine I think so he might be a slow starter and miss the first couple of games I believe

So that gives us Starc Hazelwood for the first game plus the spinners

But the three quicks is a strength for us ....I do understand the UAE is not great for fast bowling...but having the big three quicks in our squad does give us an advantage over the other nations

I personally Believe the only way we can win the cup..is based upon our bowling/fielding... I do not believe we have the batting consistency yet to make scores of 180/200 plus that England/India West indies possess but I do believe we have the quicks that can cause serious damage to those line ups. If we can get a 160 score we are a chance with our bowling attack

Its about managing the squad and the team...that's up to Langer to get his team right based upon the conditions

It should always be 2 quicks...we have Mitch Marsh there as it is, that is 3 quicks, 4 quicks is so overkill it's not funny. That isn't even considering Stoinis who I wouldn't play but they will. Need two spinners (Agar and Zampa), Agar adds to the batting depth. It would be a choice between Cummins and Hazelwood for me, personally on form its Hazelwood.

We don't have the side, we will be lucky to reach the quarters

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Overs bowled and wickets taken in the UAE matches so far:

Spin: 30.4 overs 7 wickets
Pace: 37.3 overs 17 wickets

Leading wicket takers from this years IPL mostly played in the UAE:

Harshal Patel (pace) 32
Avesh Khan (pace) 24
Jasprit Bumrah (pace) 21
Shardul Thakur (pace) 21
Mohammed Shami (pace) 19

Leading wicket takers from the 2020 IPL played in the UAE:

Kagiso Rabada (pace) 30
Jasprit Bumrah (pace) 27
Trent Boult (pace) 25
Anrich Nortje (pace) 22
Yuzvendra Chahal (spin) 21

Overs bowled and wickets taken in the UAE matches so far:

Spin: 30.4 overs 7 wickets
Pace: 37.3 overs 17 wickets

Leading wicket takers from this years IPL mostly played in the UAE:

Harshal Patel (pace) 32
Avesh Khan (pace) 24
Jasprit Bumrah (pace) 21
Shardul Thakur (pace) 21
Mohammed Shami (pace) 19

Leading wicket takers from the 2020 IPL played in the UAE:

Kagiso Rabada (pace) 30
Jasprit Bumrah (pace) 27
Trent Boult (pace) 25
Anrich Nortje (pace) 22
Yuzvendra Chahal (spin) 21

What were the economy rates? Wickets are the single most overrated thing in T20, it is all about economy, keeping the runs down. I'd be shocked if more of the spinners weren't the better economy rates, albeit I didn't watch too much of the second part of the IPL (only caught the final).

We don't need 3 front liners plus Marsh, plus Stoinis...how many flipping quicks do you want?

Santana

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 28, 2008
Check the world T20 rating of Agar.

Hopefully it is the last time they wear that lame jersey.

Back