T20I 2021 ICC Men's T20 World Cup - Non-Australia games

Remove this Banner Ad

What were the economy rates? Wickets are the single most overrated thing in T20, it is all about economy, keeping the runs down. I'd be shocked if more of the spinners weren't the better economy rates, albeit I didn't watch too much of the second part of the IPL (only caught the final).

We don't need 3 front liners plus Marsh, plus Stoinis...how many flipping quicks do you want?
Economy rates from the UAE matches in the World Cup so far:

Spin: 6.64
Pace: 5.23

Small sample size but the point is the pitches really aren't as spin friendly for T20 matches as you think they are. It's not a test match where they make them dustbowls.

Small sample size but the point is the pitches really aren't as spin friendly for T20 matches as you think they are. It's not a test match where they make them dustbowls.

yeah thats a good point....spin is vital but they are not raging bunsen burners

Stoinis coming back from a hammie.... I do not think they will ask him to bowl a lot or if any
He's going to bowl against India on Wednesday apparently.

If Wade plays game 1 we are more than dumb, playing Warner is bad enough when the crab can't hit it off the square! Inglis is a better bat (in the middle order role) and a better keeper
Agree, Wade is a horrible lower order T20 batsmen he is only useful in the top 3 with the hard ball but there is no room for him up there. Inglis can bat well in all scenarios, opening, middle and finishing so he should get the nod but I doubt he will.

What about in the IPL? The minnow games in the WC aren't a fantastic guide really. The pitches were low and slow all through the IPL. We don't need more than 4 quicks and we have that with Marsh and Stoinis!

The pitches are just dead. They're slow but don't do much for the quicks or spinners.

Agree, Wade is a horrible lower order T20 batsmen he is only useful in the top 3 with the hard ball but there is no room for him up there. Inglis can bat well in all scenarios, opening, middle and finishing so he should get the nod but I doubt he will.

I know MM has done well up the order but it throws the structure of the whole team out batting the keeper down the order. MM batting at #5 for the Scorchers and then #3 for Australia, while top order batsman in the big bash get played at #5 and #6 for the national team, basically sums up why Australia suck at T20s in a nutshell.

Check the world T20 rating of Agar.

Drab T20 kit the Aussies are wearing. Sack ASICS. For style this kit they wore in 2016 WC beats it hands down. Nike has designed us a new T20 kit. Why aren't our boys wearing that here.
View attachment 1263367
Yeah, getting sick of seeing the 2019 WC kit over and over again. Looks a bit ordinary up against the sharp new kits most other sides will be sporting at this tournament.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have done well considering they have played no international cricket since 2019
They did play some ODIs this year as part of League 2 but yeah they've been starved of international cricket during COVID.

Valiant effort from PNG to make a game of it after being 5/35. Scotland now with one foot in the Super 12s stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back